Rowett - In or Out? - mk 2

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no but big discussion needed over the summer. He is a good manager but he needs to understand how to manage a team who is expected to win, at Burton and Birmingham he was the underdog which he was good at.

If he doesn't see the need to change his philosophy to more positive one then I'll change to a yes.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Gary for the love of god, wield the axe this summer on this embarrassment of a squad, give the fans some pride back into this team. Blood some youth, clear out these bone idiol b*stards through the door and start a fresh. This will be the only way you can succeed as Derby manager now. 

Trouble is - I don't think either he, nor another manager, can wield the axe. Don't the majority of them have stupidly long contracts? It wouldn't help to still have them at the club rotting in the u23's, and with the exception of Vydra or Carson, I don't think we can even give them away. I'm gonna have a look for the "when does everyone's contract expire?" post..  

He sent the top young players out on loan in January so they are not available  to  bring through.

The old heads who have been there , got into the Prem.      ........   have also experienced what it is like to be out of your depth up there. Why would they want to go back at their age ??

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Trouble is - I don't think either he, nor another manager, can wield the axe. Don't the majority of them have stupidly long contracts? It wouldn't help to still have them at the club rotting in the u23's, and with the exception of Vydra or Carson, I don't think we can even give them away. I'm gonna have a look for the "when does everyone's contract expire?" post..  

Most are next year apart from Baird Bent and shackell

To be honest, Rowett’s appointment was lost on me.

I didn’t see why we were in any hurry to appoint him.

After going to the trouble of bringing back McClaren, I think Steve deserved the summer to have a genuine go at righting the ship, moulding the squad and getting his methods across.

I honestly think we would be in a much better position had we held on to McClaren.

The way Rowett has gone about it is strange to me. He rode in on promises of a younger, hungrier squad and a dynamic, full throttle style of play. Something we could all get behind whether we are 5th or 15th.

Instead the approach taken is one that will only look good with one outcome. Without that success, it was always going to be a genuine struggle to keep fans onside and so it is proving.

I would give him one more match - Middlesbrough at home. 

It’s win or bust, for me.

59 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

oh cool. Ship 'em out then :D 

Here you go:

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-contracts-expire-when-414294.amp

A dozen senior players out of contract in 2019.

We just have to ride this **** out until then in my opinion, then we can start from a clean slate with or without Rowett.

PistoldPete2
22 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

if you offer mac its got to be only till end of the season if not forget mac bring wassell in till end of the season i would take Warburton or pardew over mac 

Pardon you? Did you say Pardew? No, no no!

what is  Ranieri doing these days? 

Final straw today, take your negative hoofball somewhere else and don’t come back. Ain’t accepting derby county getting humbled by bloody burton Albion! If we ain’t gonna go up, then at least play some decent football. Not accepting the blame as well, he has to go. Has to.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Here you go:

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-contracts-expire-when-414294.amp

A dozen senior players out of contract in 2019.

We just have to ride this **** out until then in my opinion, then we can start from a clean slate with or without Rowett.

Christ on a bike! Lawrence until 2022!!!?? jeez... that's a long time... 

33 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

if you offer mac its got to be only till end of the season if not forget mac bring wassell in till end of the season i would take Warburton or pardew over mac 

I would love Mac to come back but not just until the end of the season. Of the three you've named Mac is the 'best fit' for our club IMO. 

Were going backwards ,team showing no commitment ,desire or strategy on the pitch. GR   obviously lacking motivational qualities.The team is more disjointed than ever.

This isn't about today,it's about the last ten games and most managers would have walked on those performances. Even recent wins  have been fortunate especially against Preston.

Thought despite the football that a top 6 finish would give GR  the benefit of the doubt,but this is dire and he needs to go.

12 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I would love Mac to come back but not just until the end of the season. Of the three you've named Mac is the 'best fit' for our club IMO. 

hes not shot himself in the foot the first time and dont you remember that he hasnt got a plan b anybody then mac again 

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

I'm incredulous over some of the utter garbage being spouted.

Mac???? Yep had his time, sorry....close once but no cigar, time to move on.

Warburton, well I wouldn't say his teams were that exciting to watch and I find him slightly annoying...but could be ok, I would put him on a par with Rowett as a risk.

Pardew????. Unbelievable.....literally have no words.

Not really singling you out. The forum is full of nonsense tonight. Not flouncing off...but its just getting too much for me.

We have a crucial game with Boro coming up. Win that...we have a good chance of the play offs. If not...well we get to the summer and have a look. 

The sackings have just got out of control. We have sacked managers for less....see where that got us !!!

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm incredulous over some of the utter garbage being spouted.

Mac???? Yep had his time, sorry....close once but no cigar, time to move on.

Warburton, well I wouldn't say his teams were that exciting to watch and I find him slightly annoying...but could be ok, I would put him on a par with Rowett as a risk.

Pardew????. Unbelievable.....literally have no words.

Not really singling you out. The forum is full of nonsense tonight. Not flouncing off...but its just getting too much for me.

We have a crucial game with Boro coming up. Win that...we have a good chance of the play offs. If not...well we get to the summer and have a look. 

The sackings have just got out of control. We have sacked managers for less....see where that got us !!!

pardew is better then mac! thing is i know theres better managers out there then what  i have said but you have to be realistic who will come to us how people are saying garcia yes in a dream world but at least im being realistic! Warburton, pardew and mac are all better then rowett we would of never gone for rowett if he never had a derby past! rowetts useless his signings are **** and his style (if theirs a style of football) it **** 

Archived