Maybe we can get Hendrick back on the cheap?

oldtimeram

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

Another club that think they are elite after a few seasons in the top flight, a la Stoke, remember Bolton’s owner trying to enforce no relegation from the Prem, seriously these clubs don’t know what they’ve got, until its gone, Hendrick’s too good for them!

Not elite, I grant you. But would you be happy if the Rams were the 7th-best team in England with at least two Euro games to play? And we should have been 6th best ahead of Arsenal but for dodgy/"cheating" ref decisions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised to see him go, kind of seems unlikely Burnley would thin their squad with European games to play and gravelface doesn't seem like a guy for wholesale change. That said he'd be a good fit for Fulham (a fairly robust guy in a fairly fragile midfield) or Cardiff. Could imagine West Brom or Stoke finding the coin for him later in the window if Dyche does replace him tho.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We’re all saying we’ve conned Burnley out of £12m, but I remember at the time we were all demanding we shouldn’t sell him for anything less!

Let’s not talk down the lad’s worth just so we can revel in saying we coaxed Burnley into paying over the odds. The truth is, that was his value and to all parties at the time it was a fair deal. 

Burnley have pocketed north of £220 million since Hendrick arrived at Turf Moor (and are guaranteed at least another £100 million in the next 12 months).

I doubt the club are too worried that his transfer fee and wages have been about 7% of the £220 million.

Lets get Eustace back too. And Cyrus Christie and try to see if we can get the Wembley playoff side back together. Will suit those fans who seem to still worship Martin. No disrespect to any of those players, I just want to move forward from that era. Hence a big no. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Who's got £5m?

we could need to raise a £9m profit on player sales this year just to achieve an overall loss of @£16m

£1,800,000 for Rowett and supposedly a bit more for Ince as Huddersfield stayed up, may well be halfway there already.

Thankfully he had a decent Euros with Ireland the summer we sold him which probably quadrupled his actual value at the time.

He has all the attributes for a good footballer but simply doesnt have a 'footballing brain' as some would call it. 

Like someone said previously, will always be a player who players really well 1 in 3 or 4 games and goes missing in the others, will have a spurt of goals then nothing again for ages

The only one I want back is Hughes and that isn’t going to happen. ? .... Frank and Jody would have got the attacking/scoring side of his game buzzing and he could have become the complete player we all know he has the talent to be. 

For those Burnley fans slating him there are probably just as many that rate him. Like on here some fans slated him whereas other fans like me rated him highly. Inconsistent yes but on his day easily one of the best in the championship. He was still maturing and after the euros think he would’ve had his best season as he’d taken his game to the next level. 

Also got to remember, Burnley finished 7th in the prem, we’re aiming top 6 championship. Big difference. Hendrick is way better than Derby right now. We’ve missed him massively and there’s no way we would get him for anything less than 8-10m. Other prem teams would also be ahead in the queue. Which therefore means no chance.

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

For those Burnley fans slating him there are probably just as many that rate him. Like on here some fans slated him whereas other fans like me rated him highly. Inconsistent yes but on his day easily one of the best in the championship. He was still maturing and after the euros think he would’ve had his best season as he’d taken his game to the next level. 

Also got to remember, Burnley finished 7th in the prem, we’re aiming top 6 championship. Big difference. Hendrick is way better than Derby right now. We’ve missed him massively and there’s no way we would get him for anything less than 8-10m. Other prem teams would also be ahead in the queue. Which therefore means no chance.

Yes even if he was struggling to get into Burnley team at the end of the season doesn’t mean his value has gone down

The big question is "Would B4evis accept Hendrick back in a Derby team?"....even on a free transfer, given the player's association with Burnley??

I realise B4 hates all things Burnley, who he considers the "dirtiest" and "luckiest" team of all time.

9 minutes ago, Grantona said:

The big question is "Would B4evis accept Hendrick back in a Derby team?"....even on a free transfer, given the player's association with Burnley??

I realise B4 hates all things Burnley, who he considers the "dirtiest" and "luckiest" team of all time.

What are you doing bailing out Aston Villa ? You had a chance to be the only claret and blue team - I suspect you screwed them to the floor over that £500,000 you gave them early - just like Tottenham did to us a few years back! 

On 06/06/2018 at 15:18, jagerbob said:

why go back?

i never understand the shortsightedness of fans.

let get hughes back while we are at it, so we can fail with the same players all over again

Moronic comment. 

You're suggesting buying Will Hughes back would be a bad idea?

I bet Tottenham fans would never ever want Bale back and Utd fans were done with Ronaldo the second he went to Real.

By your logic all clubs only sell players who are surplus to requirements thus transfers to bigger/better clubs simply don't happen. Ridiculous.

Some lower Prem side will take him, not at £10m, but he's young enough and with enough experience for them to think he's a rough diamond, and I presume his wages are low enough to fit most budgets.

If it comes to it I can see a lot of rival Championship sides who can/will cough up £5-6m for him - Stoke, Forest, Villa, Norwich, Boro, Swansea, WBA... Probably out of Mac and QPRs reach.

I'd probably take him back on a free next year but the reality is I wouldn't really be wanting him as a marquee signing and first name on the team sheet in midfield this season.

Look forward, all this looking back with players and managers has seldom got us anywhere. 

Archived