Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

10 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

In addition to this is people who are unable to yawn without making that bloody annoying noise EACH AND EVERY TIME.... 

*yawn* "arghhhhhaaahhhhhhhhhhhh"

shut up you idiots 

Get that in the office a lot. On the subject. Try this, if you feel a yawn coming on close mouth and quickly inhale/exhale through nose a few times to stop it.

Edited by TimRam

36 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Get that in the office a lot. On the subject. Try this, if you feel a yawn coming on close mouth and quickly inhale/exhale through nose a few times to stop it.

Also a good idea, is if someone is yawning repeatedly and/or loudly, then stick something unpleasant in their mouth, like your finger, a ruler or a pen.  

It will soon change their behaviour 

Window companies that you agree to see and then they say they want your wife present before they'll come (after they've nagged you on the phone.

Why ? .. my wife trusts my aesthetic sensibilities, she is bored to tears by technicalities but they'd rather lose the appointment than "breach" their policy. Are they saying a) My wife doesn't trust me or b) I cant make a decision or c) it has something to do with weird sales techniques.

Either way .. you ain't seeing me or flogging me anything 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, jono said:

Window companies that you agree to see and then they say they want your wife present before they'll come (after they've nagged you on the phone.

Why ? .. my wife trusts my aesthetic sensibilities, she is bored to tears by technicalities but they'd rather lose the appointment than "breach" their policy. Are they saying a) My wife doesn't trust me or b) I cant make a decision or c) it has something to do with weird sales techniques.

Either way .. you ain't seeing me or flogging me anything 

Because they do hard sell and they dont like to be fobbed off by people saying i need to ask my wife, husband etc

Hate people like that coming to my house. Price will be x amount. You show reluctance, they lean forward, almost whispering because they have a deal..just for you of course, knocking 35 percent off.

You still show reluctance so they say let me ring my manager.. A few minutes later they have knocked 60 percent off the original price..just for you, but they need a decision now because of some reason or other thats pure garbage.

Dont really blame those doing the selling, they are doing a job, blame the practices though,  scumbag businesses. 

If they have said this to you avoid.

I had a salesman from Safestyle come round once.

My wife and I made it quite clear, both before the appointment and at the start we'd never sign up there and then, but would take the quote and think about it.

The salesman almost burst into tears when we'd explained our stance to him, telling us how he'd come all the way from Coventry to see us, and even showing us pictures of his kids to seal the deal!

Eventually he produced a quote half his original one, which I took to my next door neighbour, who is also a window fitter during a break in the salesmans crying, and he beat it in half again!

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I had a salesman from Safestyle come round once.

My wife and I made it quite clear, both before the appointment and at the start we'd never sign up there and then, but would take the quote and think about it.

The salesman almost burst into tears when we'd explained our stance to him, telling us how he'd come all the way from Coventry to see us, and even showing us pictures of his kids to seal the deal!

Eventually he produced a quote half his original one, which I took to my next door neighbour, who is also a window fitter during a break in the salesmans crying, and he beat it in half again!

Pressure selling, illegal and morally wrong.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/if-you-were-misled-or-pressured-into-buying-something-you-didnt-want/

New annoyance.... people who think they're Politicians (Twitter politicians are the worst)

duck me they're a different breed i'm sure! 

They all think they're correct, they all get offended by the tiniest of things and they think they're intellectual and above people because they talk about 'politics'. 

Prime example, a bloke i work with thinks that me and the Managing Director are 'Plebs' (he actually said this) because we talk about football on a Monday morning rather than whats going on in the country. 

On 14/08/2018 at 10:09, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

Also a good idea, is if someone is yawning repeatedly and/or loudly, then stick something unpleasant in their mouth, like your finger, a ruler or a pen.  

It will soon change their behaviour 

Unless it's a woman, then make it something pleasant.