Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 2 April 2017 at 12:02, Paul71 said:

Ripley leisure centre is bad for this, I went yesterday struggled to find a space. There must be 25 disabled spaces with not a single car parked in them.

Around here I struggle to find a space. I have a disabled blue badge and often have to push my wife's wheelchair from a distance as so many cars have parked 'just for a minute'.

I hope none of you have to view this 'annoyance' from my viewpoint.

Just saying!?

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Around here I struggle to find a space. I have a disabled blue badge and often have to push my wife's wheelchair from a distance as so many cars have parked 'just for a minute'.

I hope none of you have to view this 'annoyance' from my viewpoint.

Just saying!?

I agree with you, anyone parking in a disabled spot that isn't should be fined a lot of money. That doesn't mean there isn't something wrong when you are looking to park and because of poor design there are 20 odd spaced empty with not a single disabled car parked but non disabled drivers seeking a spot.

Surely its a case of knowing your customer base and accommodating accordingly.

That said I waited for a non disabled spot to become free, because I follow the rules.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I agree with you, anyone parking in a disabled spot that isn't should be fined a lot of money. That doesn't mean there isn't something wrong when you are looking to park and because of poor design there are 20 odd spaced empty with not a single disabled car parked but non disabled drivers seeking a spot.

Surely its a case of knowing your customer base and accommodating accordingly.

That said I waited for a non disabled spot to become free, because I follow the rules.

I'm not entirely sure, but i think there is a legal obligation to have a certain percentage of your available spaces marked for disabled parking.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not entirely sure, but i think there is a legal obligation to have a certain percentage of your available spaces marked for disabled parking.

Yeah good point. I am skeptical about this as I've been to the pub tonight on my way home from the match and there wasn't a single disabled spot.

13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah good point. I am skeptical about this as I've been to the pub tonight on my way home from the match and there wasn't a single disabled spot.

I've just looked it up, and there is no legal statutory regulations as such.

However there is a BSI standard governing disabled parking spaces, and firms not adhering to this may find themselves subject to legal action under the discrimination act if someone brings a claim against them.

I'm off to croesote my fence now.

Sith Happens
Just now, reveldevil said:

I've just looked it up, and there is no legal statutory regulations as such.

However there is a BSI standard governing disabled parking spaces, and firms not adhering to this may find themselves subject to legal action under the discrimination act if someone brings a claim against them.

I'm off to croesote my fence now.

So in summary....knowing your customer base :)

Sith Happens
Just now, reveldevil said:

You'd think pubs would have more spaces for the legless, not less?

You been taking PC lessons from David Moyes? :)

when someone makes a massive effort to pull out of a junction ahead of you, as if you might delay them getting to their destination in time, to then not speed up at all, forcing you to half your speed, even when you aren't speeding.

Simply, if you're not going to go as fast as me, then get behind me, not in front. Muppet! Grrrr

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

when someone makes a massive effort to pull out of a junction ahead of you, as if you might delay them getting to their destination in time, to then not speed up at all, forcing you to half your speed, even when you aren't speeding.

Simply, if you're not going to go as fast as me, then get behind me, not in front. Muppet! Grrrr

Exactly, why the rush to pull out if you are then going to proceed to tootle along.

The bus lane camera on Pentagon Island, coming from Chadd.

A few weeks back was quite late for a Sat kick off, A52 was rammed, so he'd down Raynesway, only to find that blocked too!

Turned around at the island, straight up Acorn Way, sneaked to the pentagon, only to find the way blocked by a right turner before the Cricket ground.

******** to this i thought, I'll legally use the bus lane to avoid turning traffic, but didn't see the point of pulling right to immediately pull left again for the A52, and landed my first driving fine in 24 years!

Still, at least the car looked good in the photos.

On 05/04/2017 at 07:54, Mostyn6 said:

That annoys me with people walking too. Crossing the road or walking out of shop doorways to walk in front of me at a snail's pace.

I get pedestrian rage more than driving tbh. The one that really annoys me is when a stream of people are coming towards you in the opposite direction, but none of them think to get on the same side of the pavement. Like I'm supposed to zig zag between them all. **** that, I just Richard Ashcroft them.