Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Dont think we should get too hung up on 20 goal a season strikers. 

We rotated winnall, jerome and nugent, and martin. Between them they got about 20 goals. Not bad. If Lawrence played in vydras position he would score more than he did last year, maybe create more too. More goals from wingers and midfield would help too. 

I a lot of people are sat thinking we had a bad season last season... we didn’t we had one of relative success with Vydra being a key component of that, all I’m saying is unless someone comes in with a silly high offer then don’t sell him, keep what we have and bring in some loans.

The focus in this window should be how we trim the fringe players out to reduce the wage bill - even if it means letting them go for next to nothing fees or compensating thier wages. In my opinion we will have a good enough squad to challenge for play offs again, add a few loans and we could be promotion contenders. 

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if we sell vydra for 12m we won’t improve the squad Overall. 3/4 average players won’t make a star player. 

Since my last post I have been told that Leeds will announce the signing of Vydra for 12 million on or shortly after 1st July.

The source (allegedly), is a certain slithery serpent like creature who is said to frequent the streets of Derby, one of his friends who are currently employed at his previous hunting ground has let the secret slip.

I am in no way ITK.

50 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Various sites saying we value at 11 Mill. Is that a fee most fans would be happy with? 

Definitely not and presumably there are other various sites quoting a different fee - knowing which are more likely to be reasonably accurate is the question.

IIF we sell Vydra for less than 15 million it’s a sure sign we are nearing bankruptcy . If played properly he would get any decent team 25 goals in this division. He managed 20 plus with a Fukwit iof a manager last season. Just imagine the damage he would do in a good side with a manager who believed in him 

13 minutes ago, Doodle said:

IIF we sell Vydra for less than 15 million it’s a sure sign we are nearing bankruptcy . If played properly he would get any decent team 25 goals in this division. He managed 20 plus with a Fukwit iof a manager last season. Just imagine the damage he would do in a good side with a manager who believed in him 

Oh my

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Imagine what any player would do with a good manager and team. Its a mute point, the big players can replicate that form across many teams. Hence why we'll struggle to get a top Premier league team to buy him. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

giphy.gif

Does anyone watch Vydra week in, week out and think ‘wow, what a player!’? I don’t.

Controversial, but for Vydra see Patrick Bamford. I’d argue that Bamford is probably a better player too. 

He played as a number 10 that didn’t really create or put himself about too much. It’s not to say he’s not a good player, but I feel he’s just about justified his fee for us now. We need to cash in and focus on the balance of the team. 

We need another body in the middle of the park and start controlling the possession & play again, for me anyway. 

Archived