Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The guy who tweeted causing this:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/14/sky-weather-girl-nazaneen-ghaffar-tears-online-troll-tells-lose-two-stone-weight-7715143/

Seriously, she is pretty stunning i think its more likely that he is some sad troll who has never left his mums back room and sit in his piss stained pants all day long

Yes, you're right, I agree with you, but, couldn't she, just well. er, Ignore it? What sort of adult cries because some half-wit says nasty things on Twitter?  FFS woman, pull yourself together.

20 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Why does no one in this country know which way up to fly the Union Flag? I swear, the next time that I see some "Look at me! I'm patriotic, I am." idiot with his flag upside down, I'm gonna set fire to it.

There is an upside down?

Don't know if they still do it, military and government flags use to have a wooden toggle on the top and a loop at the bottom of the flag. These were then fixed onto the corresponding toggle and loop attached to the rope on the flag pole. Meaning you couldn't raise the flag the wrong way round.

They also did the same with any foreign flags that were used, to make sure that any unusual flag was raised correctly for visiting foreign dignitaries.

2 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Why does no one in this country know which way up to fly the Union Flag? I swear, the next time that I see some "Look at me! I'm patriotic, I am." idiot with his flag upside down, I'm gonna set fire to it.

5 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I blame the flag designers. They should have made it symmetrical, which would actually be a very easy thing to do in this particular case.

I’m sure I read somewhere that if the Union Jack (which is what it’s called on a ship at sea) was flying upside down, there was a problem on board, ie mutiny, the chef’s burnt the roast potatoes, nah, I made that last bit up, and assistance was required.

Could be a load of old toot mind.

44 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that if the Union Jack (which is what it’s called on a ship at sea) was flying upside down, there was a problem on board, ie mutiny, the chef’s burnt the roast potatoes, nah, I made that last bit up, and assistance was required.

Bit of urban myth tbh.

Gerry Adams a man who for years advocated and condoned violence. As the nerve to complain when an explosive device damaged a car on his drive. He called the perpetrators irresponsible as his grandchildren had been playing there, only minutes before.

Pity he never showed the same concern when hundreds of innocent people were maimed and killed during the troubles in Northern Ireland.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Bit of urban myth tbh.

No, Pearl Ram is right. The flying of a flag upside down indicates that a vessel is in distress.

I suppose that could mean that the people flying the Union Flag upside down aren't wrong after all.

Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Men, or boys, over the age of 14 who are into comic books, or as they now like to call them "Graphic Novels".

When I was 14 i lost interest in comic books and found an interest in a different type of publication.....

On 18/04/2018 at 14:22, SouthStandDan said:

Went to watch a recording of 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown last night.

Brilliant show. Spoilt a little by a bloke who had the most annoying over the top laugh. Didn't notice it at first until the female comedians told a typical duff joke that got little scoffs from the audience. The bloke decided he couldn't inhale and exhale properly anymore and got on everyone's tits. Even Jimmy Carr could hear it and said "Jesus, I thought my laugh was a ******* embarrassment" :lol:

On a side note, Rachel Riley is amazing.

Tonights episode was probably the funniest one I've seen, brilliant show, love it..

On 20/07/2018 at 12:59, Paul71 said:

When I was 14 i lost interest in comic books and found an interest in a different type of publication.....

Yes, but at least with those, you could claim that you were reading the articles and not just looking at the pictures.

Sith Happens
Just now, JoetheRam said:

Yes, but at least with those, you could claim that you were reading the articles and not just looking at the pictures.

There were articles?????