Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see what we do with the Vydra money before we judge.

We should remember that Vydra didn't start a lot of games towards the end of the season and was pretty poor against Fulham when it mattered. 

I'm not saying he's anything other than a talented goalscorer but we need a team that knits together and has strength in depth.

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We should remember that Vydra didn't start a lot of games towards the end of the season and was pretty poor against Fulham when it mattered. 

I'm not saying he's anything other than a talented goalscorer but we need a team that knits together and has strength in depth.

Thank goodness for someone who doesn’t keep trotting out “he’s a great player”-he’s not!! He’s exactly how you describe him.Take the money and reinvest it as Frank sees fit.That’s what we pay him for.

40 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we've spent that already

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I can't really put my finger on why, but I'm not really a fan of Vydra and glad he seems to be on the way out.

Mmmmh. Didn’t his arrival broadly coincide with the door being shown to Chris Martin. I think I know what you are doing with that finger now.

6 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I can't really put my finger on why, but I'm not really a fan of Vydra and glad he seems to be on the way out.

Same here. I don't dislike him, he scores goals... I'm just bored of him. Maybe he just reminds us of the Pearson and Rowett eras?

5 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’d rather have a front 5 that are all getting goals than having team built for 1 player to score 20. When he wasn’t on it or injured we struggled.

mount, Wilson, Marriott, Lawrence, Jozefzoon and Bryson can all score a fair few goals.

Doesn't that prove that the players around him needed improving rather than getting rid of him?

5 hours ago, eddie said:

The money Derby get from Vydra might well finance the purchase of 4 players. It just makes so much sense.

If we are struggling to meet FFP them 4 players would have to total less than Vydra's wages.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Same here. I don't dislike him, he scores goals... I'm just bored of him. Maybe he just reminds us of the Pearson and Rowett eras?

Yeah it's a strange one, I've supported the rams since 1988 and I've always been absolutely gutted to lose our top scorer. Somehow not too bothered about Vydra going, even though he was my favourite player from last year. Maybe, subconsciously, it's a trade off, poo football vs no Vydra. Hmmmm, I choose no Vydra!!!!!

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

A "major coup". You've got to laugh. We've been trying to shift him since the end of the season!

Vydra was the only player in the Derby team last season who was capable of scoring and I understand why selling him makes sense.

Nonetheless, I'm sorry to see him go having spent most of last season desperate to see him on the ball.

I wish him well at Leeds. I don't wish Leeds well though.

I don't get all the anti Vydra sentiment. He was outstanding for us last season, far superior to anything Lawrence showed, but Lawrence is suddenly flavour of the month. Vydra is a better finisher and his awareness of players movement around him was at a level Lawrence could only dream about last season but it seems that the majority of people would rather see him go if 10 million or thereabouts was on offer for either of them. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I'm wrong and Lawrence comes good this year buy let's be honest he was dire for the majority of last season and only kept his place in the team because of the snakes inability to admit his marquee signing needed dropping. I think he'll struggle to fit in with the intelligent players we've inherited such as Mount and Wilson but here's hoping I'm proved wrong and we're all celebrating a fantastic season for him in a few months but I honestly feel he'll continue to frustrate?. Before anyone states how young he is, don't forget he is 24, not much younger than Vydra. 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If we are struggling to meet FFP them 4 players would have to total less than Vydra's wages.

Ah, yes. Your personal hobby-horse.

6 minutes ago, chelloram said:

I don't get all the anti Vydra sentiment. He was outstanding for us last season, far superior to anything Lawrence showed, but Lawrence is suddenly flavour of the month. Vydra is a better finisher and his awareness of players movement around him was at a level Lawrence could only dream about last season but it seems that the majority of people would rather see him go if 10 million or thereabouts was on offer for either of them. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I'm wrong and Lawrence comes good this year buy let's be honest he was dire for the majority of last season and only kept his place in the team because of the snakes inability to admit his marquee signing needed dropping. I think he'll struggle to fit in with the intelligent players we've inherited such as Mount and Wilson but here's hoping I'm proved wrong and we're all celebrating a fantastic season for him in a few months but I honestly feel he'll continue to frustrate?. Before anyone states how young he is, don't forget he is 24, not much younger than Vydra. 

Agreed.

Archived