Proof if we didn't already know that our profile is rising

CumbriaRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought he was at Arsenal?

Club career[edit]

Born in London, and raised in Lewisham, Nketiah started his career with Chelsea but was released by the club at the under-14 level in 2015.[2] He eventually joined the Arsenal Academy and played for the club at both the under-23 and under-18's level.[2] During the 2016–17 season, Nketiah scored 15 goals in 16 appearances for the under-18s while also bagging 12 goals in 26 appearances for the under-23 side.[3] After that season, Nketiah was called up by Arsène Wenger for the senior side's pre-season trip to Australia and China.[4]

On 28 September 2017, Nketiah was called up again to the senior side, this time for Arsenal's Europa League match against BATE Borisov. He came on as a 89th-minute substitute for Joe Willock as Arsenal won 4–2.[5] His next appearance came nearly a month later against Norwich City in the League Cup as an 85th-minute substitute. He scored after 15 seconds with his first touch to tie the match, adding another in extra time to win it for the Gunners.[6]

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought he was at Arsenal?

He was with Chelsea but released as an under-14 in 2015. I don't know if Jody Morris would have worked with him, because back then he was a coach in their U21 setup. 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He was with Chelsea but released as an under-14 in 2015. I don't know if Jody Morris would have worked with him, because back then he was a coach in their U21 setup. 

Thanks for the info. Just briefly looked on Wiki and saw he was at Chelsea for a bit.

Sky Sports News are using a picture of Frank to advertise the Championship fixture list comes out at 09:00 (?) on June the 21st.

Not Karanka, not Bruce, not Pullis,  but our Frank. ? 

edit Can I just add, that’s the day after mine and Frank’s birthday, just incase you want to send any greetings. ? 

24 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Sky Sports News are using a picture of Frank to advertise the Championship fixture list comes out at 09:00 (?) on June the 21st.

edit Can I just add, that’s the day after mine and Frank’s birthday, just incase you want to send any greetings. ? 

That's June the 20th bookmarked.

Expect marching bands and confetti cannons.

Or more likely an apologie when the fixtures come out.

10 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Happy Birthday Frank in advance x

23 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I'm just really pleased they are doing some scouting themselves. 

Clement famously never did any scouting. You occasionally heard of Mac showing up at random matches... But never Rowett. 

Weight unearth some unknown gems which already exited me for the new season. 

In their defence, most early scouting is done via video nowadays with only an in person visit towards the end.

Clement only watched one game in person of our next opponents during his brief spell.

Who was our next game?  Manu.  Nice trip to old Trafford for him.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Clement famously never did any scouting. You occasionally heard of Mac showing up at random matches... But never Rowett. 

Remember Rowett whining/moaning/excuse making after his first window saying " its really difficult to sign players".

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Clement did lots of scouting for new potential.

Not in the conventional managerial sense of course.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Clement did lots of scouting for new potential.

Not in the conventional managerial sense of course.

I think we're making the same point, right?Clement did analysis of player data... In the same way you might do on Football Manager.

But he didn't do scouting. 

Archived