New Kit Sponsor - 32Red

ThePrisoner

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, robglosta said:

Well you clearly do care, by that logic?

Not at all. If it had collars and was an ugly shirt I wouldn’t buy it. If I liked the shirt I would buy it, irrespective of who the sponsor is. 

So in essence I don’t care who the sponsor is

TobyWanKenobi

Not a fan of advertising gambling companies, but they give us money for us to ignore their name on a shirt so I can cope with it.

Pretty sure all the sponsors will be super pleased about all the media attention that Frank will draw. Hope we factored that into the negotiation when taking their money!

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Alcohol ruins more lives than gambling. Alcohol causes a cost to the NHS that far exceeds the cost from gambling. Alcohol causes more early deaths than gambling.

... I was just using the above examples to show how thoughtless your statement was. 

My statement wasn’t thoughtless at all. I’m not disputing the harms caused by excessive alcohol consumption, I was pointing out that it is a source of enjoyment in a majority of people’s lives. One point doesn’t cancel out the other. 

20 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

But why is the kit being released so early?

So glad it is, I really hope the other kits are released early too, so as my lad can pick which 1 he wants in time for his birthday ??

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Plain shirt but classy, I think.

Didn’t know 32Red were a betting company but knew them from other clubs’ kits. Knew the word, Red would inflame some.

Remember us launching one once before the season was over and playing the final game in it.

19 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Plain shirt but classy, I think.

Didn’t know 32Red were a betting company but knew them from other clubs’ kits. Knew the word, Red would inflame some.

Seems to be what a fair few clubs are doing now, releasing the kits earlier.

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

My statement wasn’t thoughtless at all. I’m not disputing the harms caused by excessive alcohol consumption, I was pointing out that it is a source of enjoyment in a majority of people’s lives. One point doesn’t cancel out the other. 

Likewise with gambling. The majority of people I know enjoy it. My dad, sister, her fella and I all sit on a Saturday (when not at Derby) having a laugh with our bets. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Likewise with gambling. The majority of people I know enjoy it. My dad, sister, her fella and I all sit on a Saturday (when not at Derby) having a laugh with our bets. 

Agree with both statements here, it doesn't all of a sudden turn us into gambling addicts... 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

I don't mind it to be honest. Having an alcohol sponsor wouldn't have made me an alcoholic.

Having a food sponsor like just eat didn't make me eat loads of takeaways.

Why should this be different...

Agree. I am though still trying to work out what to do with all these fridges i bought after seeing forest play a couple of seasons back.

Archived