Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this has prove once and for all that Ince is a great player at Championship level ....but too greedy without the clinical finishing to back it up to ever be an established Premier League player?

Can't help thinking Vydra is similar. Fans expecting all manner of Premier League teams to come in for him when he isn't quite of that quality. Never going to get the run of games and chances to hit one of his rich veins of form.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Now this is an interesting dilemma to be sure. I’m in a few minds over this. On the one hand, Vydra is a fantastic player who you’d keep hold of, if finances were no issue, but regardless of ffp they are at any football club. On the other hand, if rumours are to believed and we have very little budget without sales, then perhaps the only way to balance the books is to sell him, in which case this news puts us in trouble. But then have we really spent that much? Then we have to consider whether we’d rather have Vydra or Waghorn? Vydras better technically imo but does Waghorn suit the system better? Or can Vydra play that lone striker role in this system? I think he might be able to but it’s a risk.

In summary, I’ve literally no idea what to think and have just wasted everyone’s time. You’re welcome

On the other hand it could be a real time saver; someone could just read this post as a precis of the last 214 pages. 

There's a still a couple of weeks of panic buys yet. Cardiff, Fulham, Burnley, Southampton all in the market for strikers. I could see him doing a job at Burnley and Fulham. As. It gets closer to the end of the window they will look at deals that can be done quickly. Also Wba, Stoke, Boro (maybe), Swansea all yet to finish their business. 

There are plenty of clubs who will want him. Just needs to be right for him I suspect or he'll stay where he is. 

wba are selling rondon to newcastle so wouldnt be surprised to see them come for vydra if that happens, the thing is the longer all these teams are looking for strikers and not signing any the more chance of a bidding war will come for vydra! 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Does this has prove once and for all that Ince is a great player at Championship level ....but too greedy without the clinical finishing to back it up to ever be an established Premier League player?

Can't help thinking Vydra is similar. Fans expecting all manner of Premier League teams to come in for him when he isn't quite of that quality. Never going to get the run of games and chances to hit one of his rich veins of form.

Not sure about the greedy,  he is a big fish in a small pond in the championship and a very small fish in a very large pond in the premier.

looks like top of the championship is his level 

9 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

wba are selling rondon to newcastle so wouldnt be surprised to see them come for vydra if that happens, the thing is the longer all these teams are looking for strikers and not signing any the more chance of a bidding war will come for vydra! 

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

West Brom apparently agreed to sign Gayle. Maybe rules them out of Vydra?

Rondon and Gayle are being swapped. 

So no funds have been spent for these, I'd imagine they could still afford Vydra but I'm not sure where he'd fit in their team 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Rondon and Gayle are being swapped. 

So no funds have been spent for these, I'd imagine they could still afford Vydra but I'm not sure where he'd fit in their team 

Seen a rumour of that started by a fake twitter journo. Can't see it myself. Wear Brom need money in so could see them taking 18m rather than 4m and Gayle. 

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Seen a rumour of that started by a fake twitter journo. Can't see it myself. Wear Brom need money in so could see them taking 18m rather than 4m and Gayle. 

It's been reported on SKY, don't think it would be a straight swap, Gayle plus cash for Rondon…...

Archived