Maybe we can get Hendrick back on the cheap?

oldtimeram

Inconsistency is a trait we need less of, not more - regardless of how good the players are "on their day".

It's a no from me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Grantona said:

This article was written in March. I don't think Hendrick started any of the 8 games after it was published.

I am happy for him to stay but also would wish him well if he goes (provided a better replacement comes in).

We've got this Bryson chap, do you a deal....

Thorne, Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Bryson, Guy, Elsnik, Hanson. That's only 8 centre midfielders, so yeah, we should add some competition with Hendrick, especially if we need only spend 5+ million from our tight budget.

I'm sure there's logic there somewhere, I just don't see it.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Because we made a mistake? Hendrick is a great player in a midfield 3. With Hendrick and Hughes back we'd have a substantially better midfield than we do currently, provided we change our formation and play 3 in midfield.

a great player by what standard? if he was such a truely great player wouldnt he be a first team regular somewhere other than Burnley?

2 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

a great player by what standard? if he was such a truely great player wouldnt he be a first team regular somewhere other than Burnley?

A great player by the standards of our midfield. I'd swap Johnson and Butterfield for Hendrick is a heartbeat. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

A great player by the standards of our midfield. I'd swap Johnson and Butterfield for Hendrick is a heartbeat. 

whilst i agree with you there im sure he would cost a lot more than johnson, butterfield and a heartbeat but i guess it depends on whose heart it is lol

I particularly liked the comment “he’s got a good touch, but shame it is not his first - get rid”.  We got a very good deal for Jeff - arguably our best bit of business, in or out, in the last few years.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I particularly liked the comment “he’s got a good touch, but shame it is not his first - get rid”.  We got a very good deal for Jeff - arguably our best bit of business, in or out, in the last few years.

Agreed. It partially funded all of our terrible signings since. 

55 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Thorne, Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Bryson, Guy, Elsnik, Hanson. That's only 8 centre midfielders, so yeah, we should add some competition with Hendrick, especially if we need only spend 5+ million from our tight budget.

I'm sure there's logic there somewhere, I just don't see it.

For some reason I forgot Butters. So make Hendrick number ten then.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I was thinking this late last season actually, but I was more along the lines of a loan signing.

If Hendrick has only one season left on his contract they won't want to loan him out . If he's not  going to extend his contract then they would look to sell, but we won't have enough money to buy him back even at half the price we got for him. Shame, he's a good player and we've missed him. 

At the amount he’d cost no way! We mugged them right off for 11 million, good player when he’s on his game but he vanished into the shadows far too often, especially when him and Bryson played together, was like a pair of ghosts sometimes. While he’s better than what we have at the moment, no way would I try and get him back, need to spread the money out.

Played in 36 games for a team that finished 7th in the Premier league last year, I’d say that he is isn’t doing that bad.  

Pogba wasn’t getting into the Man Utd team last year either, maybe a couple of million would get him here also.

As for the message boards, if you had come onto here a few months ago there were posters that were saying GR was doing a good job - I wouldn’t take much notice of them....

Another club that think they are elite after a few seasons in the top flight, a la Stoke, remember Bolton’s owner trying to enforce no relegation from the Prem, seriously these clubs don’t know what they’ve got, until its gone, Hendrick’s too good for them!

No way we're getting Jeff on the cheap and I doubt we'd even try. Talented as he is, £12 mill was pretty good business and he'd be out of our league just now. McNair, Maddison, Kamara and the like would surely be better value and maybe better fits too. 

Archived