NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/10/2018 at 01:23, Ambitious said:

I've spent a lot of the last week putting a conscious decision to getting into 'merican football. It's certainly worked. I've watched all the all or nothings and now I'm somewhat obsessed. I just haven't made a decision on who to throw my full support behind. I watched the game on Thursday night, which in all honesty was my first full NFL game that I could follow. I loved seeing Drew Brees win the record, despite not hearing of him before the game, it touched home. I could therefore throw my full weight behind the Saints. 

I watched the Eagles & Giants last night, the only thing that I came away with knowing little about the sport: Barkley looks a great talent, Beckham didn't look like much & Eli Manning needs to hang his boots up. 

Any suggestions other than the Saints. I really liked the Cardinals All or Nothing, but most of the guys that I liked have gone now. I'm open to being manipulated. 

Welcome to the Falcons.

Atlanta_Falcons_logo.svg.pngAtlanta_Falcons_wordmark.svg.png

Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman and the rookie of the year Calvin Ridley. 

What about the defence? We have no defence they are all in the body repair shop and it's great, full on Keegan, we'll score more than you.....when we do. High scoring games guaranteed. We absolutely bottled the Super Bowl, 28-3 up in the 3rd quarter to lose it in overtime. Only Derby County can compete on this level of banter. 

Hands down the best logo and not one of those crappy phone network named stadiums, we have the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Retractable roof, all the mod cons and a full on possible pub crawl under the stands if you ever make it out there (Google it ?), what more do you want? A bald coach? We've got one of those as well. 

Yeah you could go for the Saints who are the Falcons rivals, but their Quarterback is only allowed out on day release from the retirement home and their logo is that crap they emboss it on bog roll. Can you handle the shame? 

I wouldn't do you wrong on this, and if you do decide to go elsewhere, just don't go Patriots or the Cowboys, you're much better than that.

4D9CE5D8-36F6-4DD1-A7A5-11FE607D348E.jpeg

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Nice win for the Vikings ?

Bears lose in OT to the Phins, leaving the NFC north very open with the Packers playing tonight.

Thielen increases his record to 6 straight 100 yard games to start the season, the blokes incredible at the moment.

Thought I was in luck this week, Kamara on a bye week & Breida injured, but alas I'm losing to a bloomin' 2-man team this week - Thielen (29.3pts) & Hill (39.20pts).

Stoopid game.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Thought I was in luck this week, Kamara on a bye week & Breida injured, but alas I'm losing to a bloomin' 2-man team this week - Thielen (29.3pts) & Hill (39.20pts).

Stoopid game.

Two blown coverages on Hill have done you big time ? 

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah that final Hill score for 40-40 was worth 14.50pts - I'm currently projected to lose by 14.28!

If its any consolation, only one of my WRs broke 10pts. The rest have -0.10 combined and the only player I have left to play will only get any points at all if Randall Cobb and/or Geronimo Allison don't play (both Questionable).

My top RB was playing the top DEF so I benched him, but my other two RBs are backups and their injured starters returned this week.

I got hosed.

5 hours ago, David said:

Atlanta_Falcons_logo.svg.pngAtlanta_Falcons_wordmark.svg.png

Hands down the best logo

I certainly agree on that. 

Every other teams logo is either their mascot symbol or their name/letters - with the exception of the Ravens (a 'B' stamped on the head of a Raven) and the Raiders (like a really bad football club badge).

I'm a huge fan of the Bronco's design, I think in style alone it's the best imo; but the Falcons get extra points for having the function along with the form.

The Saints logo is also one I really like but it's the Fleur-De-Lis, it's hardly their symbol. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

Always thought you had the potential to be a brony

I've no idea what a brony is but by the tone I feel confident in saying that every conversation with you is such a chore ?

On 13/10/2018 at 08:29, Carnero said:

@Ambitious in all seriousness, you have an ideal opportunity to latch on to the Rams and quite possibly win a Superbowl in your first season... they have a bright young coach (McVay), a top young QB (Goff), the best RB in the NFL (Gurley) and the best DEF in the NFL... ideal for a glory hunter!

I've supported the rams for about 10 years now and I'm loving it at the minute!

On 13/10/2018 at 01:23, Ambitious said:

I've spent a lot of the last week putting a conscious decision to getting into 'merican football. It's certainly worked. I've watched all the all or nothings and now I'm somewhat obsessed. I just haven't made a decision on who to throw my full support behind. I watched the game on Thursday night, which in all honesty was my first full NFL game that I could follow. I loved seeing Drew Brees win the record, despite not hearing of him before the game, it touched home. I could therefore throw my full weight behind the Saints. 

I watched the Eagles & Giants last night, the only thing that I came away with knowing little about the sport: Barkley looks a great talent, Beckham didn't look like much & Eli Manning needs to hang his boots up. 

Any suggestions other than the Saints. I really liked the Cardinals All or Nothing, but most of the guys that I liked have gone now. I'm open to being manipulated. 

I’m a Cardinals fan from that All or Nothing. Obviously I’d highly recommend being a Cardinals fan, they’re a well run organisation, the uniforms are amongst the best and the Johnson/Rosen is a combo I can’t wait to watch the next few years...but this season could kill anyone off becoming a Cards fan. It’s a bit rough.

Still, we have a really exciting young QB and could (will) have a really high draft pick this year. 

What I would recommend you do is just enjoy the entire NFL this year. Watch RedZone, get yourself a copy of Madden and just get to know the league/players this year. Then do fantasy with us next year and see which teams you enjoy rooting for.

By playing fantasy you find yourself following certain teams and falling a bit in love with them. 

If I could do it all over again, I’d do that.

EDIT: but obviously don’t become a Patriots/Cowboys/Raiders fan

41 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’m a Cardinals fan from that All or Nothing. Obviously I’d highly recommend being a Cardinals fan, they’re a well run organisation, the uniforms are amongst the best and the Johnson/Rosen is a combo I can’t wait to watch the next few years...but this season could kill anyone off becoming a Cards fan. It’s a bit rough.

Still, we have a really exciting young QB and could (will) have a really high draft pick this year. 

What I would recommend you do is just enjoy the entire NFL this year. Watch RedZone, get yourself a copy of Madden and just get to know the league/players this year. Then do fantasy with us next year and see which teams you enjoy rooting for.

By playing fantasy you find yourself following certain teams and falling a bit in love with them. 

If I could do it all over again, I’d do that.

EDIT: but obviously don’t become a Patriots/Cowboys/Raiders fan

I definitely got emotionally connected to the Cardinal all or nothing, a lot more so than the others. I really liked Michael Bidwell. He seemed like a genuine guy doing the best he could, certainly helped by the fact he saved a dog from certain death and did his best by it. It definitely resonated with me. Steve Keim was great, as was Bruce Arians. It would have been a straight forward choice had I been watching from that point, but with Palmer gone, Arians gone, Campbell gone and few others - that ship has sailed.

I have since made a decision... it was a choice between three really strong teams in the end: Rams, Seahawks & Saints. I have since decided to throw my weight behind the Los Angeles Rams. 

The reasons being: 1) I would love to go and watch the team I support at their gaff. I can't envisage ever going to New Orleans or Seattle, but my girlfriend has a lot of family in LA and they actually live less than 45 minute drive from where they're building the new stadium. It was the most significant reasoning in the choice.

2) After watching the All or Nothing documentary, it was hard to feel a massive connection due to them really bombing that year. However, they had plenty to like - Todd Gurley, Jarred Goff, Aaron Donald, John Hekker & of course the star of the show - John Fassel. The new coach came across really quite well in the last episode, so all is well on that front.

3) As with most plastic supporters, the branding and logo was significant. It was an easy choice on that front, I don't think even @Davidhas a bad word to say about the logo. 

I'm still learning the game, but I did buy Madden 18 & I can safely say my college team now is the Bullfrogs! I'm also hoping to somehow get last minute tickets for the Eagles & Jaguars game, but I think that ship may have sailed! 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

3) As with most plastic supporters, the branding and logo was significant. It was an easy choice on that front, I don't think even @Davidhas a bad word to say about the logo. 

Rams logo is fine, I mean I’ve seen better Rams logos but there’s a lot worse like the Cowboy’s, Saints and....

4F3BBEDA-7F22-4E2B-8FAC-FF54C157739A.jpeg

6 hours ago, David said:

Rams logo is fine, I mean I’ve seen better Rams logos but there’s a lot worse like the Cowboy’s, Saints and....

4F3BBEDA-7F22-4E2B-8FAC-FF54C157739A.jpeg

I don't mind those, I don't like the Chiefs, Jets, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants, Chargers, Colts & Steelers logo though. The chargers in particular, it looks like a cartoon hairline!

image.png.d7d4d677d89f70556d2328d8c7cd22c4.png

Archived