The rebuild starts:

clarkeram7

22 minutes ago, joooools said:

I think we need to seriously look at our scouting system. Some clubs seem to find amazing players at bargain basement prices. We just seem to look around the UK in lower divisions. Please get on a plane and start making contacts abroad.

Even the lower league scouting is scarce, when was the last time we bought someone from there?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some absolute dreamers in here.

Problem with Derby is we always sell low and buy players at peak price. It will never work. Think we really to start looking at the u23s now and bringing a few in, start thinking over 2-3 seasons instead of gambling on overpriced mediocrity.

I haven’t been impressed with the ‘lets give youth a chance’ and ‘not signing players for their last pay cheque’ quotes and then doing the opposite but the one credit you have to give Rowett is he doesn’t sign players to make up the numbers. With the exception of Palmer which very much appears to be a last minute blunder when lookman fell through, all players have come in and played significant games and made an impact.

Compared to the clough years falling out with his own shadow and some spells changing managers (mclaren was quite guilty of this at times) it’s nice to be looking at window and not wondering how to offload players we’ve just bought. Liam Dickinson and Michael Jacobs are excellent examples of players we continually chased to them not play and offload quickly after and the failed foreign imports of Camara and Albertosa

im intrigued what Rowett will do to address the age issue he’s acknowledged (assuming he doesn’t u turn again). We haven’t seen him buy younger players yet and don’t really know what to expect.

On 14/05/2018 at 22:49, clarkeram7 said:

The season is over, as far as I'm concerned there was alot of effort but not enough quality. We aren't as good as people think we are. Fulham deserve their place in the final and good luck to them, let's draw a line under it and move on. 

It's a little FM like but let's be realistic and start a wish list:

Release: Roos, Shackell & Bent.

Transfer List: Martin & Blackman. 

Bryson I'd hope would interest Cardiff, he's been a regular in a promoted side. We may not get the inflated fees of two years ago but we could maybe push them as high as 1.5 million. 

I'd be open to offers on the following players:

Johnson - Too slow and we all know that if we are to move forward we need to freshen up the midfield with young legs. We desperately need a ball winner. 

Ledley/Thorne - Two potentially useful players but realistically we only need one to sit behind Huddlestone who is by far the best midfielder we have. 

Forsyth: He's not a favorite of mine simply because he can't defend. With Olsson getting injured I'd possibly keep him but if the opportunity comes available to sell and upgrade I'd take it. I believe Lowe can become a more important player when fit. 

Weimann - For all his running there is no end product. He's just not good enough, but a useful option if we can't move him on. 

Vydra - here comes the big one. I player I love watching but I just have this feeling if Mel isn't willing to invest then he may have to make way. If we can get near 15 - 20million, and can spend it all it's tempting. It kills me because he's a player we should be building round but we need more all over the pitch. 

Players to consider buying:

Marriott & Maddison - if we decide to sell Vydra these would be my first two. Maddison is available for 2 million, transfer listed last week. Marriott you maybe looking at 5/6 million. We need an upgrade on Nugent and Weimann. Watched them both in a game a few weeks ago and they're technically two really good players and a good age. 

A young combative midfielder - it's hard to pinpoint who but we were linked with Glenn Kamara a few weeks ago from the SPL, seems to fit the bit. Young, quick ankle biter is what we are desperately missing. 

A new centre half we are playing 5 at the back 

Players to promote:

Callum Guy: loved at Port Vale and Bradford.

Max Lowe: huge opportunity with Olsson out. 

Timi Elsnik: best player in the reserves? 

Luke Thomas: if west ham are interested he can't be much worse than Weimann? 

What could the side look like:

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh Davies Lowe

Maddison Huddlestone Guy Lawrence 

Winnall/Jerome Marriott

Or 

Carson

Keogh Davies New CD

Wisdom Huddlestone Guy/New CM Lowe

Maddison Lawrence 

Marriott

Thoughts? 

Sorry not read the whole thread and someone else may have commented on this but I am wondering if GRdoes not see Hanson as the young fit mobile ankle biter.

May I say good post though - I normally hate these throw this lot out and replace with z b and c - but you clearly gave it some thought ?

Every club will have this thread. Jeez Man City are out to build on what they have. Every club has aspirations, some to stay in the division they’re in, some to challenge for top six, some for top one/two/three. Only when we see what magic our management team come up with (not being sarcastic) can we start to predict what next season may bring. Every summer I would just ask all our fans to be positive and feel excited about what lies ahead. Life really is too precious to bemoan ifs/buts and maybes, I promise you. 

Pro or anti Rowett, please consider he has not the squad he is aiming for, YET! Let’s see what summer brings. Embrace Rams! Embrace! Hallelujah.  

On 17/05/2018 at 11:53, Premier ram said:

Sam Vokes at Burnley , hardly gets a start there , fits the system and scores goals

True...rumours that Burnley might be willing to sell with Leeds (lol) reportedly interested.

Cannot see that Leeds, or most championship clubs, would be able to meet the asking price which would be eight figures plus. Someone like Cardiff might take a punt (or Stoke).

Archived