Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Keep Vydra then. If we don’t get what we want for him keep him. 

Nigel cough brought us in some gems. That team made it to the playoff final or semi final 4 times. Let’s go again. 

We have cleared Bent, Baird, Bryson, Weimann, Russell and shackle. I’m sure Martin will be next.

lets grab a couple of bargains and have a go. That’s a mass amount off the wage bill I’m sure. 

Ince, Hughes and Hendrick brought money in. I know we brought players but it’s the wages that kill us surely. 

Let the kids mould in. 1 year of having a chill and go again.. 

Where did Bryson go? ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Good news.

we don't actually need more players.

We just need to shift some of the dross.

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Excellent. The popular forum classic. Invent an argument to then shoot down. All very interesting but nothing to do with anything i said.

Sorry Nut, I probably didn’t communicate that clearly enough.  What I was trying to say was your quote above implied (actually, flat out says) that we don’t need to invest in new players, just get rid of the dross. 

From that (and my in response) it suggests you believe the key to success will come from only selling the crap players in the squad.

Forgve me if you think I’m making up an argument, but your initial quote suggests otherwise. 

37 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Sorry Nut, I probably didn’t communicate that clearly enough.  What I was trying to say was your quote above implied (actually, flat out says) that we don’t need to invest in new players, just get rid of the dross. 

From that (and my in response) it suggests you believe the key to success will come from only selling the crap players in the squad.

Forgve me if you think I’m making up an argument, but your initial quote suggests otherwise. 

Cut the squad to 22. The best players are still good enough to compete for the play offs.

We would make huge savings on wages so that we become more sustainable. But don't sell the best players. Shift the senior players who aren't good enough to make the team.

thereafter, one in must mean one out.

Forces the manager to make the tough decisions.  

Financially we are then better placed to invest and build and improve.....whilst keeping the wages under control, so we don't get in this mess again.

On 05/07/2018 at 16:12, Papahet said:

For the price being touted, i'm amazed how little interest is being shown aside from Leeds.

10-12 is nowt to these sides coming down with the parachute money. Would surely be worth a pun to someone like Huddersfield, Burnley, Fulham.

Really surprised nobody has snapped him up, maybe he wants to stay here having finally found a club he's settled at.

Burnley already have better strikers and are after Jay Rodriguez who is better than Vydra.

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Cut the squad to 22. The best players are still good enough to compete for the play offs.

We would make huge savings on wages so that we become more sustainable. But don't sell the best players. Shift the senior players who aren't good enough to make the team.

How?

This is likely to be possible next season, not before.

I am presuming the delay on the Vydra deal is due to the 'small procedure' to rectify a post -injury minor problem     and / or Derby's stated unwillingness to let him go unless a replacement is definitely going to sign...……..maybe Abrahams.        We are lucky that Leeds are still ready to wait  even if they do have alternative targets if it falls through.   But if they are paying what they consider to be mega bucks they will want to be sure he is medically A1.

Some interesting Nixon comments this afternoon. Looks like he still thinks Vydra will go, but at a much larger price than Leeds first anticipated.

Good news for us, if that’s true. I’m hoping this deal will get sorted next week so we can start bringing in some of Lampard’s targets. 

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some interesting Nixon comments this afternoon. Looks like he still thinks Vydra will go, but at a much larger price than Leeds first anticipated.

Good news for us, if that’s true. I’m hoping this deal will get sorted next week so we can start bringing in some of Lampard’s targets. 

We need to hope for that! Need to get a few new faces in soon

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That's fine. Just don't let it be a loan deal. Are you listening Mel? NO LOAN DEAL.

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I also read that tweet and the inference I took was that Leeds were hoping to get him for £8m but weren’t too keen on paying the extra £3m that Derby want.They now appear to be looking at other targets which would seem to lessen our chances of bringing in any new signings.

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

As I said a few days ago. Leeds thought £8 mil would do it and we want at least £11 mil. Leeds need to cough up the extra  or move on

Stupid to think we’d sell him for same as we bought him for

5 hours ago, Topram said:

Stupid to think we’d sell him for same as we bought him for

Maybe.  But if he stays and Lampard doesn't play with a no.10 in a 4231 I'm not sure what role he still play

12 hours ago, feisty said:

Maybe.  But if he stays and Lampard doesn't play with a no.10 in a 4231 I'm not sure what role he still play

Maybe we will play a similar formation to what England are playing. I'm sure we could find him a role in a formation like that. If he starts the season like he did last season, his value would go through the roof. 

39 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Maybe we will play a similar formation to what England are playing. I'm sure we could find him a role in a formation like that. If he starts the season like he did last season, his value would go through the roof. 

Serious possibility as all the younger and best u21 players are playing it in England set up.

Please sign the Brentford scouts. 

Archived