The rebuild starts:

clarkeram7

2 hours ago, timmo said:

Even better recruit their academy scout. They've had loads of good players coming through in recent years maddison and Calum Wilson to name just 2. For all the millions spunked into our academy the results have been very poor 

We do have good academy players. They just don't get to play due to the geriatrics we would rather play. Too much playing for the now and not for the future.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

We do have good academy players. They just don't get to play due to the geriatrics we would rather play. Too much playing for the now and not for the future.

I was thinking about this the other day... and questioning do we really?

In the past we had players regularly getting England youth call-ups.  Max Lowe, Will Hughes, Mason Bennet all have oodles of caps.  But unless I am missing something, the current crop aren't getting any international recognition.  Maybe they are just not that good actually.

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’ve love Marriott and Maddison. The peterborough chairman said that the  club who buys them will buy them as a pair and I can see why. Anyone who gets them will be guaranteed at least 30 goals between them in my opinion. They’re getting better and better.

Unfortunately I hear that our red dog friends are in very advanced talks on signing that pair with thier Peterborough friends 

10 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

I think all the Rowett haters will be in for a bumper season 2018-19. They will love it as I think next season will be very difficult for Derby and Rowett. I think there are about 12 members of the current squad who's contracts run out in 2019 and a further 4/5 that run to 2020 - so when we say the rebuild begins - how ??  How do you get rid of most of those ageing players who are on high salaries?? Some out on loans maybe but I don't see much change until the end of next year. If Mel is not investing then Vydra must be sold - he is probably our only saleable asset of note - to create some funds for fresh blood but changing the system/ style of football is going to be very difficult in the short term, hence a field day for the Rowett haters !!

2018-19 a difficult season I think.

By 'Rowett haters' do you mean those who happen to enjoy the kind of exciting attractive flowing football as played by the likes of Fulham and who dislike the turgid, defensive hoofball that's driven thousands of Rams supporters away in a playoff season?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Unfortunately I hear that our red dog friends are in very advanced talks on signing that pair with thier Peterborough friends 

This would just rub salt into the wounds tbh. I can see forest overtaking us in promotion push over the next few years too.

What is abundantly clear to me is that we need someone to pass the football and someone to hold it up in advanced positions- we still own Martin who can do this - Vydra will be sold for the first decent bid - but surly we are not about to buy a completely injured winnall with what little money we will have 

5 hours ago, Jayram said:

By 'Rowett haters' do you mean those who happen to enjoy the kind of exciting attractive flowing football as played by the likes of Fulham and who dislike the turgid, defensive hoofball that's driven thousands of Rams supporters away in a playoff season?

I wouldn’t say 0000s driven away are down to Rowett.....

7 hours ago, jimbobram said:

This would just rub salt into the wounds tbh. I can see forest overtaking us in promotion push over the next few years too.

Tell you what will be interesting jimbob, McClaren’s about to take over at QPR according to SSN, now there’s a man with a point to prove to the DCFC hierarchy, if Rangers finish higher than us there will be gnashing of teeth in some quarters on here.  ?

PistoldPete2

Has Baird gone ? Probably time is up for him. Bryson to Cardiff maybe? If the money's good for him and us well likewise. Vydra too if the money's really big, certainly expect an eight figure sum for him. Then we can really start the rebuild. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Has Baird gone ? Probably time is up for him. Bryson to Cardiff maybe? If the money's good for him and us well likewise. Vydra too if the money's really big, certainly expect an eight figure sum for him. Then we can really start the rebuild. 

Expecting Baird to be released, I think we would've offered a new deal already if not.

I'd be surprised if Bryson went to Cardiff. Maybe another Championship club which is aiming to promotion though.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Tell you what will be interesting jimbob, McClaren’s about to take over at QPR according to SSN, now there’s a man with a point to prove to the DCFC hierarchy, if Rangers finish higher than us there will be gnashing of teeth in some quarters on here.  ?

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

You're joking right?!

was being dramatic dont worry

Rowlett does not play football that I want to watch. Happy to have given it a good go this year but the future is in building an entertaining team whilst developing young players. Rowlett wants to build a Burnley. I would prefer a Fulham. I am happy to take two years sorting out a team that plays like MAC 1 or MAC 2 did. COYR

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rowlett does not play football that I want to watch. Happy to have given it a good go this year but the future is in building an entertaining team whilst developing young players. Rowlett wants to build a Burnley. I would prefer a Fulham. I am happy to take two years sorting out a team that plays like MAC 1 or MAC 2 did. COYR

Don't come for a few years then. Football is a result s business and if we're top with 5 games to go next year, you and the rest of the Rowett out brigade will be gasping to get to pride park! 

Playing with the idea of 4-3-3 and proper football: First option + back up

Carson (new)

New (Wisdom) Keogh (Pearce)  Davies (Forsyth) New (Lowe)

Huddlestone (Ledley, Thorne)

Bryson (Guy)                       Butterfield (Elsnik)

New (Weimann)                                           New (Thomas)

Martin (Jerome)

Not far from being a very good team. Lacking too attacking fullbacks and two good wingers, I was expecting to need more players in. With a very tight budget, give a Roos place as a back-up, put Lawrence and Johnson in and keep Forsyth playing. No new players needed except one RB. Come on Rowett, you can do it!

Archived