Tattoist recommendations?

Parsnip

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I also wonder about the pain, or lack of. I give blood quarterly and have witnessed 2 childbirths so I'd be suprised if it's anything more than a little scratch to my hardened exterior.

Mine has been chosen by my 7 year old and the original could easily be converted to a full sleeve version if i get the appetite.

It's quite tempting to have a rams head somewhere - one of the best things about Derby is our brilliant Ram head  (even though I never noticed that damn eye!). I wonder how that would look on the ankle bone?

It's more uncomfortable than painful , certain bits are worse than others. I have a full sleeve on my left arm and I have a Rams head incorporated into onto my wrist. Along with everything else important to me. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

It's more uncomfortable than painful , certain bits are worse than others. I have a full sleeve on my left arm and I have a Rams head incorporated into onto my wrist. Along with everything else important to me. 

Didn't there used to be a really famous tattoist in Riddings who used to tattoo celebs like Take That? Dave's Tattoos? Is he gone?

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't there used to be a really famous tattoist in Riddings who used to tattoo celebs like Take That? Dave's Tattoos? Is he gone?

He's long gone pal ! Been dead a good few years now. I'm not sure how true the rumours were of him tattooing celebs. A friend of mine had some work done and let's just say it wasn't the greatest.

Ain't the fella who did Johnny Russell's the same bloke who did Ed Sheerans? 

He's Derby isn't he? 

Some places hurt a bit. I always find that when the needle is on the skin working that it sort of numbs. It's when it comes off and you have a coffee on a longer session that it's like a needle on sunburn for a bit. 

What is said to be the most painful place on your arm didn't bother me at all. The wrist however, where my missus has one and never bothered her, the wrist frickin hurt. 

Get plenty of Lucozade and some weetabix to stop the sweats and you'll be alright.

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo and made some heavy research on the subject. If I ever get one I'll probably will travel to where ever Valentina Ryabova happens to be. Her work look like how it should be when you get something permanent on your skin.

3 hours ago, Cisse said:

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo and made some heavy research on the subject. If I ever get one I'll probably will travel to where ever Valentina Ryabova happens to be. Her work look like how it should be when you get something permanent on your skin.

3 hours ago, Cisse said:

wow, some of those are mind-blowingly good. She happens to be hot as **** too!

On 30/05/2018 at 23:10, 1of4 said:

When I was considering getting a tat, I was recommended a place on Canal Street in Derby. Decided in the end not to get one so can't say if they are any good.

Wasn't that the one ed sheeran got his? Around the corner from the alexandra?

Archived