Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

I suppose the concern is not continuing where we left off against Cardiff, which I think is a legitimate question. We looked a totally different outfit after the changes against Cardiff.

That said I can understand a less cavalier approach away against a strong side, I hope rowett has called it right and if not makes the correct subs early to rectify it!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, rynny said:

1 change, Pearce for Olsson

Can’t see the point of that. I think we need more pace and movement in the side . Proof of the pudding will be in the eating , let’s see.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're never happy with the starting line-up no matter who Rowett selects

Mind you, I can't talk. Happy to be proved wrong though, unlike some.

PistoldPete2
30 minutes ago, rynny said:

That does look a strong team from villa and a strong bench too . Oh well ... we can still do them I hope.

7 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

correct selection Forsyth better going forward Pearce better defender.

Maybe, but I worry that we have a new formation and he's changed the defensive personnel after one game. Could backfire as they did ok against Cardiff. I hope Pearce slots in without any issues and it doesn't cause a problem

So is this it:

...........................................................Carson..................................................

....................Keogh..........................Pearce...................Davies..................

Wisdom............................................................................................Forsyth

.......................................................Huddlestone..........................................

.........................Weimann..............Lawrence..........Johnson................

........................................................Jerome.................................................

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

And if he manages to earn us a smash and grab 0-1 then I'm going to make him a cottage pie that he can warm up at home and have later.

Gary was just on RD saying he reads the fans forums (slagging him off etc - but that’s another story) so if he’s seen this then I can see him going for it! What an incentive indeed.

I bet Pep has cottage pie every week. But with a cheeky bit of chorizo in too. 

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So is this it:

...........................................................Carson..................................................

....................Keogh..........................Pearce...................Davies..................

Wisdom............................................................................................Forsyth

.......................................................Huddlestone..........................................

.........................Weimann..............Lawrence..........Johnson................

........................................................Jerome.................................................

Shift Johnson back next to Huddlestone and that's it.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s cause what he selects quite often has me concerned! Wasn’t like this earlier in the season but are you really happy that he’s left our top scorer on the bench and put in a centre back with a lack of mobility into a three? He got it dead right last game with his sub, so why not start the way that got us playing so well? He’s bottled it because he thinks it’s too attacking. 

Dont wanna be negative but that’s the way it is, hope we can grind out a result tho, or the train back with these villa fans won’t be fun’

Didn't Tuesday possibly show that Vydra is more effective when a game opens up? 

A point today would be magnificent so we have no reason to be gung ho from the start.

I'm sure for large parts of our bad run there have been groans about attacks walking through us at will but now he's trying to shore up the defence he's being criticised for not being attacking enough?

Archived