Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
r4derby

NFL 2018 Season

Recommended Posts

NFL Draft - days 1 and 2 in the books. How are your teams faring?

Love the pick of Saquon. Don’t care about RB depth in draft or durability of position, he makes us better.

@Srg thoughts on Ravens picks? Like you jumping up to get Lamar in 1st.

@AmericanRam happy with Derrius Guice? I’m intrigued to see what character concerns there are that made him drop so far, definite talent there.

Sorry I don’t remember many other peoples teams!

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, r4derby said:

NFL Draft - days 1 and 2 in the books. How are your teams faring?

Love the pick of Saquon. Don’t care about RB depth in draft or durability of position, he makes us better.

@Srg thoughts on Ravens picks? Like you jumping up to get Lamar in 1st.

@AmericanRam happy with Derrius Guice? I’m intrigued to see what character concerns there are that made him drop so far, definite talent there.

Sorry I don’t remember many other peoples teams!

Don't know as much as some of you guys but hearing that my Falcons have picked up the best WR in the draft in Calvin Ridley... do you know much about him? Improvement on Taylor Gabriel?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Don't know as much as some of you guys but hearing that my Falcons have picked up the best WR in the draft in Calvin Ridley... do you know much about him? Improvement on Taylor Gabriel?

Ridley was seen as the number 1 leading up to the draft, but other WR gained heat in the week leading up to it. I think Ridley will be a good, solid WR for you. However, there was a real lack of top quality prospects at the position this year.

He has a good opportunity in the Falcons system playing alongside Julio with Marty Ice throwing too him. 

Share this post


Link to post

Saints didnt need to do much with the draft, on the face of it. But the picks seemed solid enough. 

Trading up for pass rush was a bit dissatisfying but if he's good there will be no complaints. 

We finally drafted an LSU player too! Albeit in the 7th round. Big news.

Edited by SaintRam

Share this post


Link to post

We were shafted by, of all teams, the Eagles in our own backyard. After Drew Pearson's show last year in Philly I guess we had it coming... so fair play David Akers. 

They traded up with the Colts for the 49th pick to swipe TE Goedart who we were going to to go for in the 50th pick. 

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I'm stunned all you guys aren't Rams fans!

I freakin' love our Draft.

If you think we took a 1,300 WR in the 1st (what we traded for Brandin Cooks)

Then with the 2nd we gave to KC we got possibly the best cover corner in the league in Peters.

Then we committed robbery by picking up Micah Kiser and  Obo Okoronkwo later on.

3 out of 4 people I know who are heavily into the Draft and college all wanted both those two.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Saints didnt need to do much with the draft, on the face of it. But the picks seemed solid enough. 

Trading up for pass rush was a bit dissatisfying but if he's good there will be no complaints. 

We finally drafted an LSU player too! Albeit in the 7th round. Big news.

Yeh, giving up next years 1st seems like a 'we need to do this now whilst Brees is still alive' approach to me.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh, giving up next years 1st seems like a 'we need to do this now whilst Brees is still alive' approach to me.

Aye - Brees' friendly contract means we got good work done in FA anyway. I think the chances are good of success, as long as nothing catastrophic happens.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Personally I'm stunned all you guys aren't Rams fans!

I freakin' love our Draft.

If you think we took a 1,300 WR in the 1st (what we traded for Brandin Cooks)

Then with the 2nd we gave to KC we got possibly the best cover corner in the league in Peters.

Then we committed robbery by picking up Micah Kiser and  Obo Okoronkwo later on.

3 out of 4 people I know who are heavily into the Draft and college all wanted both those two.

I liked them when they were in St Louis, but can’t bring myself to cheer on a LA team.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Personally I'm stunned all you guys aren't Rams fans!

I freakin' love our Draft.

If you think we took a 1,300 WR in the 1st (what we traded for Brandin Cooks)

Then with the 2nd we gave to KC we got possibly the best cover corner in the league in Peters.

Then we committed robbery by picking up Micah Kiser and  Obo Okoronkwo later on.

3 out of 4 people I know who are heavily into the Draft and college all wanted both those two.

Rams fan here 😊

Think we've done really well IF we sign cooks to a longer deal. Okoronkwo was a good deal and explains why we traded up for it. Feeling very positive for next season! A lot of the guys we've got are quite young too so we can only get better.  

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be a Rams fan if I went looking for an NFL team before I knew anyone with connections. But I befriended folk in New Orleans first. I think this season is going to be really interesting, personally. Last season was one of the most competitive since I've been following the NFL, if not the most - and FA/the draft mixed things up even more (on the face of it).

Share this post


Link to post
On 30/04/2018 at 09:31, SaintRam said:

I'd be a Rams fan if I went looking for an NFL team before I knew anyone with connections. But I befriended folk in New Orleans first. I think this season is going to be really interesting, personally. Last season was one of the most competitive since I've been following the NFL, if not the most - and FA/the draft mixed things up even more (on the face of it).

I’m the same. I was in New York when I decided to watch an NFL game, chose the Giants, haven’t looked back.

The same problem with a London franchise (whether Jags or new) is that the majority of UK fans have a team already. I would happily support a UK based team, but as my second team. They won’t replace the Giants.

I like the Rams. McVay is doing a great job there and they have some likeable players. 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 01:01, jimbo jones said:

I liked them when they were in St Louis, but can’t bring myself to cheer on a LA team.

This....due to a family connection with Baltimore, I supported the Colts until they were stolen (managing to miss when they were a good side too). When Cleveland got their Browns back, I was able to really get behind the Ravens.

But, in between, (1) no way I'd support LA; (2) no way I'd support the ex-Colt owner who swapped with LA and brought the cursed Irsays to the Colts; (3) no way I'd support that dreadful woman who married for an NFL team and moved them to St Louis and...that's it...

Share this post


Link to post

Watched this year’s Super Bowl as my first ever NFL game. Thought I’d try and get into it for the new season, and naturally I’ve chosen the Los Angeles Rams. Could anyone recommend any good ways to keep up to date with what’s happening and learning more about the game as a whole (aside from the rule book)?

Edited by BurtonRam7

Share this post


Link to post

Watch all the "All or Nothing" Amazon Prime docs (season documentaries), funnily enough the Rams are the team in the second of three seasons which will give you a good appreciation for the ex set up in St Louis, the move back to LA and a lot of the current players including Goff n Gurley. If you like them then the Hard Knocks seasons on SKY is worth a watch (essentially pre season training).

The easiest way I found to gather interest a few years back was to simply put on RedZone on a Sunday night and watch all the days action unfold, we'll have to wait until September for that though. 

There's the NFL Timeline on Amazon which I also liked, goes back to all the big points in NFL history, even an episode on the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. 😛 

Get yourself involved with the fantasy league we do, that keeps up interest and their app is a cracking one for keeping tab on scores and players doing the biz! @BurtonRam7

Edited by Mr Tibbs
Forgot to quote Burton.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Watch all the "All or Nothing" Amazon Prime docs (season documentaries), funnily enough the Rams are the team in the second of three seasons which will give you a good appreciation for the ex set up in St Louis, the move back to LA and a lot of the current players including Goff n Gurley. If you like them then the Hard Knocks seasons on SKY is worth a watch (essentially pre season training).

The easiest way I found to gather interest a few years back was to simply put on RedZone on a Sunday night and watch all the days action unfold, we'll have to wait until September for that though. 

There's the NFL Timeline on Amazon which I also liked, goes back to all the big points in NFL history, even an episode on the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. 😛 

Get yourself involved with the fantasy league we do, that keeps up interest and their app is a cracking one for keeping tab on scores and players doing the biz! @BurtonRam7

Thanks very much, I’ll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post

@BurtonRam7 I get 90% of my news on the Rams from this message board

There's a number of VERY knowledgable posters plus a couple who are bang up to date with Rams news and post links.

I don't post as often as I used to because over the last 2 years the admins have gone a bit over the top with deleting stuff and banning people and some of my favorite posters, a number of whom I've met at games, either left or got banned.

If you do join I'm RamUK. There's even a Leeds fan on there who goes by the name of YorkiePud.

And obviously NFL.com is pretty good just for straight news rather than chat.

@Nuwtfly Which game are you going to? Is it in Philly? I'm going to make a Rams game this year and toying with the Eagles game in December. Lovely time of year weather-wise and a guaranteed win 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bob The Badger said:

 

@Nuwtfly Which game are you going to? Is it in Philly? I'm going to make a Rams game this year and toying with the Eagles game in December. Lovely time of year weather-wise and a guaranteed win 😬

I'm going to the game at Wembley, mate. They're playing the Jags on the 28th. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.