Curtis Davies ‘excited’ to work with Lampard

Day

“The fact that he is fresh from his playing career means he is still in touch with the modern game and his punditry stuff means he has been watching a lot of games and people play,” said Davies.

“I think he is well in touch and a good addition to this football club. It’s going to be Frank’s first job managing football but he brings a winning mentality from his playing days.

“It’s going to be exciting times and I’m looking forward to getting going and seeing what the manager’s plans are.”

Full interview: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2018/06/davies-excited-to-start-work-with-lampard?__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Doesn't sound like a player who's off to me ?

Not sure if he’d say any different, even if he was. He could still get his head turned, but for now there’s no harm in starting off on the right foot with the new boss.

13 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

If the offer did get tabled from Stoke, I know which manager I'd be more inspired by. 

Curtis ain't going anywhere, and we are moving forward.

Quite.

So Curtis, want to be a core part of this new dawn or do you want to go to that shithole down the road?

45 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not sure if he’d say any different, even if he was. He could still get his head turned, but for now there’s no harm in starting off on the right foot with the new boss.

For the club to interview him though says to me they've not had any interest as of yet . 

Issue is whether Stoke (or anyone else) comes in with a bid that's big enough to tempt us - Davies obviously had a great season with us last year so there's no reason for him to want to go to the armpit known as Stoke (other than a huge payrise), but I suspect it will all be down to finances (same as with Carson and Vyds).

As far a Stoke go, I read that Rowett is now back from is Hols and talking to their chairman regarding transfer targets, so they won't have bid yet, but may do soon if he considers Davies as an upgrade on their current centre-halves....

Find interviews in football quite tedious most the time. In most sports it's tedious but at least in boxing an F1 they can be amateurish and diva-ish respectively. 

Ask any question to any player/manager and you get like a 3 variations in the answer. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Find interviews in football quite tedious most the time. In most sports it's tedious but at least in boxing an F1 they can be amateurish and diva-ish respectively. 

Ask any question to any player/manager and you get like a 3 variations in the answer. 

i got the impression (rightly or wrongly) over the past few months of the season that Davies was frustrated, not just with the results but also with the style of play. I just don`t see him wanting to experience more of the same at this stage of his career. Bringing on pressure at his age is not healthy. Hes a family guy. Stoke?? Really??

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

In the absence of Lamps saying who will be his captain. Then yes he is

I don’t really get why people are assuming Davies is now permanently captain just because Two Shots got so desperate in his attempts to stop the rot he gave a different player a strip of fabric 

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don’t really get why people are assuming Davies is now permanently captain just because Two Shots got so desperate in his attempts to stop the rot he gave a different player a strip of fabric 

I never said I assumed he was captain.

He ended the season as captain, Lampard has not said who is captain will be for the new season. Ergo Davies remains captain by default until Lampard says otherwise or he is sold. 

Simples

Archived