CumbriaRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

you mean just like the last 4 years...

I can't imagine what's not to enjoy at the moment 

I really don’t get it do I. 

We have to cut costs and sell our best striker yet everyone is positive on here. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I am a realist and I don’t get it. 

No you are not a realist.

The reality is that the players have gotten into the top half of the table often. Why shouldn't a new manager do the same or better?

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

We have to cut costs and sell our best striker yet everyone is positive on here. 

Our previous best striker was hardly played and ditched for little money. Why should it be so tough to replace Vydra.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's what we do best as Derby fans. We know it will invariably end in disappointment but you have to stay positive. 

Now then Steve this ain't necessarily so...cheer up mate, next season is all ours! ?

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m struggling at the moment to enjoy it though mate. 

Too many variables and not enough continuity 

What variables?

You want continuity yet I remember your stance on Rowett changing twice last season.

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Where has it been said we have to tell our top striker?

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

I am a realist and I don’t get it. 

Because I go to watch Derby County for some entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. Whether they win or lose doesn't materially affect me, my mortgage, my job, my family or even my mood that much. 

Under Rowett I was happy enough, but I'm intrigued with the appointment of Lampard and am excited to see whether he can shape the team into the way he played, which was exciting and forward-thinking. I'm excited to see whether he can attract a better class of player to the club than we've seen for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing whether he can build a team capable of promotion and how he goes about it. I'm excited because I really rated him as a player and am interested to see how he gets on as a manager.

I'm excited because it's shiny, new and different. It's interesting rather than boring and predictable. And I like the guy.

As for cost-cutting, no problem. Long overdue in my book. Some of the contracts we seem to have handed out are ridiculous. A good few players can go and I won't miss them. Sell Vydra and we'll live. We might even find someone else to score 20 goals, or three players scoring 15 plus.

So for all those reasons, I'm positive. And just because I'm a positive kind of guy.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What variables?

You want continuity yet I remember your stance on Rowett changing twice last season.

Where has it been said we have to tell our top striker?

Well I really hope we don’t sell Vydra or is someone else our top striker !

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Because I go to watch Derby County for some entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. Whether they win or lose doesn't materially affect me, my mortgage, my job, my family or even my mood that much. 

Under Rowett I was happy enough, but I'm intrigued with the appointment of Lampard and am excited to see whether he can shape the team into the way he played, which was exciting and forward-thinking. I'm excited to see whether he can attract a better class of player to the club than we've seen for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing whether he can build a team capable of promotion and how he goes about it. I'm excited because I really rated him as a player and am interested to see how he gets on as a manager.

I'm excited because it's shiny, new and different. It's interesting rather than boring and predictable. And I like the guy.

As for cost-cutting, no problem. Long overdue in my book. Some of the contracts we seem to have handed out are ridiculous. A good few players can go and I won't miss them. Sell Vydra and we'll live. We might even find someone else to score 20 goals, or three players scoring 15 plus.

So for all those reasons, I'm positive. And just because I'm a positive kind of guy.

Well fair enough then what can I say. 

Archived