Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

9 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

The thing is, i can genuinely see Vydra being bottom of that list for Lampard, for the meantime anyway. If he hasn't trained with the 1st team properly this pre season, it's going to take time for him to get up to speed. Just look at Marriott, he's trained all pre season and played in friendlies and he wasn't even close enough to fitness for the bench. You could be 8 to 10 games into the season until vyds is deemed fit enough to play, especially if he's injured now, which has been the message from the club throughout pre season. Then you have players in form and players who have gotten used to the system and, in some ways, have had the system built to suit their strengths, so will Vyds immediately get back into the side? I doubt it. You've then gone from an £11m asset to someone who isn't in the side, and thats concerning. I appreciate vyds and what he's done for us, but I still see this summer as the best time to sell (however if he scores a hat full and fires us to the PL, I wouldn't be against that either!)

Oh yeah, it's 100% the best time to sell considering his huge wage demands with Leeds would likely be similar should we want to give him a new contract. If he isn't going though we need to get him off the bench for a handful of games to integrate him into the system and start him in the League Cup matches. I doubt it would take 8-10 games as he's already been involved in some training with us so the injury isn't major and 8-10 games would be around the mid to late September point. Surely he's can be sorted before then

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think you my of missed my point about now and not the past 

Don't think so but happy to agree to disagree......I stick by my view that I don't want to see Vydra as the lone central striker in a 433....even under Frank....

if you get 11 mil on the table I would take it - can't design a team around him

he's clearly not a FL first choice and he is a mile behind the rest on getting match fit - then he has to try and break into team - could take ages

if he aint in the plans - get the top dollar  - and move on......as DCFC and we all have moved on.....

Vydra is best behind a striker but to suggest he cannot play that role for us is niaive. Whether he will is another matter.

How many chances has vydra had at derby as a sole striker? Add to that any games where rowett tried it he was totally isolated and had no support. Lampard would not let that happen. You look at the balls put in for nugent, Vydra would thrive on them. 

People tend to forget that Vydra saved us in many a game last year. In one of the last 5 or so games there was one starting 11 where he had scored more than the rest f the team

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think you my of missed my point about now and not the past 

I agree mate. Already had my say on the Vydra thing in general and unfortunately I think he will be pushed out the door.  Last point I can really make is we have last seasons top scorer, who doesn't seem to want to leave and we could have him in the same squad as the League one top scorer from last year.  We are unlikely to play the same system all season as you get injuries or teams that dump 10 men behind the ball and you have to adapt during matches.   Starting or coming off the bench he's a great asset. Now he has younger legs to help him out and create space he will get plenty of goals- he is least effective when he has to collect the ball and hold it up himself so play to his strengths. As we have only spent what we've brought in whilst cutting the wage bill by a far few million with those that have gone/ maybe surplus and can be moved on or loaned out, why sell ..

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I doubt it would take 8-10 games as he's already been involved in some training with us so the injury isn't major and 8-10 games would be around the mid to late September point. Surely he's can be sorted before then

He may well be ready before that, but with the physical demands of the new management team, the lack of game time throughout pre season and obviously having an injury, and the subsequent setbacks he may have through upping the intensity of his training, I wouldn't be surprised to not see him in contention for a starting place until then, he may be on the bench, though.

Everyone knows money talks in football. If tomorrow Vyds agent comes back and says Leeds have ageed to his pay demands and were happy to let him go he'll off like shot.

Once he's got what wants he'll be kissing their badge.and telling everyone they were always the club for him.

That's football. As they say its all in the game.

Leeds fans are annoying. They seem to think that we are stuffed now with our failure to sell Vydra to them and we will face a transfer embargo. Also, the reason we didn’t sell Vydra to them is because we are scared of them because we consider them promotion contenders. 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Leeds fans are annoying. They seem to think that we are stuffed now with our failure to sell Vydra to them and we will face a transfer embargo. Also, the reason we didn’t sell Vydra to them is because we are scared of them because we consider them promotion contenders. 

I've seen plenty of 'I hope Derby are stuffed now.' Like, come on lads ..... we let Vydra travel up to Leeds for talks, let it go on for well over a month and made no statements rushing for a decision despite it creating question marks around our desire to bring Waghorn in. But because Vydra and you couldn't agree terms you hope we have problems because of it? Cheers, how very nice of you 

Just now, i-Ram said:

How odd Vyds having his picture taken alongside Bamford, and what the feck is he doing with his hair now? 

He's lived in Middlesbrough for a year or 2 .... to be honest, I'm surprised he's got any hair left at all. And he still has all his teeth! He's done well

37 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

4th choice striker and 6th choice winger but yeah let’s keep him!! Let’s watch his value plummet.

who is 4th choice striker? Vydra? How do you know this? Have you talked to Frank? Or is he YOUR 4th choice?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but wonder if this is going to be an absolute disaster for us. I was under the impression that we needed to shift Vydra this summer for decent money in order to not get hit by a potential FFP problem. 

See, I would think this, but with us very likely signing Evans for £1m after the news of Vydra deal off, it gives me the impression that eiter 1. We don't need to sell for FFP, just if we wanted to spend larger transfer fees for players (Waghorn)  2. We are still very confident in selling Vydra to someone or 3. We will be selling someone else (eg Lawrence) to get the money required

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but wonder if this is going to be an absolute disaster for us. I was under the impression that we needed to shift Vydra this summer for decent money in order to not get hit by a potential FFP problem. 

MM said no significant investment. He said he takes FFP very seriously. The only people saying we HAVE to sell is people outside the club. Lets say worst comes to worst and we get hit by FFP. Is our fine going to be that bad ? Maybe we get a transfer embargo...we arent struggling for players right now. 

Archived