Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

40 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

People who stand in a doorway, holding the door open, having a conversation, whilst letting all the warmth out. 

If you’ve got something to say, come back in, otherwise **** off and close it behind you!

i hear ya

And there are at least three fake goodbyes before the real one.  Also, they block anyone wanting to enter or leave the place.  The forgetful ones are pain too, they literally don't know if they're coming or going

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

People who stand in a doorway, holding the door open, having a conversation, whilst letting all the warmth out. 

If you’ve got something to say, come back in, otherwise **** off and close it behind you!

Or those that stand in doorways in pubs smoking. Yeah it's going to drift in, yeah it's going to stink when I have to walk past you and yes it's still littering when you throw a cigarette end on the floor.

Customers at the Micklover petrol station/M&S who've stood in the queue, been served, but when it comes to leaving the store turn straight back around and try to walk back through the people still queuing.

How hard can it possible be to queue up on one side of the shop, get served and then walk down the other side to exit!?

"Sorry, sorry, excuse me, sorry"  Save your breath and use your brain!

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

Customers at the Micklover petrol station/M&S who've stood in the queue, been served, but when it comes to leaving the store turn straight back around and try to walk back through the people still queuing.

How hard can it possible be to queue up on one side of the shop, get served and then walk down the other side to exit!?

Also at this petrol station, people who wait at the end pump blocking access to the car park and the tyre inflators. 

5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Also at this petrol station, people who wait at the end pump blocking access to the car park and the tyre inflators. 

To be fair you can put a little of that down to bad planning. Remove the needless bit of kerb or put up a sign saying 'No queueing in bay 9' and the problem might just go away.

The other problem at this particular station is one I've moaned about on here before. There's more than enough room for 2 cars side by side at the exit but you'll often get some moron sat on the left side of the junction indicating right to go towards Tesco!?‍♂️?‍♂️

16 hours ago, Coconut said:

Not as bad as the old dears who have all the time in the day to waste, so spend 20 minutes grabbing a full shop before paying for their petrol, moving their Merc (it is Mickleover...) which is far too big/powerful for them to drive, the f00k out of the way!!!

28 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Not as bad as the old dears who have all the time in the day to waste, so spend 20 minutes grabbing a full shop before paying for their petrol, moving their Merc (it is Mickleover...) which is far too big/powerful for them to drive, the f00k out of the way!!!

I don't disagree but on the one occasion I did that - move my car, freeing up the pump for someone waiting, when I knew I'd be a few minutes in the shop - I got bollocked by the person behind the counter for "driving off" without paying even though I parked up about 10 metres away and still on the forecourt.

Presumably nobody could use the pump until my transaction has been completed anyway? I don't know.

26 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't disagree but on the one occasion I did that - move my car, freeing up the pump for someone waiting, when I knew I'd be a few minutes in the shop - I got bollocked by the person behind the counter for "driving off" without paying even though I parked up about 10 metres away and still on the forecourt.

Presumably nobody could use the pump until my transaction has been completed anyway? I don't know.

Just think it's a stupid idea having that kinda of thing in a petrol station.  Sure, sweets, crisps, fair fresheners, and anti-freeze are all acceptable stuff to have on your shelves.  But tempting people with a Two Dine for £9.99 offer and hiding the bags of Percey Piglets where they're hard to find isn't conducive to keeping queues moving...