NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been some great, close games this weekend! 

Chargers 20 - 19 Titans - Titans messed up the chance to win it with seconds left on the clock.
Eagles 17 - 21 Panthers - Eagles were 17-0 up going into Q4. 
Buccs 26 - 23 Browns - Overtime win for Buccs.
Ravens 23 - 24 Saints - Tucker missing the extra point kick to surrender the win to the Saints
Redskins 20 - 17 Cowboys - an outrageous penalty at the end ultimately cost Cowboys the yards that meant Maher missed the kick.

As for the Rams... I am probably mesmerised with how easy Gurley makes it look. Donald, too - he'd have no problem going through a wall to get to the QB. 

Just got done watching the Saints game - Tucker's missed PAT was bizarre.

He seemed to hit it absolutely fine, and the ball just seemed to nope out half-way through the journey. 

220+ PATs converted in a row (every single career PAT) and then that one to lose the game. Strange stuff.

I watch that Redzone program and there was a mishmash of stuff.

The Rams' change uniform was ghastly - couldn't understand why San Francisco weren't in their red and gold with the Rams in all white - but the Rams ran all over them even tho they didn't have Cooper Kupp.

The look on Baker Mayfields face as the Buccs kicker somehow bent one inside the upright from 50 yds was something else.

Was willing the Bears to come back against the Pats and that was as close a hail mary has come to success as I can recall seeing.

The Panthers comeback orchestrated by Cam Newton was sublime.

The Saints v Ravens game was the very definition of attritional in the first half before coming to life. Gotta feel for the kicker in that one although how the umpires/judges/refs wee able to tell that his earlier field goal was good is beyond me as it seemed to sail over the top of the posts.

Its an interesting league this year

25 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I watch that Redzone program and there was a mishmash of stuff.

The Rams' change uniform was ghastly - couldn't understand why San Francisco weren't in their red and gold with the Rams in all white - but the Rams ran all over them even tho they didn't have Cooper Kupp.

The look on Baker Mayfields face as the Buccs kicker somehow bent one inside the upright from 50 yds was something else.

Was willing the Bears to come back against the Pats and that was as close a hail mary has come to success as I can recall seeing.

The Panthers comeback orchestrated by Cam Newton was sublime.

The Saints v Ravens game was the very definition of attritional in the first half before coming to life. Gotta feel for the kicker in that one although how the umpires/judges/refs wee able to tell that his earlier field goal was good is beyond me as it seemed to sail over the top of the posts.

Its an interesting league this year

So I've done a lot of reading about kicking/punting etc. as I've been following the NFL and the crux is that above the posts, the outside edge of the post continues up into the heavens.

So if the ball is directly over the top of an upright, the kick is good.

The officials at the base are supposed to be positioned so that they're looking right up each upright as the ball sails past, if they see any of the ball wide of the post they call it no-good, so it must have been right on the edge.

24 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So I've done a lot of reading about kicking/punting etc. as I've been following the NFL and the crux is that above the posts, the outside edge of the post continues up into the heavens.

So if the ball is directly over the top of an upright, the kick is good.

The officials at the base are supposed to be positioned so that they're looking right up each upright as the ball sails past, if they see any of the ball wide of the post they call it no-good, so it must have been right on the edge.

Now, THAT'S education. Bravo, Sir!

16 minutes ago, David said:

got this in the bag, 7.40 on the clock in the 4th

He says then Barkley gets a TD, but instead of making it a 1 TD game they went for the 2 point conversion and fluffed it. Weird. 12-20, 4 to play 

2 hours ago, David said:

Falcons with the first TD in the second quarter with 5 to play, Matty Ice launching 36yds to Hooper (thanks @jimbo jones), then 47yds to Hill for the TD ?

Our defence has actually turned up today, 3 sacks on Manning already....Giants sacked Ryan 3 times as well

Didn’t do much else ? still more than Rudolph the invisible though.

falcons D did me proud ?

Good game, at least good 2nd half, despite the same old flaws making it impossible for the Giants to win.

@David remember that sacking Manning is not a hard feat at the minute, our Oline is a revolving door. Now in place to get the number 1 pick in next years draft...

40 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Good game, at least good 2nd half, despite the same old flaws making it impossible for the Giants to win.

@David remember that sacking Manning is not a hard feat at the minute, our Oline is a revolving door. Now in place to get the number 1 pick in next years draft...

One from the Giants, Bills, Niners & cardinals for the number 1 pick.

Arizona play San Francisco this week, so one will get a win this week....or both a tie.

I might take Monday off and watch the Saints@Vikings on Sunday night, should be a good game.

Lattimore's looking back to last season's form after an unsteady start to the year, I fancy him to get his first INT of the season in this game. Plus we just upgraded our CB2 from Crawley to Eli Apple, which could be an important move in dealing with Thielin and Diggs.

Archived