Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 15/01/2017 at 14:57, Mostyn6 said:

the state of the Gents in various busy places, such as pubs, clubs and football stadia.

What is it about busy toilets that means people cannot piss properly, cannot flush a chain, and cannot avoid vandalising them?

I think you've got to be some sort of backwards person if you think making the state of toilets worse that they already are is somewhat acceptable. I prefer to leave the toilets as nice as possible, cos that's how I like them to be when I need to use them.

Oh, and Audi owners.

From working in pubs and at a fast food chain when I was younger, the women's toilet was always worse than the blokes. Always.

42 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Same here. To be honest I don't know why more people don't do that. People complain to me that they get junk calls and "it's always from unavailable numbers". Don't answer it then!

Its because a lot of people cant stand to think what they are missing out on, you see examples when they get a text message when you are in a conversation with them and they just check it, it will still be there when we have done, check it then. Or why people check their phones or still speak on them when driving, because they cant stand the thought they are missing something.

I used to work in an industry where you called customers, they were your own customers but often the number you were calling from wouldnt be the one they knew, but even then if they did not answer you would often get a call back saying 'someone called me from this number'.

If its important they will leave a message or call back its simple. If a number tries a few times i check it online and if its a nuisance number i just block it on my phone.

Sky. Got the right hump with them. I have the full sports package (well I thought I had) so thought I'd just check out a bit of African Nations, no, to watch Eurosport, I have to add the variety pack to view it.

WTF ? Eurosport always used to be free to view back in the day. Not happy, not at missing the football but that they've added it to a bundle I don't want. 

9 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Sky. Got the right hump with them. I have the full sports package (well I thought I had) so thought I'd just check out a bit of African Nations, no, to watch Eurosport, I have to add the variety pack to view it.

WTF ? Eurosport always used to be free to view back in the day. Not happy, not at missing the football but that they've added it to a bundle I don't want. 

I just thought I'd have a look on Eurosport and had no signal, plenty of faffing around for a couple of minutes, ended up having to swap the two screw in cables over. Got it in Standard Def, but bizarrely the HD wouldn't work.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

Getting stuck directly behind other cars on a slip road when the driver in front has decided that it's acceptable to join a 70mph road going 45/50 !

Invariably you get someone further behind you who's in a position to see this, hangs back a bit and then built up the requisite speed for when they enter the carriageway, who'll then giddily overtake you and the slow ******* infront. (No fault implied to the person behind)

That's bad enough, but will often be followed immediately by a stream of vehicles in the right hand lane also overtaking, thus locking you in place, unable to get to get up to road speed and unable to overtake the slow **** in front of you who's still only doing 60 at most, 10/20 seconds later! (and even at 60 they'll be pressing their brakes uneccessarily)

Especially the A50 heading East at Chellaston. They'd be lucky to be doing 45/50mph down the slip road.

Invariably I've been following them all the way from Coalville as well......

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Especially the A50 heading East at Chellaston. They'd be lucky to be doing 45/50mph down the slip road.

Invariably I've been following them all the way from Coalville as well......

I'm often driving through Mickleover and then taking the A38 towards the Toyota roundabout before joining the A50, but it's joining the A38 where I experience this issue the most. It's not even a busy road at this point, so there's really no excuse!

12 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Brexit innit, Sky pulled it out quicker than May...

I am sick of 'journalists' if you can even bloody call them that these days reporting on bookies odds in relation to clubs signing players. "Derby county are second favorites to sign THIS player".

It has all the hallmarks of shoddy, copy and paste, terrible, clickbait journalism and it can **** off.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am sick of 'journalists' if you can even bloody call them that these days reporting on bookies odds in relation to clubs signing players. "Derby county are second favorites to sign THIS player".

It has all the hallmarks of shoddy, copy and paste, terrible, clickbait journalism and it can **** off.

The tabloids print so many stories that they are bound to get one right now and then, then they can hark back to it and say 'look we were first'.

I dont even buy a paper anymore they are so full of trash.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Don't hold back Juan, say what you mean.......:lol:

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Tools required to be a modern journalist;

- Twitter account

- Ability to use the copy/paste function

- A willingness to claim you're suffering harassment if people attempt to correct you

On 17/01/2017 at 17:10, Paul71 said:

Its because a lot of people cant stand to think what they are missing out on, you see examples when they get a text message when you are in a conversation with them and they just check it, it will still be there when we have done, check it then. Or why people check their phones or still speak on them when driving, because they cant stand the thought they are missing something.

I used to work in an industry where you called customers, they were your own customers but often the number you were calling from wouldnt be the one they knew, but even then if they did not answer you would often get a call back saying 'someone called me from this number'.

If its important they will leave a message or call back its simple. If a number tries a few times i check it online and if its a nuisance number i just block it on my phone.

We bought a call blocker unit for our elderly and befuddled neighbours.

They were forever getting into conversations with cold call companies who obviously spread the word about them until they were literally getting calls every few minutes,24 hours a day including international numbers.

I installed the £25 call blocker and it stopped the calls getting through dead.

I bought one for us and my mum as well now.

These things must really piss off the cold callers.

Parents who think that letting their kids run around car parks, on their way back to their car, is safe because the cars are only going slowly...yes they are and they are probably looking for a space and not expecting a 2 year old to run out between cars.

On 19/01/2017 at 18:19, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Celebrity Big Brother.

I don't condone violence in any way, shape or form but could someone please force entry into there and chuck some explosives in?

Many thanks.

I would rather there was button you could press that made all the sinks and toilets back up explosively.

Like firing it into the air. Watch the panic.

TV gold.

Many of today's dimwit generation who have no grasp of anything other than celebrities and their antics..half of these people couldn't tell the time from a watch with hands,name the prime minister or even have an idea how many world wars there have been.

It's not just our lot though,the Americans kids are even worse.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Many of today's dimwit generation who have no grasp of anything other than celebrities and their antics..half of these people couldn't tell the time from a watch with hands,name the prime minister or even have an idea how many world wars there have been.

It's not just our lot though,the Americans kids are even worse.

A few years ago a woman came to work in my wife's office, probably aged late 20's. The boss had to tell her off for spending so much time 'interacting' on social media.

One day,my wife made some jocular comment about 'we'll have to work an extra day this year' to which she replied 'Why's that?'

'Because it's a Leap Year'

What's a Leap Year?'

'You know, when there's an extra day in February'

'REALLY? I never knew that!'

I kid you not. Nice girl but thicker than the two proverbial railway sleepers.