Play-off final

1of4

Fulham v Villa at Wembley.

Who is going to win? I don't care.

Hopefully the beaten team is affected by the loss and as a poor next season. Making it one less team competing against us for promotion.

Who'll have the bigger melt down if they fail to get promoted?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Hopefully the beaten team is affected by the loss and as a poor next season. Making it one less team competing against us for promotion.

Villa will and I want them to lose.

Think the losing club could be in big trouble, but in different ways.

Fulham could lose a few of their stars, but will come out of it with a very healthy war chest to spend as a result. Sessegnon and Cairney will not go cheaply, weren't Fulham offered £20m for Cairney last summer?

Villa have their final and therefore smallest parachute payment (still £15m!) this season, and will probably have to trim the squad as a result.

11 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Whose to say we will still be going for promotion. The contenders tend to stem from momemtum, quality consistancy and ability to close out the tight games. Reading reached the final last year, where did they finish this year? Wednesday made the play offs 2 years running, then what happened to them this season?

Youre a brave man if you presume we will definately be contenders next year,

I think we will, but its not guaranteed.

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Whose to say we will still be going for promotion. The contenders tend to stem from momemtum, quality consistancy and ability to close out the tight games. Reading reached the final last year, where did they finish this year? Wednesday made the play offs 2 years running, then what happened to them this season?

Youre a brave man if you presume we will definately be contenders next year,

I think we will, but its not guaranteed.

Because we have the same manager, same starting line up core (apart from Vydra and a few attacking players), so we have a solid nucleus to work on. No need for intense hard changes, which take time to settle in

18 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I just want football to be the winner COYF

Hope Fulham go on to win it. Villa will be added to Brum, West Brom, Stoke, Forest and the two Sheffield teams for ‘local’ matches. 

If Vills don’t do it, they will need to trim their squad no doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm a Fulham fan for this one. But I got a feeling Villa will win.

Fulham, if they lost, would lose Cairney, Sessegnon, Mitrovic and Fredericks for certain. Huge voids to fill.

You wouldn’t be if you were there Monday mate.

Edit: I wasn’t expecting both words to be picked up by the swear filter ?

18 minutes ago, cannable said:

You wouldn’t be if you were there Monday mate.

Edit: I wasn’t expecting both words to be picked up by the swear filter ?

Bad experience? 

The playoff second leg always tends to attract the worst. Night game, tickets on general sale, excessive alcohol, pitch invasions at full-time.

I remember being at the Derby vs Saints game. In the pouring rain. We had some right n0bbers trying to goad them after. 

18 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Because we have the same manager, same starting line up core (apart from Vydra and a few attacking players), so we have a solid nucleus to work on. No need for intense hard changes, which take time to settle in

I do hear you bro.

And I rate GR

But it is worrying,the run we went on before the formation change to wingbacks, and if you do that early season and your bottom half after a couple of months, then youre playing catch up for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

I do hear you bro.

And I rate GR

But it is worrying,the run we went on before the formation change to wingbacks, and if you do that early season and your bottom half after a couple of months, then youre playing catch up for the rest of the season.

Think that coincided with winalls injury and russell being sold without us replacing them properly. And Jerome was new and hadnt really had a full pre season with us, so he wasnt ready to lead the line at the time

Always wanted Fulham and thought they'd walk it. But I think they've dropped off a touch in recent games and Bruce has been there and done it. Tactically he negated Pulis and I can see him doing the same to Jocanovic. I'm starting to think Villa.

Archived