Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not just after last night's awful performance but thinking about it for a while we need to switch to 3 at the back. 

Carson 

Wisdom.        Pearce.    Davies 

Anya.    Huddlestone.  Ledley.  Johnson/Forsyth

Palmer              Lawrence 

Vydra 

Anya is injured still I think. I can't see GR changing formations now. I thought Pearce looked a bit shaky and nervous at Wolves, wouldn't surprise me to see Captain Fantastic return. Other than that I reckon it will be the same team and formation.

21 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not just after last night's awful performance but thinking about it for a while we need to switch to 3 at the back. 

Carson 

Wisdom.        Pearce.    Davies 

Anya.    Huddlestone.  Ledley.  Johnson/Forsyth

Palmer              Lawrence 

Vydra 

Like this. Put a simliar formation in a previous thread. Cant see it happening tho and that makes me sad

10 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Like this. Put a simliar formation in a previous thread. Cant see it happening tho and that makes me sad

Not sure that being in the play off spots by slim margins with 5 games to go is the right time to go three at the back as it a bit more than a bit of a midfield/ forward formation tweak and we don’t really have the luxury of having a few games to see if we can adjust 

49 minutes ago, archied said:

Not sure that being in the play off spots by slim margins with 5 games to go is the right time to go three at the back as it a bit more than a bit of a midfield/ forward formation tweak and we don’t really have the luxury of having a few games to see if we can adjust 

I shouldn't worry about it,rowett wont be changing anything (including subs before the 71st minute)

36 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I shouldn't worry about it,rowett wont be changing anything (including subs before the 71st minute)

You may be right kash but don’t you agree that to change to a back three at this point would be rather daft all the same?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we were solid and I thought it would interrupt the flow of the team i would agree but we have neither in place at the moment.

So you want to change to a back three for the final 5 games?

On 12 April 2018 at 11:00, philmycock said:

You just know we’ll get beat here! Any decent pubs between train station and ground?

A lot going in the heretic right be the station (out and turn right down the hill about 100 yards) for the ground come out go left and then right, pubs on route; Alfred And the Derby Inn. Both Burton bridge pubs 

On 12/04/2018 at 10:14, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Surely this is a game we can win....they are really on their arses at the moment.

However....Nigel will know our considerable weaknesses and at the very worst will seek to nullify us to get a draw out of it and that's not an unrealistic outcome.

This is exactly what I thought before the Sunderland game Kash! Fingers crossed for me now.

10 hours ago, archied said:

Carson

wisdom.  Pearce.      Davies.    Fozzy

Ledley

wiemen    Hudds.         Palmer.    Lawrence

Vydra 

can be fluid to 433 too with that personnel

We need 3 points, agreed...we need to go for it.

Neither of the full backs are in form..or as progressive as I'd like.

Keogh is MUCH better at bringing the ball out than Pearce.

Huddlestone is not mobile enough for that role. Palmer..? Center mid???

Vydra up top on his own..??

Other than that.....

39 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

We need 3 points, agreed...we need to go for it.

Neither of the full backs are in form..or as progressive as I'd like.

Keogh is MUCH better at bringing the ball out than Pearce.

Huddlestone is not mobile enough for that role. Palmer..? Center mid???

Vydra up top on his own..??

Other than that.....

Won’t argue on keough point , I see Palmer in a free role ,and vyds not alone up front but more us going at them big style with the others being fluid and buzzing round him,, 

On 4/12/2018 at 04:39, David said:

Time to say cheerio to the Pirelli Stadium and Burton, 3pm Saturday. 

Burton are having a mini injury crisis, number of players possibly out. Bent of course is ineligible.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/1104-injuries/

Hull have just been and hit them for 5, not won at home since September and chances of survival are extremely slim, we have what could be the final nail, needs to be hammered. 

Sheff Utd v Millwall and Boro v Bristol City the other games to keep an eye on.

Boro the only side that could potentially knock us out the top 6. Couple of draws in these games would be very handy. 

Not won at home since sept!

2-0 to burton then!

Archived