Tattoist recommendations?

Parsnip

I was umming & ahhing about getting my first tattoo for my upcoming 40th birthday, then after running it by Mrs Parsnip (pathetic, mid life crisis, sad, cliché etc.), I'm now definitely doing it.

I know what I want - now i need to find a sober artist with a steady hand who won't infect me with hepatitis.

As this is a football forum I imagine most of you are lager drinking skinheads with loads of tattoos... so can anyone recommend me a good tattoist?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternatively, if you've made your mind up... go for it!

I didn't have my tattoos until my late 30s, I got my wife and 2 kids names done on my right shoulder in Hindi.  I'm so fair skinned that I never go shirtless in summer so no one ever sees them apart from the wife and I which is great as I'm from a family that consistently told me they would disown me if I ever had one ?

Can't recommend a tattooist I'm afraid but if you're 100% sure of what you want and where you want it, good luck!

13 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

He's right - just think how daft you'll look when you're as old as Eddie - and even worse if you have a tattoo....

I don't need a tattoo to let people know that I'm an idiot.

Oh, wait....

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I'm not sure where I want it yet...

Well I would say be 100% sure of what you want, why you want it and where you want it before you go ahead - a small personal tattoo that you can keep hidden is one thing, but one of those arm sleeve things you can only get away with if you're a footballer and never have to attend a job interview again!

Just to disagree with Maxjam, I’d say be bold and go for something a decent size, especially if you’re only getting one. 

Although mine’s poo and has been fading for over thirty years, my only regret was not getting something more substantial. I’ve been intending for years to get something better done over the top, but it’s all a bit trendy now. I preferred them when it was just bikers and sailors with smudged blue skulls and swallows. 

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

but one of those arm sleeve things you can only get away with if you're a footballer and never have to attend a job interview again!

I've gone 39 years so far without ever having attended a job interview - maybe i'll get some tears on my face?

15 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Mine was done by a biker in Rotherham, but he’s probably dead now. 

My best mate got his done by a taxi driver in Thailand while we were backpacking. It's truly shocking.

17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I've gone 39 years so far without ever having attended a job interview - maybe i'll get some tears on my face?

Might as well get some horns and have your eyeballs done while you’re at it. 

24988635-FDF7-4F7B-AAEA-EE063C93ABED.jpeg

Archived