Maybe we can get Hendrick back on the cheap?

oldtimeram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he could be a good player if Lampard can coax a bit more out of him..... He's the guy to do it I reckon.  If we can get him cheap and he helps us get promoted it will be money well spent....... Dyche may then want him back for £15m then? 

28 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

why go back?

i never understand the shortsightedness of fans.

let get hughes back while we are at it, so we can fail with the same players all over again

Because we made a mistake? Hendrick is a great player in a midfield 3. With Hendrick and Hughes back we'd have a substantially better midfield than we do currently, provided we change our formation and play 3 in midfield.

Burnley need 4 CMs in their 25-man squad - Hendrick is well below the standard of Defour & Cork and even Westwood was preferred ahead of JH when Defour got injured in January.

In the run up to Christmas when the dizzy heights of 4th were reached after 15/16 games, Hendrick was an ever-present playing just behind the lone striker. Despite the TEAM'S success, Hendrick clearly did not enjoy the role, and he was mainly a sub once Dyche opted for two up front (Barnes/Wood),

A dilemma for Dyche but he rates the player's versatility. Time will tell, but we are talking about a player who started the majority of matches for a team which finished 7th in the PL to qualify for Europe.

If he drops to the Championship, more likely to be a West Brom or Stoke. Burnley are interested in a couple of WBA players - part cash/exchange deals?

Or to Forest? Dyche big admirer of Joe Worrall. Bid rejected last January.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

This writer reckons Jeff is doing just fine at Burnley, and doing what Dyche wants of him:

https://www.football365.com/news/forensically-watching-ordinary-player-jeff-hendrick

This article was written in March. I don't think Hendrick started any of the 8 games after it was published.

I am happy for him to stay but also would wish him well if he goes (provided a better replacement comes in).

13 minutes ago, Grantona said:

This article was written in March. I don't think Hendrick started any of the 8 games after it was published.

I am happy for him to stay but also would wish him well if he goes (provided a better replacement comes in).

Thanks for the better-informed update.

Archived