Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot see the sense in selling Vydra. He should get 15+ goals next season. Pay the FFP fine. No other team has as yet! 

If we get 5 loans in, how many players do we need to buy? A couple of players sold at last minute. 2 or 3 loans out. 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I cannot see the sense in selling Vydra. He should get 15+ goals next season. Pay the FFP fine. No other team has as yet! 

If we get 5 loans in, how many players do we need to buy? A couple of players sold at last minute. 2 or 3 loans out. 

You only get fined if you go up, if you font you get a transfer embargo which is a far worse punishment in my view. Might not be able to buy players for 2 years! With our aging squad that would be a disaster. Add to that we have 8/9 players out of contract next season, our hand would be forced to offer our new contracts to players that nobody really wants.

We've pushed him out the door because of his worth. Why would he feel like he'd be happier at Leeds, an average team in the same division. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to stay, but unfortunately we need the cash apparently.

48 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

According to Nixon, fee is agreed, but Vydra has upped his demands from 30k ish to 50k

Probably read this thread, found out Leeds were going to offer 75k a week, got back on the phone to his agent. 

Can't blame him for asking for a rise. Side wards step in his career moving to Leeds, absolutely no reason he should happily walk out the door without getting something in return.

Hope he milks them for every penny, totally took the piss with the 8m bid. Thought they'd get Hernandez for peanuts too

56 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

We've pushed him out the door because of his worth. Why would he feel like he'd be happier at Leeds, an average team in the same division. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to stay, but unfortunately we need the cash apparently.

Bigger club with the best manager in the league who will probably challenge more than Derby next season? I can see why he'd want to move.

Archived