Jacob Butterfield - my insane prediction

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I won’t knock him for saying what most fans were thinking about Rowetts style of football. 

Being a tiny midfielder, good with both feet, excellent passing ability and asked to pretty much chase knock downs from long balls. That’d wind me up no end. 

I don't remember him being good under McClaren either though. That's what worries me. He had a good spell under Clement, and ever since then he has been turd with every single manager he played under. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I have literally got a scowl on my face 24/7 and am so monotonal any thanks/appreciation sounds like sarcasm. 

Im genuinely such a happy guy. I feel butterfields pain. We’re not all born able to smile hahah

I can help you. Seriously. You’re just in denial. ?

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't remember him being good under McClaren either though. That's what worries me. He had a good spell under Clement, and ever since then he has been turd with every single manager he played under. 

A lot of criticism stems from him being brought in to replace Hughes. Such a huge ask of any midfielder in this division. I still think he did enough to be given another chance under the new manager. If this one thinks he’s a dud too then fair enough. Likewise with any returning loanees. Will trust the new gaffer. 

My prediction is he will be sold. Poor for years now and on big wages in the last year of his contract. There’s a player in there somewhere I agree, certainly showed promise under clement. However the mixture of his poor attitude he showed when he left toward the club, and the fact I’m struggling to see exactly what role he fills, means he must go imo.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

My prediction is he will be sold. Poor for years now and on big wages in the last year of his contract. There’s a player in there somewhere I agree, certainly showed promise under clement. However the mixture of his poor attitude he showed when he left toward the club, and the fact I’m struggling to see exactly what role he fills, means he must go imo.

How do we sell?! 

Absolutely one of THE worst players I've seen at Hillsborough in the last 30 years. How Buttercunt ever made it as a pro is beyond me. Wednesday fans hate him. He can't pass, can't tackle and has zero positional awareness. I totally take my hat off to you lot getting us to take him but there's no way in a million years we'll have anything else to do with him. He is absolute dogshit. There is absolutely no player in there and you'd be better playing with 10 men, rather than having that liability in the side.

Just now, steelman said:

Absolutely one of THE worst players I've seen at Hillsborough in the last 30 years. How Buttercunt ever made it as a pro is beyond me. Wednesday fans hate him. He can't pass, can't tackle and has zero positional awareness. I totally take my hat off to you lot getting us to take him but there's no way in a million years we'll have anything else to do with him. He is absolute dogshit.

He couldn’t wait to get away from us to play for you, please keep him

4 minutes ago, steelman said:

Absolutely one of THE worst players I've seen at Hillsborough in the last 30 years. How Buttercunt ever made it as a pro is beyond me. Wednesday fans hate him. He can't pass, can't tackle and has zero positional awareness. I totally take my hat off to you lot getting us to take him but there's no way in a million years we'll have anything else to do with him. He is absolute dogshit. There is absolutely no player in there and you'd be better playing with 10 men, rather than having that liability in the side.

I sense you're a bit "on the fence"...? Just what is it you're trying to say?

21 minutes ago, steelman said:

No place for the poor mans Wolverine here .  Next stop Rotherham

2 hours ago, steelman said:

You forget that we saw him play about 70 times for us. Before you had him. But thanks anyway. 

On topic though, I still rate Butterfield and would love nothing more than him proving people wrong this coming season. I’m just nice like that though. 

7 hours ago, steelman said:

Worse than Jordon Rhodes?

PistoldPete2
On 26 May 2018 at 13:45, NorwichLad said:

According to Wikipedia you spent £5m on Jacob Butterfield ?

Please tell me that isn't true? 

Was a Norwich reserve player 2 years before that, where he did absolutely nothing in his few cup appearances.... and nothing out on loan... and then went to Middlesbrough where I thought he struggled to keep his place in the side.

Were quite excited to sign him at first but looked pants in his few appearances. Apparently ambidextrous.... looked more like he had two left feet. That's probably being a little bit too harsh, but looked very 'one paced' for a supposed attacking midfielder.... if you haven't got a turn of pace you are probably better suited as a deeper playmaker, but not if you are a complete lightweight. 

Never worked the kid out, was well down the pecking order with us. 

Did he have an amazing season with Huddersfield something before you signed him?

I agree with this, and I think the figure was indeed close to £5m ... In fact £4.75 million but stil way over what he is worth. 

Hes es not a bad player , but for us he is not likely to be a first team regular for the reasons you give.. Too slow and too lightweight. We have huddlestone who is very slow but obviously not a lightweight, so far better in the holding midfield role. Butterfield lakes the pace to be an effective player to complement huddlestone. 

Not worthy of vitriol by Rams fans just ridiculously overpriced. 

He’s not a bad player. There is talent. But plays with his head down, takes too many touches, and physically can’t cope playing in centre midfield. This combined with being slow.

Only place he could be effective is as 10 - and therefore someone we don’t need.

On 26/05/2018 at 13:35, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Right since day 1 I have stuck up for Butterfield, I am convinced he has been the victim of derby county managers playing him too deep and stopping him playing to his strengths, which are in the opposition half playing killer balls or shooting.

If we get Lampard in my prediction is we play more attacking football, our midfield will play in the middle of the pitch if not further up and we will finally see why we spunked millions on Butterfield.

Book Mark, so that when we will sell him for 250k to Rotherham you can all laugh at me.

If Frank can figure how to have him stood on the edge of the box facing the side lines when we’re attacking we may see these killer balls you’re talking about ?

Brian Clough said that John Robertson was a colossal waste of space heading for the scrapheap when BC arrived at duckst. Under Cloughie's gentle, sensitive and sympathetic style of management he developed into a halfway decent world class player.

Maybe another former international striker can do likewise with JButts.

Maybe Lampard, who played in a similar position, will be able to get something out of him. As I've previously said, all our signings have been good players in the past and we need a good manager to get the best out of them again. 

Archived