Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SillyBilly said:

This has to rank as our most shameful end of season collapse, plaudits to Gary, that is no easy achievement. We're hitting new lows. The embarrassment hurts. If we'd smashed them today and lost 0-1 you could lick the wounds, this is really painful.

I personally think it’s not as bad as 14/15.

But how blessed we are that we can have a debate about which of the three spectacular collapses in the past 5 years is the worst.

1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

This has to rank as our most shameful end of season collapse, plaudits to Gary, that is no easy achievement. We're hitting new lows. The embarrassment hurts. If we'd smashed them today and lost 0-1 you could lick the wounds, this is really painful.

At least we're good at something.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I think Mel's is in a difficult position. 

He was overly hasty multiple times - realised that, and then appointed Rowett. 

None of us can genuinely know if Rowett could become good for us, but its certainly not looking like he is - but sacking him now means if the next appointment isn't SO good that the team can start really performing without much work financially, we'll be ******* as a club for a while. 

Not saying we won't be ******* sticking with GR - but it's an incredibly tough call for Mel. 

Surely there was a performance clause in Gary's contract?

Mel's not daft enough not to leave an exit route is he?

Sith Happens
Just now, Squid said:

Well here’s to a Sheffield Wednesday type season next season! 

I like your positive thinking. :lol:

Just now, SillyBilly said:

You missed 14/15 I take it?

It's not even funny, but it's hardly unique in our recent seasons.

Just now, Duracell said:

I personally think it’s not as bad as 14/15.

But how blessed we are that we can have a debate about which of the three spectacular collapses in the past 5 years is the worst.

Unfortunately this one isn't over yet D and my optimism looking at the fixture list isn't positive at the moment!

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

You obviously haven’t been  a fan that long 

I've supported the team for 48 years and we've had some very poor teams over that period and we've had some some very poor players. However, I'm not sure we've ever had a Derby team that's been so negative? 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

These shipped 5 at home to Hull. We’ve barely had a chance in the second half. Pathetic 

To many lightweights no midfield past the center circle 

when the supporters don’t believe you are in trouble 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Surely there was a performance clause in Gary's contract?

Mel's not daft enough not to leave an exit route is he?

What's a performance clause?

"If my opinion of the teams performances isn't high enough, I reserve the right to terminate your contract with no compensation"?

No-one would sign that contract.

Archived