Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

27 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Bigger club with the best manager in the league who will probably challenge more than Derby next season? I can see why he'd want to move.

Oh, youd better let Stoke city know that then. they're convinced on both points (I know, laughable).

Leeds used to be bigger and look to be building again, bit dont get carried away right now.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Bigger club with the best manager in the league who will probably challenge more than Derby next season? I can see why he'd want to move.

Yet you can't pay him enough money? I thought big clubs a) had money or b) could attract players without paying them more?

47 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Spot on dude but many fans in England don’t appreciate how influential Bielsa is on football because we haven’t really been exposed to him. He’s a legend. I’ll never forget how his athletic Bilbao side went to old Trafford and absolutely battered sir Alex Ferguson’s Man Utd. Even the great man bowed down to Bielsa because he knew how special he was and how important he was to modern football.

I honestly for the life of my don't know what Leeds were expecting?

He's on 30k a week plus here, surely they knew he'd be after a big wage. I can't help but think that Leeds' owners are stringing their fans along and going to use the 'we tried' and 'players are greedy' when they end up with some unknown Serie B no mark.

We, unfortunately, have just been caught up in their farce. 

Just now, JayRam1 said:

Few rumours that a club from China want Vydra, that could be the reason he wants more money from Leeds.

Now that would be a result......... bump the price up to a club we won’t be competing with.  Probably too good to be true unfortunately 

2 hours ago, JayRam1 said:

Few rumours that a club from China want Vydra, that could be the reason he wants more money from Leeds.

Any chance you could point me in their direction? Been having a search and I can’t find any...

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

Honestly, I don't care how irrational it may seem but I'd be way more gutted to see Lawrence leave.

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

Honestly, I don't care how irrational it may seem but I'd be way more gutted to see Lawrence leave.

Need to read the article....... off to China with Czech Republic & Wales for a tournament 

14 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

Pulled this off one of your Leeds forums you should read the last paragraph because it sums up where you and many other clubs supporters including our own delude themselves that the club's name can attract players on its own

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

by zigzag » Yesterday, 14:51

This doesnt look good or reflect well on the clubs administrative management.

Surely when talks are opened a ball park figure for wages and transfer fee is talked about pretty quickly, yes there is the room for movement by both parties but this will not be a huge variation from the ball park talked about initially. If the ball park is out of our reach then we should have walked away quickly, moved onto the next target on the list and not let things drag on for weeks. But no this is Leeds we let things drag on and on and on whilst other clubs are swift in acquiring their targets, targets who may have been on our list of potential acquisitions. the club say its a slow market, it doesnt seem slow for other clubs who are busy getting their key targets in place for a full pre-season. The only recent target that I can remember who actually came to us after protracted negotiations is Bielsa himself, and Im worried he will up sticks and be off if the club don't pull their finger out soon.

Leeds United as a club thinks we are a big enough name that players will want to come to us regardless, well I have news for the club, players are generally under 30 years old and were mere kids at best when we last had some success and were seen as a big draw, we are no no more or less attractive than many other clubs and unless we will pay what other clubs are paying then a player will not come here simply because we have a better history, we need to pay the going rate (which others seem to have no problem doing so) or we will not attract the quality required.

All things considered, Vydra at reported £30k+ a week and an £11m+ fee is a huge move. Not sure I can see any championship side making it unless they offload for big money or have sizeable parachute payments. After that it's the will of a chairman going for broke, and I don't see Leeds as that.

Bristol will never afford it. Norwich might, Forest might, Wednesday and Boro at a push. WBA and Stoke, Swansea after they offload Bony could. But I don't see any of those happening. After that it's stepping up a level and I don't see where he fits there either.

Starting to thing either we have him until at least January, he goes out on loan for a sizeable fee, or the price drops considerably. Leading scorer in the Championship again at the end of December and the bids will come.

Archived