Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

@SuperDerbySuperRams mate how confident did your mate seem in the Marriott deal? Likely or not? Would love to see it personally but struggling to if we can’t shift Vydra...

I don’t think a member of their board would come to the club to discuss if there wasn’t a good chance of it happening. It didn’t sound too far away tbh 

I’m reading their chairman’s tweets and it all sounds very positive to be honest. Especially with the link with Redknapp/Barry Fry. If someone could post some of the tweets that would be good because I don’t know how to embed them 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don’t think a member of their board would come to the club to discuss if there wasn’t a good chance of it happening. It didn’t sound too far away tbh 

I’m reading their chairman’s tweets and it all sounds very positive to be honest. Especially with the link with Redknapp/Barry Fry. If someone could post some of the tweets that would be good because I don’t know how to embed them 

I heard a rumour a while back that Redknapp is essentially back working with us, obviously to help out wee Frank. 

I wonder if this is true, or if he might be helping along these negotiations in some way? I’d personally love to see Redknapp back but I know many would disagree with me...

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I heard a rumour a while back that Redknapp is essentially back working with us, obviously to help out wee Frank. 

I wonder if this is true, or if he might be helping along these negotiations in some way? I’d personally love to see Redknapp back but I know many would disagree with me...

Someone asked him on Twitter if Fry is good mates with Redknapp and he said very. I was told that Redknapp told Frank about Marriott in the first place. But it wasn’t Redknapp’s decision, our coaching set up have done their homework 

He might be, we know he’s very good friends with Morris 

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be a breff of freshshare ??

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Here's hoping we can fund Marriott without selling Vydra. Them two up front would be very lethal. 

In a way, on paper, it would seem so. 

HOWEVER, it doesn't seem like Marriott creates too much for himself & Vydra doesn't crate too much for the man in front of him either. If Nugent was in League One, there's no chance he'd score 33 goals, but in the same respect I don't think Marriott & Vydra would work as well together. 

Sum of the team and all that... 

11 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Told this evening that he’s our number 1 striking target, Abraham is waiting for Prem and won’t happen. Three bids already turned down and believe it or not Posh representatives were at Moor Farm today. Harry Redknapp advised Frank to take a look at him and the coaching team have researched him relentlessly and liked what they saw. Posh want 6m, he hasn’t played in their opening two pre season games. 

See what happens this week I guess... 

Thought you didn't have any news, you cheeky bugger you ? 

A couple of observations- the Peterborough chairman is clearly the lead sales person at Peterborough 

there are many on here wetting themselves at the prospect of paying a lot of money for the league one golden boot leading scorer last season but very few wanting to keep the already contracted championship golden boot leading scorer last season which is very bizarre - we know one of them can do it in the championship but the other one is just an utter gamble

10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Sorry that’s all I got told to those who asked about other players. Newcastle have enquirer about Abraham apparently but Chelsea want to wait until their managerial situation is sorted. I guess he could be a squad player for them next season failing all else 

Newcastle currently close to signing Kenedy on a season loan from Chelsea, can only be 1 loan from a club so if this goes through it either ends their Abraham interest or they want him on a permanent.

They have been linked with a few strikers on permanent deals though like Rondon

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A couple of observations- the Peterborough chairman is clearly the lead sales person at Peterborough 

there are many on here wetting themselves at the prospect of paying a lot of money for the league one golden boot leading scorer last season but very few wanting to keep the already contracted championship golden boot leading scorer last season which is very bizarre - we know one of them can do it in the championship but the other one is just an utter gamble

They dont play the same position. If bith were out and out strikers id agree with you. But  Vyrda plays in a position which coukd well be surplus to requirments. A season being stuck out on the left, he will score as many as he didnin his forst season.

I’m of the opinion that we should either change the formation to two up front which will suit Vydra/the team better or sell him for a large fee to reinvest on 2-3 quality players.

It might seem strange to some that his sale isn’t more steadfastly opposed but he was too lightweight in general play for me and contributed to the midfield not controlling games enough.

I can’t see him fitting into Franks style of play personally if we play 4-3-3.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It is a quandary.

I guess the club's view is that we didn't go up even with the league's top scorer and the only way we can strengthen elsewhere is to sell our most valuable asset.

Ideally we would sell 5-6 players at £2m each but no-one seems to want our nearly men.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

They dont play the same position. If bith were out and out strikers id agree with you. But  Vyrda plays in a position which coukd well be surplus to requirments. A season being stuck out on the left, he will score as many as he didnin his forst season.

Where they played last season is now history with different managers and teammates ( assuming the Peterborough lad moves) where they are asked to play and who with/next too next season we don’t actually know 

Archived