Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/04/2018 at 11:00, philmycock said:

You just know we’ll get beat here! Any decent pubs between train station and ground?

Head right for The Devonshire, Last Heretic and Roebuck, Also Coopers Tavern down Cross Street is a hidden Gem(None of these are on the way to ground but all within 5ish minutes of station. Heading towards the ground The Alfred’s decent, haven’t been in Derby Inn but sure it’s decent aswell. All nice real ales. 

21 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Excellent research by the BBC.

The only previous meeting at the Pirelli Stadium was last season on Boxing Day, a 1-0 victory for Burton.

Excellent research by you too

We beat Birmingham at home on Boxing day 2016

Burton beat us on August 26th at the Pirelli

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

Excellent research by you too

We beat Birmingham at home on Boxing day 2016

Burton beat us on August 26th at the Pirelli

Thats what @WystonRam means. Thats what the BBC put on their website about boxing day,

Sith Happens

Is it just me that thinks Gary is on a potential Lose Lose here. We lose, or draw the forum will be in meltdown. Win by anything less than 3-0 and I see a meltdown too.

It wont be easy, Burton are going to be up for it, they cant stay up, but will be looking to give their fans a performance, its going to be a cup final for them.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It wont be easy, Burton are going to be up for it, they cant stay up, but will be looking to give their fans a performance, its going to be a cup final for them.

Agreed but if we match them for effort then surely we have enough quality and experience to grab all the 3pts. If only football was that simple though. Personally I'd take a scrappy 3pts. That's all that matters at this late stage of the season. Plenty of time in the summer for an autopsy on how the season has gone.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Is it just me that thinks Gary is on a potential Lose Lose here. We lose, or draw the forum will be in meltdown. Win by anything less than 3-0 and I see a meltdown too.

Nah

just get three points. 

Millwall have a tricky game away at sheff utd

all will be fine.

We just need to cross the half-way line please gary.

Sith Happens
Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed but if we match them for effort then surely we have enough quality and experience to grab all the 3pts. If only football was that simple though. Personally I'd take a scrappy 3pts. That's all that matters at this late stage of the season. Plenty of time in the summer for an autopsy on how the season has gone.

Agree, I'd take a scrappy win, points are all that matters.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think Nigel won't be too up for this one against his old mate Gary.

Good news as he was always mad for it when we played a team he really wanted to beat ie Leeds or Forest.

I really think he will be up for it.

He believes he should never have been sacked from Derby and I am sure he will love, again, to get one over on us.

PistoldPete2

Is this story about an injury crisis at burton just kidology from Clough. I bet dyer and Brayford will start for them. Bent is ineligible but I don't think they will miss him much. 

Archived