NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Saints look very good for the NFC. I'd be surprised to see it anything other than Rams v Saints. 

Dante Fowler having a shocker here, but he's got a chance to turn it around with a turnover in this 4th quarter. If he gives away another penalty, I'd imagine he'll be chased out of LA! 

Having played both already this season with key players missing through injury and only losing narrowly through our own errors with turnovers. I don’t fear either. 

A fully fit Vikings squad and I fancy our chances against both....have to make the play offs first though which isn’t a given yet.

10 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah that guy you like with the funny name ??‍♂️ Steamrolled Dalton for a nice sack.

ANZALONE!

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Having played both already this season with key players missing through injury and only losing narrowly through our own errors with turnovers. I don’t fear either. 

A fully fit Vikings squad and I fancy our chances against both....have to make the play offs first though which isn’t a given yet.

Vikings are a good team, 100%. Definitely in the conversation and you shouldn't fear either. But worth noting that the Rams defense was lacking its no.1 CB and a good D-Lineman against you (and us) - and the Saints dominant O-Line contained 2 third string players, and one of our main pass rushers was absent.

The Vikings had more people out, sure, but both the Saints and Rams improve when players get healthy too.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

ANZALONE!

Vikings are a good team, 100%. Definitely in the conversation and you shouldn't fear either. But worth noting that the Rams defense was lacking its no.1 CB and a good D-Lineman against you (and us) - and the Saints dominant O-Line contained 2 third string players, and one of our main pass rushers was absent.

The Vikings had more people out, sure, but both the Saints and Rams improve when players get healthy too.

Yeah that’s him ?

a fit and healthy Dalvin Cook is the difference in us being able to win at the level of the Saints/Rams for me. He gives the big play potential that you don’t get with Murray, though I still think Murray will be used a lot for the “hard yards” but it also takes the pressure of Cousins. I like Kirk, he’s an upgrade on Keemun, but he’s not at the level of Brees or Goff.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah that’s him ?

a fit and healthy Dalvin Cook is the difference in us being able to win at the level of the Saints/Rams for me. He gives the big play potential that you don’t get with Murray, though I still think Murray will be used a lot for the “hard yards” but it also takes the pressure of Cousins. I like Kirk, he’s an upgrade on Keemun, but he’s not at the level of Brees or Goff.

That's fair. Although I think Cook will do more work for you v Rams than Saints. Saints run defense (and short yardage pass D) is exceptional - what you're looking for against the Saints is a deep-threat playmaker and a QB who can find him reliably.

The task is to either get a defense good enough to stop the Saints offense more than two times, or get an offense good enough not to get stopped by the Saints defense. The latter is easier, and what both the Rams and Vikings are closer to - the issue for both in this one matchup is that their best playmakers are running backs - Vikings do have playmaking WRs, but an average QB. Rams have an elite QB, but inconsistent WRs.

43 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's fair. Although I think Cook will do more work for you v Rams than Saints. Saints run defense (and short yardage pass D) is exceptional - what you're looking for against the Saints is a deep-threat playmaker and a QB who can find him reliably.

The task is to either get a defense good enough to stop the Saints offense more than two times, or get an offense good enough not to get stopped by the Saints defense. The latter is easier, and what both the Rams and Vikings are closer to - the issue for both in this one matchup is that their best playmakers are running backs - Vikings do have playmaking WRs, but an average QB. Rams have an elite QB, but inconsistent WRs.

Cousins has the arm and ability to make the deep plays, but we’d need our O line to keep him from getting killed with pressure...which they’re getting better at but it’s still not great, and then of course it’s the big C word, consistency. 

Still, we’ve got a lot of work to do, before I can worry about that, Bears x2, ? bay, pats & seahawks still to play.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Bengals have 2 games coming up against the Browns, sooo......

So Hue Jackson will never get a job again if the Browns beat them twice, which they probably will.

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Just looking at this weeks fixtures on pick em, and there’s some cracking games this week.

theres the 5 Sky are showing

2B0FAB52-2F2B-489C-89DE-D095C73AEEB9.jpeg

Feel like Pick'em this week is gonna be a bit of a nightmare.

Looking forward to watching the Saints game on Monday - not sure I'd have watched it at that time even if it wasn't on Sky, but this season has taught me that if your team is doing well, don't buy NFL gamepass - Sky keeps flexing the Saints.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Feel like Pick'em this week is gonna be a bit of a nightmare.

Looking forward to watching the Saints game on Monday - not sure I'd have watched it at that time even if it wasn't on Sky, but this season has taught me that if your team is doing well, don't buy NFL gamepass - Sky keeps flexing the Saints.

Yeah I looked at gamepass, didn’t bother as we’ve already had 4 games on Sky, bears game this week was flexed, packers next week is SNF game & im not certain but I’ve heard the Patriots game might be on Sky as well.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure Sky posted all the live games being shown on TV up to December before a ball was thrown 

It seems they have this thing called flexing, where they change the game. I only know about it as the Vikings/Bears was originally a 6pm game not on sky until last week, when the flex was announced.

On 01/10/2018 at 08:10, David said:

You're on TV again next week as well, week on Tuesday against the Redskins,

Week 8 at the Vikings

Week 12 at home to the Falcons

Week 13 at the Cowboys

No more TV picks have been made after week 13.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure Sky posted all the live games being shown on TV up to December before a ball was thrown 

See above quote from you from early in the season, we've had 2 games on Sky that aren't on that list. 

Rams Week 9 and Bengals Week 10

Then, the Eagles game is also apparently live on Sky this week. 

I'm assuming, therefore, that they've been flexed - and essentially completely negated by GamePass purchase.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I see the Bills cut Peterman the other day.... feel sorry for him but you've got to be on your game in this sport or you're out. Can't see anyone taking a chance on him either, nightmare start in the NFL.

Tough on him for sure but he showed few positive signs. Its crazy though that there are barely enough QBs for each team to have a competent one. 

Some teams have a couple and that thins things out a little, sure. But the noticeable drop off in quality from the top few - and then again from the middling bunch to the guys at the bottom - is quite bizarre for a position there are so few starters of.

Archived