NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I’ll be following Dez closely at the Saints, hope he can rediscover some form. With Brees supplying him I can’t see why not. 

Throw up the X baby. 

Throw up the X!

I don't know how the deals work in the NFL though. Is a one year deal from now until this time next season? just the end of this season? Til the end of next season?

Either way he'll have to find some form quick to get another deal, from the Saints or anyone else. Unless he's OK playing in one of the mad-house teams.

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Falcons have picked up Bruce Irvin, huge for them. He's not great but he's consistently good. Their pass rush has been non-existant for the most part in the games I've seen, and will be needed in at least half of the games left in their schedule.

Delighted with that, hoped we were in for him as soon as I saw he was available! Atlanta native too.

Excellent results for the Saints, gives us one more game of breathing space for the division. And for the Falcons, reels them back into the front pack of the Wild Card race if they win this weekend.

Obviously, still very possible that the Falcons win the division but I'll keep talking about them in the context of the wild card race until the Saints have lost at least a couple.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Excellent results for the Saints, gives us one more game of breathing space for the division. And for the Falcons, reels them back into the front pack of the Wild Card race if they win this weekend.

Obviously, still very possible that the Falcons win the division but I'll keep talking about them in the context of the wild card race until the Saints have lost at least a couple.

Wild card my behind, we're taking the division!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Wild card my behind, we're taking the division!

Quite possibly, but that's out of your hands.

Even if you beat the Saints, we still have to lose at least 2 other games.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Quite possibly, but that's out of your hands.

Even if you beat the Saints, we still have to lose at least 2 other games.

Which will happen, Eagles, Steelers and the Bengals this week will shut you down, I've looked into my crystal ball and it isn't pretty. You have a tie with the Panthers as well, now that one was embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Which will happen, Eagles, Steelers and the Bengals this week will shut you down, I've looked into my crystal ball and it isn't pretty. You have a tie with the Panthers as well, now that one was embarrassing.

I've been watching the Saints a while, I know anything can happen ? 

But the only post-season discussion for the Falcons is the wild-card until the Panthers lose another and the Saints lose 3

Just now, SaintRam said:

I've been watching the Saints a while, I know anything can happen ? 

But the only post-season discussion for the Falcons is the wild-card until the Panthers lose another and the Saints lose 3

You say that but I'm already planning what I will be wearing for the Super Bowl, do I go with the old jersey I picked up off eBay, do I buy a new one with Ridley on the back, or just go with the classic Jones tee. Decisions, decisions. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

You say that but I'm already planning what I will be wearing for the Super Bowl, do I go with the old jersey I picked up off eBay, do I buy a new one with Ridley on the back, or just go with the classic Jones tee. Decisions, decisions. 

You gotta go with the breakout rookie from your first season following a team, surely? He'll likely be with you the longest.

I didn't have that luxury, Saints had shitty draft classes for my first few years following them. Brandin Cooks in 2014 (about 2 years into my Saints stint) is the only guy close but I never really felt it. Thomas is the one who got me hooked, and he was a WR2 in his first year same as Ridley.

Big week for the Saints.

Completely dismantled the Bengals, while Panthers, Falcons and Bucs all lost. Fun game to watch too. Nice to see Bridgewater back playing too, to see the game out.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Big week for the Saints.

Completely dismantled the Bengals, while Panthers, Falcons and Bucs all lost. Fun game to watch too. Nice to see Bridgewater back playing too, to see the game out.

As a neutral, it was a bit disappointing the Bengals didn’t make more of a game of it, as it looked they might do at the start. Saints look good for the number 1 seed in the NFC

23 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

As a neutral, it was a bit disappointing the Bengals didn’t make more of a game of it, as it looked they might do at the start. Saints look good for the number 1 seed in the NFC

Saints D-Line has been improving game after game. Really encouraging. Bengals obviously hurt by the absence of AJ though. 

Saints look very good for the NFC. I'd be surprised to see it anything other than Rams v Saints. 

Dante Fowler having a shocker here, but he's got a chance to turn it around with a turnover in this 4th quarter. If he gives away another penalty, I'd imagine he'll be chased out of LA! 

Archived