Tattoist recommendations?

Parsnip

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I would say be 100% sure of what you want, why you want it and where you want it before you go ahead - a small personal tattoo that you can keep hidden is one thing, but one of those arm sleeve things you can only get away with if you're a footballer and never have to attend a job interview again!

What a ridiculous comment , that having a sleeve tattoo will in somewhat decrease your chances of getting a job. It's not 1953 .

32 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What a ridiculous comment , that having a sleeve tattoo will in somewhat decrease your chances of getting a job. It's not 1953 .

What a ridiculous idea thinking they won't.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1824941/tattoos-workplace-discrimination-law-uk/

https://www.thehrdirector.com/features/appearance/employer-bias-tattoos/

Never mind the fact that some customer service industries, Cabin Crew as a prime example, simply won't hire you if you have visible tattoos.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What a ridiculous idea thinking they won't.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1824941/tattoos-workplace-discrimination-law-uk/

https://www.thehrdirector.com/features/appearance/employer-bias-tattoos/

Never mind the fact that some customer service industries, Cabin Crew as a prime example, simply won't hire you if you have visible tattoos.

That rules about 0.01 % of the population out then.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

That rules about 0.01 % of the population out then.

Did you even read the 2nd link?

'New research released today by LinkedIn, reveals bias against image could be causing UK businesses to miss out on top talent, and shows a mismatch between how recruitment professionals and job seekers view its impact. The research reveals that three quarters (75 percent) of recruitment professionals think a candidate’s image plays a significant role in the hiring process, and a massive 88 percent said that having a tattoo could potentially limit someone’s career progression. And, a shocking four out of ten (41 percent) admitted to rejecting a suitable candidate because they had a visible tattoo.'

To get back to the original argument you had with me; I strongly suggest that depending upon what your tattoo is, where you have it and what job you apply for will greatly affect your chances of employment.  It may not be 1953 anymore but there still is significant negative bias.

I am not against tattoo's per se I have thought about one myself many times and if you want one go for it.However there are some jobs /professions where it will make it difficult to get in .The police at one time had a no visible tattoo  policy I believe you have to accept it my limit your career choices .

53 minutes ago, maxjam said:

'New research released today by LinkedIn, reveals bias against image could be causing UK businesses to miss out on top talent, and shows a mismatch between how recruitment professionals and job seekers view its impact. The research reveals that three quarters (75 percent) of recruitment professionals think a candidate’s image plays a significant role in the hiring process, and a massive 88 percent said that having a tattoo could potentially limit someone’s career progression. And, a shocking four out of ten (41 percent) admitted to rejecting a suitable candidate because they had a visible tattoo.'

To get back to the original argument you had with me; I strongly suggest that depending upon what your tattoo is, where you have it and what job you apply for will greatly affect your chances of employment.  It may not be 1953 anymore but there still is significant negative bias.

No i couldn't be bothered .

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

A sleeve isn’t visible. Just wear a long sleeve shirt to your interview. 

A tattoo across your forehead saying ‘I hate left handed people’, I can accept that that might hurt your chances. 

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I'm not sure where I want it yet...

Get ‘may contain nuts’ tattooed on your ball sack. 

I was very tempted back in the day, but then I got married and became boring. 

I did get ‘made in england’ tattooed on the sole of my foot though. 

I got all mine done (and there are a few in all sorts of places) during my early 20s. 10 years later I sometimes forget I have them. I thought they were cool at the time and would show them off to people. Now if people mention them I’m like ‘oh, yeah, that one.’

They just kind of mark a time in my life when I was young, free and single. I don’t regret them in the slightest, bit they’re certainly from a different era in my life, and I wouldn’t really care now if they all suddenly disappeared, nor do I care that I have them forever. 

I’m really tempted to have one last tattoo to represent me and my kids though. Just can’t decide what to have. 

I got one to see if I was a real man and could hack the pain, there was no pain, so I got another because I could. Not much point in me recommending the one I went to in Brigg.

Wouldn’t mind a half sleeve, but the traditional skulls, roses and pocket watches have the originality of a Nigel Clough shopping list.

Not that mine are anything creative now, but they are personal and mean something. Not sure I could fill half an arm with tattoos that are personal to myself. Will probably just go for a full length suited and booted Frank Lampard if he gets us in the Champions League whilst I’m stupid enough.

3 hours ago, David said:

I got one to see if I was a real man and could hack the pain, there was no pain, so I got another because I could. Not much point in me recommending the one I went to in Brigg.

Wouldn’t mind a half sleeve, but the traditional skulls, roses and pocket watches have the originality of a Nigel Clough shopping list.

Not that mine are anything creative now, but they are personal and mean something. Not sure I could fill half an arm with tattoos that are personal to myself. Will probably just go for a full length suited and booted Frank Lampard if he gets us in the Champions League whilst I’m stupid enough.

Yeah I also wonder about the pain, or lack of. I give blood quarterly and have witnessed 2 childbirths so I'd be suprised if it's anything more than a little scratch to my hardened exterior.

Mine has been chosen by my 7 year old and the original could easily be converted to a full sleeve version if i get the appetite.

It's quite tempting to have a rams head somewhere - one of the best things about Derby is our brilliant Ram head  (even though I never noticed that damn eye!). I wonder how that would look on the ankle bone?

Archived