Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

When driving on the A38 with a Mercedes/BMW/Audi as close as possible to the rear of my car, despite being able to see 3 slower cars in front of me, and I'm clearly waiting for them to move over so I can overtake.

I get annoyed.

When I then move over and I get a really long stare as if I am responsible for slow drivers ahead of me.

I get exasperated.

The Mercedes/BMW/Audi then goes in front but drives slower than they were previously, but refuse to move over to let me pass.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ageee. There are some mega twits on the A38 daily. 

That guy who used to be on the alleged comedy Royle Family. Not Tomlinson, the younger guy. Had a Paul Jewell haircut.

He does the voice over for Gogglebox and his voice on the trailer for it goes right through me. I'm sure he's not as stupid as he sounds, but he sounds like he'd need to be continuously told to remember to breathe, else he'd pass out.

Just taken my team out for a pub lunch (I'm a nice boss) & encountered a few of my food pet hates....

"Deconstructed" Food - Come up with a new dessert?. Nah, I'll just put the fruit over here and the crumble over there & charge a fortune for it.

"Foam" - Stupid & looks like spit.

Food served on wooden boards - Impractical and unhygienic

Brioche Buns for burgers - WTF is wrong with bread?

Generally, food fads. Especially stupid ones like these.

Edited by Wolfie

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Just taken my team out for a pub lunch (I'm a nice boss) & encountered a few of my food pet hates....

"Deconstructed" Food - Come up with a new dessert?. Nah, I'll just put the fruit over here and the crumble over there & charge a fortune for it.

Burgers are infinitely better in a brioche bun you lunatic! America has a thing for potato buns and they are incredible(ly bad for you)

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Agree with all except the Brioche. 

Sounds like TGI's...

To add to others corrections - wood has antibacterial properties, so probably better than dirty china!

16 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

'One life, live it.'

Usually on the back of a land rover with bullbars and a wynch.

a) Reincarnation 

b) Being 'alive' isn't synonymous with being a testosterone tourist, churning up the countryside and ruining green lanes for everyone else.

Four by four by duck off. 

Be fair.  Four by four drivers need their vehicles with elevated driving positions.

It makes it much easier for them to look down their noses at the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Be fair.  Four by four drivers need their vehicles with elevated driving positions.

It's not just fourbys in general; Q7s and Range Rovers with lowered suspensions are a different category of dickishness entirely.

It's being told that life is somehow passing me by if I'm not testing myself to the limit by driving a box of nails round a disused quarry. 

It's a certain consumerist attitude to manufactured experience, for people with no self awareness or powers of introspection. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

'One life, live it.'

Usually on the back of a land rover with bullbars and a wynch.

a) Reincarnation 

b) Being 'alive' isn't synonymous with being a testosterone tourist, churning up the countryside and ruining green lanes for everyone else.

Four by four by duck off. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

It's not just fourbys in general; Q7s and Range Rovers with lowered suspensions are a different category of dickishness entirely.

It's being told that life is somehow passing me by if I'm not testing myself to the limit by driving a box of nails round a disused quarry. 

It's a certain consumerist attitude to manufactured experience, for people with no self awareness or powers of introspection. 

Or maybe I'm just a normal bloke that drive a Range Rover cos I like 'em. Why should this bother or worry you or anyone else?

Agree about the green lanes and reincarnation bits though.

7 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Or maybe I'm just a normal bloke that drive a Range Rover cos I like 'em. Why should this bother or worry you or anyone else?

It's not the cars themselves, it's what some owners seem to think they represent; either a gung ho attitude to life or a misplaced sense of superiority.