NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only game Rams have left that I can see them losing is Bears.

Saints will have to match their record to get the no.1 seed, but our schedule is much tougher - not least with the Falcons next week. I'd be very confident if we finish the season having matched the Rams.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Jesus! A two 50 burger game! 

How the hell did the Chiefs rack up 51 points after throwing three INTs lol

Mahomes 35.92 pts for me is definitely the most I've ever recieved for a QB with 3 INTs and 2 fumbles in the game

2 interceptions in the last 2 minutes  going for the win.

19 hours ago, SaintRam said:

A Packers Patriots SB from this point would probably end my interest in the NFL forever ? 

If the Packers can make the playoffs from 4-5-1, I for one wouldn’t begrudge them a Super Bowl run.

I was just having a look at their remaining matches and can’t see the Pack winning more than 4. You should be safe, in other words.

As I see it, standings for the playoffs look likely as:

AFC

KC

New England

Houston

Pittsburgh

Chargers

Ravens

NFC

Rams

Saints

Bears

Washington

Vikes 

Carolina

From there, it looks like a Saints v Pats Super Bowl. As much as I’d love to see a Chiefs-Rams SB, I can see KC failing under the headlights again and the Saints look like they’re getting into gear.

13 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

If the Packers can make the playoffs from 4-5-1, I for one wouldn’t begrudge them a Super Bowl run.

I was just having a look at their remaining matches and can’t see the Pack winning more than 4. You should be safe, in other words.

AFC

KC

New England

Houston

Pittsburgh

Chargers

Ravens

NFC

Rams

Saints

Bears

Washington

Vikes 

Carolina

From there, it looks like a Saints v Pats Super Bowl. As much as I’d love to see a Chiefs-Rams SB, I can see KC failing under the headlights again and the Saints look like they’re getting into gear.

I think both the Saints and Rams will lose one more game - which would make the Saints #1 seed - and I'd be very confident of a Superbowl appearance playing through the playoffs in the Dome.

I agree that I think the most likely team to fall-off, of those up there currently, are the Chiefs. 

Still, a lot could happen, a complete collapse isn't impossible - but seems unlikely for anyone.

The game last night was outstanding. However, I can't help but think that despite the 9-2 & 10-1 records of both teams now that it ultimately showed everyone that the Saints should be more confident. 

I'd doubt that any Superbowl Champion has ever conceded more than 50pts in a season they ended up winning it. Plenty of examples of Superbowl Champions hitting more than 50pts though. 

I do fancy both Rams & Saints to finish the season 15-1. 

51 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The game last night was outstanding. However, I can't help but think that despite the 9-2 & 10-1 records of both teams now that it ultimately showed everyone that the Saints should be more confident. 

I'd doubt that any Superbowl Champion has ever conceded more than 50pts in a season they ended up winning it. Plenty of examples of Superbowl Champions hitting more than 50pts though. 

I do fancy both Rams & Saints to finish the season 15-1. 

Saints conceded 48 against the Buccs ?

Has any team suffered that embarrassment and gone on to win the SB?

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Bold call saying Redskins are going to get in with Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez.

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I think both the Saints and Rams will lose one more game - which would make the Saints #1 seed - and I'd be very confident of a Superbowl appearance playing through the playoffs in the Dome.

I agree that I think the most likely team to fall-off, of those up there currently, are the Chiefs. 

Still, a lot could happen, a complete collapse isn't impossible - but seems unlikely for anyone.

I had a quick look at the Cowboys’ schedule and I have to admit that I can only assume that I misread this week’s game as being in Washington. It’s not. It’s in Dallas. So consider that reversed tbh.

And you’re right about the Saints having the tiebreaker over the Rams if they both win all of their remaining games. But the Saints have much harder matches remaining than the Rams.

Mitchell Trubisky didn’t practise yesterday, after being hurt by a hit by Harrison Smith. Matt Nagy being a bit vague on his chances of playing tomorrow...would be nice if he didn’t ? and then I can watch a Kenny Golladay inspired lions win to shake the nfc north up again, well you have to live in hope ?

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Forgot it was Thanksgiving this week, us and Redskins on Thursday Night Football at 9:25... sweeeeet.

Might be coming down with a well timed illness that will allow me to watch the Saints game that night too ? 

22 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

AFC

KC

New England

Houston

Pittsburgh

Chargers

Ravens

NFC

Rams

Saints

Bears

Washington

Vikes 

Carolina

Even though only 6 weeks to go, it’s too early to call half of those teams making it. Don’t count out the Colts in the AFC, they’re on a hot run after a rubbish start. And in the NFC, who know what will happen in the NFC East, and the Panthers have looked poor the past 2 weeks.

I really hope that the Pateiots don’t make the SB after their poor season. The other teams who have lit up the league this season deserve a chance at glory, particularly the 3 standouts - KC, LA Rams and Saints

10 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Even though only 6 weeks to go, it’s too early to call half of those teams making it. Don’t count out the Colts in the AFC, they’re on a hot run after a rubbish start. And in the NFC, who know what will happen in the NFC East, and the Panthers have looked poor the past 2 weeks.

I really hope that the Pateiots don’t make the SB after their poor season. The other teams who have lit up the league this season deserve a chance at glory, particularly the 3 standouts - KC, LA Rams and Saints

Absolutely, most divisions are still pretty much still up for grabs. Only really the Saints & the Rams and probably the Patriots look certain division winners. If the Chargers win in Arizona they go within one of the Chiefs and then have to play each other, the Chiefs still have to go to Seattle which won’t be easy, though the chargers go to Pittsburgh next week.

Lots of football left to be played yet. 

Agree on the Panthers, following Cam Newton for fantasy league, they’ve been horrible for the first 3 quarters for weeks and then trying to do a rescue act in the 4th. They did it once, but no surprise they can’t keep repeating it. Wouldn’t be shocked if they fell way, they seem to be relying to much on McCaffrey to do everything.

Archived