The rebuild starts:

clarkeram7

clarkeram7

The season is over, as far as I'm concerned there was alot of effort but not enough quality. We aren't as good as people think we are. Fulham deserve their place in the final and good luck to them, let's draw a line under it and move on. 

It's a little FM like but let's be realistic and start a wish list:

Release: Roos, Shackell & Bent.

Transfer List: Martin & Blackman. 

Bryson I'd hope would interest Cardiff, he's been a regular in a promoted side. We may not get the inflated fees of two years ago but we could maybe push them as high as 1.5 million. 

I'd be open to offers on the following players:

Johnson - Too slow and we all know that if we are to move forward we need to freshen up the midfield with young legs. We desperately need a ball winner. 

Ledley/Thorne - Two potentially useful players but realistically we only need one to sit behind Huddlestone who is by far the best midfielder we have. 

Forsyth: He's not a favorite of mine simply because he can't defend. With Olsson getting injured I'd possibly keep him but if the opportunity comes available to sell and upgrade I'd take it. I believe Lowe can become a more important player when fit. 

Weimann - For all his running there is no end product. He's just not good enough, but a useful option if we can't move him on. 

Vydra - here comes the big one. I player I love watching but I just have this feeling if Mel isn't willing to invest then he may have to make way. If we can get near 15 - 20million, and can spend it all it's tempting. It kills me because he's a player we should be building round but we need more all over the pitch. 

Players to consider buying:

Marriott & Maddison - if we decide to sell Vydra these would be my first two. Maddison is available for 2 million, transfer listed last week. Marriott you maybe looking at 5/6 million. We need an upgrade on Nugent and Weimann. Watched them both in a game a few weeks ago and they're technically two really good players and a good age. 

A young combative midfielder - it's hard to pinpoint who but we were linked with Glenn Kamara a few weeks ago from the SPL, seems to fit the bit. Young, quick ankle biter is what we are desperately missing. 

A new centre half we are playing 5 at the back 

Players to promote:

Callum Guy: loved at Port Vale and Bradford.

Max Lowe: huge opportunity with Olsson out. 

Timi Elsnik: best player in the reserves? 

Luke Thomas: if west ham are interested he can't be much worse than Weimann? 

What could the side look like:

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh Davies Lowe

Maddison Huddlestone Guy Lawrence 

Winnall/Jerome Marriott

Or 

Carson

Keogh Davies New CD

Wisdom Huddlestone Guy/New CM Lowe

Maddison Lawrence 

Marriott

Thoughts? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

The season is over, as far as I'm concerned there was alot of effort but not enough quality. We aren't as good as people think we are. Fulham deserve their place in the final and good luck to them, let's draw a line under it and move on. 

It's a little FM like but let's be realistic and start a wish list:

Release: Roos, Shackell & Bent.

Transfer List: Martin & Blackman. 

Bryson I'd hope would interest Cardiff, he's been a regular in a promoted side. We may not get the inflated fees of two years ago but we could maybe push them as high as 1.5 million. 

I'd be open to offers on the following players:

Johnson - Too slow and we all know that if we are to move forward we need to freshen up the midfield with young legs. We desperately need a ball winner. 

Ledley/Thorne - Two potentially useful players but realistically we only need one to sit behind Huddlestone who is by far the best midfielder we have. 

Forsyth: He's not a favorite of mine simply because he can't defend. With Olsson getting injured I'd possibly keep him but if the opportunity comes available to sell and upgrade I'd take it. I believe Lowe can become a more important player when fit. 

Weimann - For all his running there is no end product. He's just not good enough, but a useful option if we can't move him on. 

Vydra - here comes the big one. I player I love watching but I just have this feeling if Mel isn't willing to invest then he may have to make way. If we can get near 15 - 20million, and can spend it all it's tempting. It kills me because he's a player we should be building round but we need more all over the pitch. 

Players to consider buying:

Marriott & Maddison - if we decide to sell Vydra these would be my first two. Maddison is available for 2 million, transfer listed last week. Marriott you maybe looking at 5/6 million. We need an upgrade on Nugent and Weimann. Watched them both in a game a few weeks ago and they're technically two really good players and a good age. 

A young combative midfielder - it's hard to pinpoint who but we were linked with Glenn Kamara a few weeks ago from the SPL, seems to fit the bit. Young, quick ankle biter is what we are desperately missing. 

A new centre half we are playing 5 at the back 

Players to promote:

Callum Guy: loved at Port Vale and Bradford.

Max Lowe: huge opportunity with Olsson out. 

Timi Elsnik: best player in the reserves? 

Luke Thomas: if west ham are interested he can't be much worse than Weimann? 

What could the side look like:

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh Davies Lowe

Maddison Huddlestone Guy Lawrence 

Winnall/Jerome Marriott

Or 

Carson

Keogh Davies New CD

Wisdom Huddlestone Guy/New CM Lowe

Maddison Lawrence 

Marriott

Thoughts? 

I just can't find the section on the manager?

Ledley, Forsyth and Thorne all given new deals recently, along with Pearce and Hanson - none of those will be going anywhere fast unfortunatley.

If Vydra goes, we should look at Bobby Ried from Bristol City.

Sean Maguire, Abel Hernandez, Grosicki, Mcclean, Dack are others we should look at.

I’ve love Marriott and Maddison. The peterborough chairman said that the  club who buys them will buy them as a pair and I can see why. Anyone who gets them will be guaranteed at least 30 goals between them in my opinion. They’re getting better and better.

clarkeram7
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I just can't find the section on the manager?

I'd keep the manager ?? he's suffering the backlash from the poor recruitment over the last 2/3 years. We've been mugged off with inflated transfer fees on average players. 

Plus with the 2 you could potentially get a higher sell on rate with there ages but no doubt we won't buy then and do a Watkins situation who brentford ended up buying and I'm sure I saw the other day someone wants for 10 million from prem but we just don't take a gamble from lower leagues and would rather spend stupid money on pensioners 

My thoughts are that to bring players in to replace the ones you allude to a club will have to be willing to pay a transfer fee, however nominal,  but also match the current wages of the players. So your whole post is totally redundant.

2 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Maddison will be in the prem next season.... sure I read something the other day about £30m to Man City.... if so, we have no hope.

Think you’re thinking of the wrong one mate. Wishful thinking ??But reckon they’re taking about the posh player 

I really don't watch enough football to say who we should and shouldn't be buying. It's good to see we've got so many avid Posh followers on here though. 

As for who we are going to sell and buy, every single player is for sale at the right price - some at a much lower price than others. 

As for who we are going to buy, it all depends on how we want to set up next season. In this team, anyone without any physical presence is less than useless. If we can raid Chester Zoo, we'd probably be able to find more suitable specimens for the our current setup than we would raiding the Premier League.

7 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Think you’re thinking of the wrong one mate. Wishful thinking ??But reckon they’re taking about the posh player 

Ahh yeah, just been told.... Maddison WHOOOOOOO????

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

People keep picking out Lowe as the next big thing. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't got in Shrewsbury's side since he's gone there.

And he's made of quavers. 

He should be the next big thing. He reads the game well and he’s very composed on the ball, he’s our best left back and it’s of great concern to me Rowett doesn’t see that. Perhaps next season our style will change and we’ll accommodate him. However the way things are going I fear we’ll see him sold for a pittance because he ain’t physical enough. And that’s what concerns me about our future.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He should be the next big thing. He reads the game well and he’s very composed on the ball, he’s our best left back and it’s of great concern to me Rowett doesn’t see that. Perhaps next season our style will change and we’ll accommodate him. However the way things are going I fear we’ll see him sold for a pittance because he ain’t physical enough. And that’s what concerns me about our future.

Honestly though. If he's that good and he's our best left back.

Why can't he get in the Shrewsbury side? 

Archived