The Rams on the BBC

unclej

Anyone catching Football Focus on BBC 1 today couldn't help but have noticed the blatant misery on the faces of the pundits when analysing the first leg score and contemplating the second leg at Fulham.  Danny Murphy 'hoped very much' that Fulham would win and Lawrenson nodded along. What a sorry bunch they were in their support of the 'one game too many' Cottagers. 

Nice one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, unclej said:

Anyone catching Football Focus on BBC 1 today couldn't help but have noticed the blatant misery on the faces of the pundits when analysing the first leg score and contemplating the second leg at Fulham.  Danny Murphy 'hoped very much' that Fulham would win and Lawrenson nodded along. What a sorry bunch they were in their support of the 'one game too many' Cottagers. 

Nice one.

Murphy played for Fulham for 5 years though, and will have an affinity to the club. Lawrenson is just terrible (have a look at his prediction on BBC and what the table would look like if he got every result correct).

10 minutes ago, unclej said:

Nice one.

I thought exactly the same.....it clearly pained them to even mention derby never mind give us any credit.

London centric miseries

Dean Saunders was on Talksport yesterday bigging up Derby saying he wanted us to win and thought we would. It's no different from Murphy wanting Fulham to win. As for Lawrenson, I didn't know he was still about. Mind you, the BBC still think Garth Crooks is worth a wage so no surprise really.

I used to think it was my imagination, but I honestly think we are 'unfashionable'.

Often you will hear some pundits wax lyrical about Clough Senior or Steve Mac, but its almost as if they are trying to show someone that they have a clue or have done the background reading.

Perhaps Mel should make us play in light blue or something.

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, unclej said:

Nice one.

Is football focus still a thing? Haven't watched it since the days of Sam Leich.

5 hours ago, unclej said:

Nice one.

OTOH, Fulham are clearly a better team than we are and deserve to go up more than we do.

Yeh, yeh, yeh it's who wins and every team knows the rules, but Fulham are better than us just like we were better than QPR and Leicester.

For the most part, I think the better team deserves to go up.

I'm making an exception this year however.

24 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I used to think it was my imagination, but I honestly think we are 'unfashionable'.

Often you will hear some pundits wax lyrical about Clough Senior or Steve Mac, but its almost as if they are trying to show someone that they have a clue or have done the background reading.

Perhaps Mel should make us play in light blue or something.

If we play in claret and blue then everything would probably change

The media lovelies want Fulham to win so they can make the short trip across the city to watch some football. Sorry boys football comes from the towns and cities that built this country, the only places where working and middle class stand together for a single goal. These cities are Derby, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Sheffield, we do not give a toss about the capital. Love it if we get promoted, sod Danny Murphy you were just a bog standard footballer pal, nothing to see here move on. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If we play in claret and blue then everything would probably change

I went to Ecclesbourn School, will that do?

Seriously though - we're underdogs - best way to be. 

8 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The media lovelies want Fulham to win so they can make the short trip across the city to watch some football. Sorry boys football comes from the towns and cities that built this country, the only places where working and middle class stand together for a single goal. These cities are Derby, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Sheffield, we do not give a toss about the capital. Love it if we get promoted, sod Danny Murphy you were just a bog standard footballer pal, nothing to see here move on. 

I think London might have had a small part in building this country.. Just sayin.

9 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I think you need to realise the amount of working class people who also live in London. Not everyone is some super rich millionaire living in a swanky penthouse on the river.

That assumption is like me saying that everyone in Texas owns an oil field and 3 ranches.

Archived