Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

11 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

I agree, and it's definitely not a face saving exercise from him and his agent after being outted as a pair of greedy bar stewards. Every player would choose the big club Derby County over Leeds United every day of the week. Definitely ? 

You're just lucky we're letting you have Bamford..... ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

I agree, and it's definitely not a face saving exercise from him and his agent after being outted as a pair of greedy bar stewards. Every player would choose the big club Derby County over Leeds United every day of the week. Definitely ? 

I knew if you posted on here often enough that sooner or later there'd be a sensible post on which we could all agree. Well done!

6 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

It reminds me of the Harry Redknapp and Benjani story where The club want him to go but he wants to stay. They had to drive him to the airport

Was he the guy who hot-footed it back to the station when told he was going to be on the bench?? He preferred to go shopping in London !!  'Arry bought a lot of players off videos in those days...…. early West Ham??    Mainly troublesome rubbish

42 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

There you go, knew you’d get it in the end @vidukasbox

F5DBD438-7E4B-4C1B-A28A-F892747BEDC5.gif

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Does this has prove once and for all that Ince is a great player at Championship level ....but too greedy without the clinical finishing to back it up to ever be an established Premier League player?

Can't help thinking Vydra is similar. Fans expecting all manner of Premier League teams to come in for him when he isn't quite of that quality. Never going to get the run of games and chances to hit one of his rich veins of form.

I think it's more to do with the style of football being played. Ince doesn't have proper genuine pace or strength to pull away from defenders, so he's quite easy to crowd out, if you've got the spare men to do it.  So if he's in a team that's playing quite defensively, he's a bit ineffective as you can just double up on him (see him under Pearson and Clement here).  But in a team that's throwing players forward (McClaren and Wassall here), where there are other threats for the defence to deal with, he's much more effective.  The problem he has when he goes to the prem, is that he normally ends up at pretty low-level team (Hull, Palace, Huddersfield), who almost by definition are not throwing players forwards.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So the obvious is being said - why would he join a team who finished lower in the league than the one he is at having been top scorer when they are only offering him at best the same money that he on here - why move? 

How do you know they were only offering the same money as he is on at the moment? Everything I’ve read says that he was being offered a lot more to go to Leeds. If he wasn’t prepared to move there on account of Leeds finishing lower than us in the table, why string Leeds, Derby County and our supporters along for 2-3 weeks? It seems that his reluctance could have been overcome by a big enough shed load of cash from Leeds. Not exactly a principled stand, was it? I can’t help but feel that Vydra has allowed himself to be led by one of the more parasitic and greedy agents and it has blown up in their faces. Hopefully this affair has not put a big spanner in the works for Lampard’s transfer plans. Of course, Vydra is perfectly entitled to stay where he is but he has handled things badly and I suspect his days with us are numbered , if they were not already.

I genuinely think Vyds wants to stay, who wouldn’t at the moment? However Derby are willing to sell at the right price for the club so I’m sure Vydra took the same stance, say he’s on £30-35k here and he’s set his price at £50k. Suppose his rationale is, I like it at derby but £15k a week extra on a long term contract would be too good to turn down. If they don’t match that he can stay where he’s happy...

Nothing wrong with a footballer taking that stance, we have a price on him so why can’t he have one? 

If he had come out and said he’s a derby fan loves the club and won’t rest until he gets the team into the premier league again and left at the first sniff of a pay rise then I’d have a problem. 

22 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think it's more to do with the style of football being played. Ince doesn't have proper genuine pace or strength to pull away from defenders, so he's quite easy to crowd out, if you've got the spare men to do it.  So if he's in a team that's playing quite defensively, he's a bit ineffective as you can just double up on him (see him under Pearson and Clement here).  But in a team that's throwing players forward (McClaren and Wassall here), where there are other threats for the defence to deal with, he's much more effective.  The problem he has when he goes to the prem, is that he normally ends up at pretty low-level team (Hull, Palace, Huddersfield), who almost by definition are not throwing players forwards.

Be interesting in that case, to see how Ince goes at Snake City?  For me he'll come good around November, which will pretty much coincide with trainer boy getting the sack...

5 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Personally I would rather keep Vydra than get Waghorn if we can afford it.

Am I alone there ?

Absolutely. For those saying he cant play in any other position than a No 10, We haven't really seen him in anything other than that. Yes, Mac put him there every now and again, but he barely played when Mac was here. Also from what I remember of Vyds in the wider position, he scored against the red dogs. If he had a run of games, told that he needs to hassle and chase, who knows what he could do. I'd rather have him there than on the bench.

Just now, jimbobram said:

Absolutely. For those saying he cant play in any other position than a No 10, We haven't really seen him in anything other than that. Yes, Mac put him there every now and again, but he barely played when Mac was here. Also from what I remember of Vyds in the wider position, he scored against the red dogs. If he had a run of games, told that he needs to hassle and chase, who knows what he could do. I'd rather have him there than on the bench.

Under Pearson he was played lone striker. He was poor. Under Mac he went on the wing, he was poor. At Reading he was used as lone striker quite often, he was poor. The best spells of his career were at Watford, playing alongside Troy Deeney, and at Derby playing alongside another striker. It's pretty much statistically proven Vydra struggles to play upfront by himself.

Just now, Andicis said:

Under Pearson he was played lone striker. He was poor. Under Mac he went on the wing, he was poor. At Reading he was used as lone striker quite often, he was poor. The best spells of his career were at Watford, playing alongside Troy Deeney, and at Derby playing alongside another striker. It's pretty much statistically proven Vydra struggles to play upfront by himself.

What if we aren't playing with 'Wingers' or 'wide men'. The way weve been playing so far and the personnel we have, it's looked as if we've been very narrow. Both Lawrence and Wilson like to come inside and play. Same goes for Vyds.  

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Be interesting in that case, to see how Ince goes at Snake City?  For me he'll come good around November, which will pretty much coincide with trainer boy getting the sack...

Assuming similar playing time etc, I think he'll have exactly the same type of season that Lawrence just had for us.  Physically, they're very similar players.  Ince is maybe a slightly better finisher, so that might just edge him ahead. But he certainly won't be scoring 11 in 17 like he did for McClaren.

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

What if we aren't playing with 'Wingers' or 'wide men'. The way weve been playing so far and the personnel we have, it's looked as if we've been very narrow. Both Lawrence and Wilson like to come inside and play. Same goes for Vyds.  

Vydra absolutely will not run up and down the channels all day, and isn't switched on enough to do the defensive work a wideman is expected to do. Lawrence and Wilson do like to come inside yes, but they also stay out wide. We also have Josefzoon. Why try shoehorn Vydra into a role that doesn't suit him, when we have 3 players who it does suit?

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Thanks you saved me the time, didn't fans on here see Vydra tried as the lone striker quite a few times and he was pants....

Archived