Rowett brave or not?

Richard246

Will he make changes today and if so what will they be?

What not play Vydra and Palmer upfront will he change the system.

At the moment it's not working so change it we have nothing to lose and it may work in our favor be positive Gary?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mass changes will show panick not bravery. This team has us in 5th so they deserve another shot. I know some players are playing without confidence but to drop them after that last game will have them shot till years end. I say one more chance.

Huddlestone back today so that should help but I agree yes, he needs to tweak the system no win in 9 games proves that.

The system that we play currently does seem to get the best out of Vydra and he’s the only one this season that can win us games so we need to make sure we’re atill playing to his strengths, so you can forget 4-3-3.

3-4-3  could be a possibility. 

Wisdom keogh Davies

weimann/Anya Ledley Huddlestone Fozzy

Vydra.         Palmer

Nugent

Having said that if you haven’t worked on playing a back 3 in training at any point over the course of a season it’s going to be very difficult to switch to it between matches.

22 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Huddlestone back today so that should help but I agree yes, he needs to tweak the system no win in 9 games proves that.

The system that we play currently does seem to get the best out of Vydra and he’s the only one this season that can win us games so we need to make sure we’re atill playing to his strengths, so you can forget 4-3-3.

3-4-3  could be a possibility. 

Wisdom keogh Davies

weimann/Anya Ledley Huddlestone Fozzy

Vydra.         Palmer

Nugent

Having said that if you haven’t worked on playing a back 3 in training at any point over the course of a season it’s going to be very difficult to switch to it between matches.

Didn't look like we'd played with a back four in the last game!:whistle:

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Didn't look like we'd played with a back four in the last game!:whistle:

Dont think we did :lol:

I genuinely don't think 'brave' is the right word for a well paid football manager but I would like to see us be far more positive. Some little things like keeping the ball, attacking with pace and not pulling everyone back for a corner would help a bit I think.

41 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Will he make changes today and if so what will they be?

What not play Vydra and Palmer upfront will he change the system.

At the moment it's not working so change it we have nothing to lose and it may work in our favor be positive Gary?

Can a leopard change its spots ?     Nope.

21 minutes ago, Redcar said:

He’s been brave making so many changes in previous games, of late it’s just not worked.

Brave ???  Are you referring to the recent occasion he made 6 changes?  That worked well.

My wish:

If Olssen injured then Forsyth it is as not convinced by Baird at LB. 

Wisdom at RB.

Hudds and Ledley in CM to replace out of sorts Thorne and hopeless Johnson.

Palmer to be central and close to Vydra who starts up top.

Weimann wide right and Thomas on the left.

Walker and McAllister to be options on the bench. Johnson and Jerome left in Derby.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I was thinking the same about Vydra, doesn’t look like a man enjoying his football. Hopefully he is and just a bit under the weather and I’m wide of the mark (again)

Think it was just a bit of frustration that things weren’t quite coming off, couple of decent bounces and he has a goal and assist in that first half. He’s very much a guy who wants everything to go right, not a bad trait to have as it drives him on to even better when he’s in form, but it can be a problem when he’s struggling.

Huddlestone made the difference today and that wasn't a decision, it was a no brainer. I'm not the only one who has previously suggested that Baird on the wrong side is better than a hapless Forsyth. I doubt having Keogh in the side today wouldn't have changed the result either way, so it was a statement from the manager for him to get his act together. Pearce is very average with barely enough pace at this level, hence the reason he very rarely plays. The choice between Nugent and Jerome is a bit tricky as neither look like scoring again this season. Lawrence was lucky to start but came up with a match winning free kick. 

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I was thinking the same about Vydra, doesn’t look like a man enjoying his football. Hopefully he is and just a bit under the weather and I’m wide of the mark (again)

Wouldn't want a player ending the season in that frame of mind, or you are probably looking at someone likely to be off and away elsewhere. Which may well be the case if a good offer lands on Mel's desk. 

Archived