The rebuild starts:

clarkeram7

48 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Don't come for a few years then. Football is a result s business and if we're top with 5 games to go next year, you and the rest of the Rowett out brigade will be gasping to get to pride park! 

Not me. It's negative kick and chase. I'll never be gasping to sit in traffic, stand in the cold, crawl out of a car park to see a team who leaves itself so much at the mercy of an opponent. I'll always support Derby at every game but no way will I look forward to watching games like most of these.

You say it's a results business. It is. And you can get results playing attacking football with a young hungry team allowed to express themselves. It's not like Rowett has got any special results. This is our 3rd play off campaign since 2014 and in the other 2 we got more points in the season. And made the final in 1. 

It's not like Rowett guarantees results. 

I'm thinking for us to be top with 5 games to go we will have to be much much more inventive going forward. And that is kind of exactly what people are asking for. More skill in the way we attack. More positivity. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

What is abundantly clear to me is that we need someone to pass the football and someone to hold it up in advanced positions- we still own Martin who can do this - Vydra will be sold for the first decent bid - but surly we are not about to buy a completely injured winnall with what little money we will have 

We are completely about to buy a totally crocked Winnall.

Probably with the Vydra money.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not me. It's negative kick and chase. I'll never be gasping to sit in traffic, stand in the cold, crawl out of a car park to see a team who leaves itself so much at the mercy of an opponent. I'll always support Derby at every game but no way will I look forward to watching games like most of these.

You say it's a results business. It is. And you can get results playing attacking football with a young hungry team allowed to express themselves. It's not like Rowett has got any special results. This is our 3rd play off campaign since 2014 and in the other 2 we got more points in the season. And made the final in 1. 

It's not like Rowett guarantees results. 

I'm thinking for us to be top with 5 games to go we will have to be much much more inventive going forward. And that is kind of exactly what people are asking for. More skill in the way we attack. More positivity. 

How has it been all kick and chase this year? We've won 3-0 more than any team in the league this year.Surley that takes a bit of attacking nouce. Cant believe the amount of fans questioning  Rowett. It's  the same section of the fanbase that were getting on the players backs during the 14/15 season where we were 3-0 up against Brighton at half time. It's almost like some fans want us to f##k things up year upon year! Back a manager for once and buy into his idea! Burnley did with Dyche and they're now playing European football, whilst we are still squandering in the champ, debating weather we need an 8th manager in 5 years. 

9 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

How has it been all kick and chase this year? We've won 3-0 more than any team in the league this year.Surley that takes a bit of attacking nouce. Cant believe the amount of fans questioning  Rowett. It's  the same section of the fanbase that were getting on the players backs during the 14/15 season where we were 3-0 up against Brighton at half time. It's almost like some fans want us to f##k things up year upon year! Back a manager for once and buy into his idea! Burnley did with Dyche and they're now playing European football, whilst we are still squandering in the champ, debating weather we need an 8th manager in 5 years. 

I think this Rowett is negative is over-played. Truth is other than one season with McClaren, its all been average football. A better front 3 and we would score more often, to supplement a street-wise team and a solid defence- we will be all good to go

7 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It's not the same section of the fanbase. Not at all. No way

You can use any team to prove an example of anything. For your Burnley there's a Swansea beating Valencia. For a Cardiff there's a Wolves etc etc

And yes, we are still squandering in this division. Even playing this reactive football which relies on an opponent to do something so that we can attack. Like i said, people talk like this way guarantees results. Stick with it and we'll be promoted. 

Out:

Bent, Shackell, Baird free

Bryson and Nugent Nominal to cover paying their contracts up

Martin £3m

Keogh £1.5m 

Vydra £10-12m

Blackman £1m 

I reckon that's around £9.5m saved in wages (with some fairly dodgy estimates) plus maybe £16m coming in. £5m taken straight away to offset some of the loss this season with £11m to spend on 3 players. Loans and under 23s to make up the rest of the short comings. 

Squad:

GK (1) Carson Mitchell Roos

RWB (1) Wisdom Anya Bogle 

CB (3) Davies Foz Pearce Huddlestone Hanson  

LWB (1) Anya Lowe Weimann

CM (2) Thorne Huddlestone Johnson Butterfield Ledley Hanson Guy Elsnik 

AM (2) Lawrence Weimann Butterfield Thomas Elsnik

CF (1) Jerome Winnall 

In: 

Striker - Hugill (west ham) loan ? 

Energetic CM to do Huddlestone's running - ? 

AM to force Lawrence and Weimann to up their game - Palmer (if it was an injury that kept him out of the team as Owen Bradley alluded to. If not then no point). Ohtzumer is leaving Walsall for free this summer also. 

Younger CB to learn from Davies - Liam Lindsay fee required

LWB - ? 

5 in, 9 out. No more than 3 permanent 'ins'. 

Would be happy to listen to offers for any of the CMs to free up extra wages. Would listen to a worthwhile offer for Anya but only if we make back what we spent as he's versatile which is crucial in a smaller squad and seems to have a good attitude. 

19 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I think this Rowett is negative is over-played. Truth is other than one season with McClaren, its all been average football. A better front 3 and we would score more often, to supplement a street-wise team and a solid defence- we will be all good to go

We scored 100 goals in 14/15 and averaged 600 passes a game, we were breathtaking that season as well until the injuries hit.

I haven’t been impressed with the ‘lets give youth a chance’ and ‘not signing players for their last pay cheque’ quotes and then doing the opposite but the one credit you have to give Rowett is he doesn’t sign players to make up the numbers. With the exception of Palmer which very much appears to be a last minute blunder when lookman fell through, all players have come in and played significant games and made an impact.

Compared to the clough years falling out with his own shadow and some spells changing managers (mclaren was quite guilty of this at times) it’s nice to be looking at window and not wondering how to offload players we’ve just bought. Liam Dickinson and Michael Jacobs are excellent examples of players we continually chased to them not play and offload quickly after and the failed foreign imports of Camara and Albertosa

im intrigued what Rowett will do to address the age issue he’s acknowledged (assuming he doesn’t u turn again). We haven’t seen him buy younger players yet and don’t really know what to expect.

We came sixth this year and didn't play to our potential in a lot of games IMO. I don't think we need to rebuild. I think we need to buy a few younger players to complement the experience we have and be more positive in games. We need to have the 'balls' to gamble on occasions by being more attacking.

7 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

We came sixth this year and didn't play to our potential in a lot of games IMO. I don't think we need to rebuild. I think we need to buy a few younger players to complement the experience we have and be more positive in games. We need to have the 'balls' to gamble on occasions by being more attacking. 

Well said that man.

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Out:

Bent, Shackell, Baird free

Bryson and Nugent Nominal to cover paying their contracts up

Martin £3m

Keogh £1.5m 

Vydra £10-12m

Blackman £1m 

I reckon that's around £9.5m saved in wages (with some fairly dodgy estimates) plus maybe £16m coming in. £5m taken straight away to offset some of the loss this season with £11m to spend on 3 players. Loans and under 23s to make up the rest of the short comings. 

Squad:

GK (1) Carson Mitchell Roos

RWB (1) Wisdom Anya Bogle 

CB (3) Davies Foz Pearce Huddlestone Hanson  

LWB (1) Anya Lowe Weimann

CM (2) Thorne Huddlestone Johnson Butterfield Ledley Hanson Guy Elsnik 

AM (2) Lawrence Weimann Butterfield Thomas Elsnik

CF (1) Jerome Winnall 

In: 

Striker - Hugill (west ham) loan ? 

Energetic CM to do Huddlestone's running - ? 

AM to force Lawrence and Weimann to up their game - Palmer (if it was an injury that kept him out of the team as Owen Bradley alluded to. If not then no point). Ohtzumer is leaving Walsall for free this summer also. 

Younger CB to learn from Davies - Liam Lindsay fee required

LWB - ? 

5 in, 9 out. No more than 3 permanent 'ins'. 

Would be happy to listen to offers for any of the CMs to free up extra wages. Would listen to a worthwhile offer for Anya but only if we make back what we spent as he's versatile which is crucial in a smaller squad and seems to have a good attitude. 

If we stick with rowett football and stick with 5-2-3

sell

(essentials) 

Chris martin - £3 million

Vydra - £15 million

Nudgent £250k

Bryson - £1 million

Blackman - £1 million

Butterfield - £250k

olson - £500k

Realease: baird, shackel and bent

This would bring in £21 million to spend and saving around £8,580,000 annual or £165,000 per week on wages

And/or/maybe

Huddlestone - £2 million

johnson - £1.5 million

Ledley - £1 million

keogh - £1.5 million

Davis - £2.5 million 

Anya - £1.5 million

jerome - £500k

Weimann - £1.5 million

George Thorn - £500k

bringing total to £33.5 million ans saving £16,952,000 annual or £326,000 per week on wages

Now for the fun part who to bring in:)

Essential

Strikers :

Alfredo morelos - £5 million and Dominic Calvert-lewin - loan

Wingers:

Harry wilson - £6 million and loan and patrick roberts loan

Cost £11 million and wages around £3,432,000 or £66,000 per week

And/or/maybe

Midfield:

Timothy  fosu-mensah - loan

Ryan Gauld - £500k 

Burnic - Loan

RWB;

George boldcock - £3 million

LWB; Stephen Kingsley - £3 million

CB:

Ben gibson - around 10 million

Cost around £27 million and around £7,592,000 annual or £146,000 per week in wages

sooo my team would look like this

Carson

wisdom/hanson         gibson/pearce       forsyth 

boldcock/wisdom                                                                                            Kingsley/lowe

Gauld/burnic          fosu-mensah/hanson

harry wilson/tom lawrence                                                      patrick roberts/elsnik

alfredo morelos/Dominic Calvert-lewin

Not only would we still have £6.5 million in the bank we would save more than £9 million on wages over the year not too mention this would be a young hungry squad average age about 23 

@superrams23 i presume this is the same Patrick Roberts that has just won the league with Celtic (who want to extend his loan) and that Fester & West Ham are after. 

Not a chance would Man City loan him to us he is far too good for this division 

42 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

@superrams23 i presume this is the same Patrick Roberts that has just won the league with Celtic (who want to extend his loan) and that Fester & West Ham are after. 

Not a chance would Man City loan him to us he is far too good for this division 

why the very same i was unaware that westham wanted him tho

Given that Rowett has already stated his admiration for Klopp's Dortmund and their energetic pressing from midfield and a fluid front 3, how far away from that are we?

As an explanation of 'Heavy Metal Football' take a read of this, I think it's relevant for what Gary is trying to do. 

https://www.quora.com/What-exactly-is-Heavy-Metal-Football-Borussia-Dortmund-plays-Jürgen-Klopps-heavy-metal-style-football

Defence is sound, Wisdom works on the right but there's not enough energy in the middle or class in the front 3, excepting Lawrence i think. Weimann has the energy but not the class.

Would the Peterborough pair fit into this? Would Lowe/Elsnik/Thomas? Does Vydra?

9 hours ago, superrams23 said:

sell

(essentials) 

Vydra - £15 million

Nudgent £250k

Bryson - £1 million

Blackman - £1 million

Butterfield - £250k

olson - £500k

This would bring in £21 million to spend and saving around £8,580,000 annual or £165,000 per week on wages

And/or/maybe

Huddlestone - £2 million

johnson - £1.5 million

Ledley - £1 million

keogh - £1.5 million

Davis - £2.5 million 

Anya - £1.5 million

jerome - £500k

Weimann - £1.5 million

George Thorn - £500k

bringing total to £33.5 million ans saving £16,952,000 annual or £326,000 per week on wages

Essential

Strikers :

Wingers:

And/or/maybe

Midfield:

Ryan Gauld - £500k 

Burnic - Loan

RWB;

CB:

Cost around £27 million and around £7,592,000 annual or £146,000 per week in wages

Carson

boldcock/wisdom                                                                                            Kingsley/lowe

harry wilson/tom lawrence                                                      patrick roberts/elsnik

Not only would we still have £6.5 million in the bank we would save more than £9 million on wages over the year not too mention this would be a young hungry squad average age about 23 

I disagree with the prices you're quoting by quite some distance. 

Wilson wouldn't be 6m

Roberts wouldn't drop down to us. 

Boro wanted 30m for Gibson last season.

I also think both strikers mentioned are not the type of forward needed for this system. They're not bullies. 

11 hours ago, superrams23 said:

sell

(essentials) 

Vydra - £15 million

Nudgent £250k

Bryson - £1 million

Blackman - £1 million

Butterfield - £250k

olson - £500k

And/or/maybe

Huddlestone - £2 million

johnson - £1.5 million

Ledley - £1 million

keogh - £1.5 million

Davis - £2.5 million 

Anya - £1.5 million

jerome - £500k

Weimann - £1.5 million

George Thorn - £500k

Essential

Strikers :

Wingers:

And/or/maybe

Midfield:

Ryan Gauld - £500k 

Burnic - Loan

RWB;

CB:

Carson

Son! Time to come off that ******* playstation! I've told you 3 times tonight

I think we need to seriously look at our scouting system. Some clubs seem to find amazing players at bargain basement prices. We just seem to look around the UK in lower divisions. Please get on a plane and start making contacts abroad.

Archived