The straw that broke the camel's back?

I can't be arsed to do a big lengthy post on the subject, but the utterly pathetic performance against Sunderland really feels like a turning point. I've 'only' had a season ticket since the 2003/04 season, but this is the first time I have a genuine intention (ie not just reactionary / getting the hump for a few weeks) to not bother renewing for next season. It increasingly feels like it's going to be 15 and out for me,  I haven't made this thread to be about me though.

I think/know that we've all been in the position where we declare we've had enough, but deep down know that when it comes to deadline day we'll  be handing over that cash.

So the question is simple really.

What exactly would it take to make you give up your season ticket?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have had this feeling for more seasons than not since pp was built . 

If we invest in a balanced team 

If we invest some of our academy in the starting eleven 

If we remove our entitlement to a premier league place .. 

I have come to the conclusion that it's the lot of a dcfc fan . 

Go and moan or don't go and moan.

How fortunate then that the automatic renewal this time has taken matters out of my hands and I don't need to give the renew don't renew debate any head space .. 

Being a rams fan messes with your melon man ...

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Coconut said:

I can't be arsed to do a big lengthy post on the subject, but the utterly pathetic performance against Sunderland really feels like a turning point. I've 'only' had a season ticket since the 2003/04 season, but this is the first time I have a genuine intention (ie not just reactionary / getting the hump for a few weeks) to not bother renewing for next season. It increasingly feels like it's going to be 15 and out for me,  I haven't made this thread to be about me though.

I think/know that we've all been in the position where we declare we've had enough, but deep down know that when it comes to deadline day we'll  be handing over that cash.

Margot Robbie promising to pop round every Saturday afternoon might do it for me.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

I feel your pain..

I have been watching DCFC since the 70s and I just can’t be arsed anymore.. I’ve lived through all the turbulence that is our club but have always looked forward to the next game with hope.. The 80s was about us against Maxwell etal, The Amigos, pulled us together as fans as well. Even the Nigel years when we got in the car week after week, hoping for something, anything, we’re strangely satisfying.. The same 300or so faces at away games, proper fans who never really got on the teams back away from home.

Now since Nigel went (I was not a fan), we have become a divided fans base.. Apart from the brief spell under Mac, we are split on almost everything.. Not that, that didn’t happen before but it’s different now.. There is a toxicity around the place.. I’m too old, people say I am angry and confrontational but I am just destroyed by this club and to me the obvious things that are wrong with it.. I guess I am part of the problem, so I now find myself staying further and further away from the games, commenting on games or even reading others comments.. 

Derby is in my heart, I’ve done the hard miles, spent a fortune doing it but now I just ain’t putting the effort in.. When we were second, my gut and what I was watching told me it was false.. We are an average side in a below average league, that’s the reality. The Sky money will now create a huge imbalance in this league with those huge parachute payments.. For me the football unblemished has burst, money has finally killed the game I loved.. That’s a sham but I am old and struggling to cope with the new game., The real shame is little Angry is feeling the same... At 22, that should ring some alarm bells. Lads like him are the future, if that feeling is widespread, football has a problem.

Sith Happens

I seriously haven't even considered not renewing.

Despite the recent form its not close to the worse season we have had in the past 20 years, I will keep going. I would if we were in a relegation battle though.

I want to see us win, I want to see us succeed, but I don't renew my season ticket on the basis that I expect that to happen, I renew because I support Derby County.

If we were in League 1 I would renew, League 2 I would.

A football club is for life, not just the good times.

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

I had decided not to renew last week. Last night was confirmation that I wont miss it too much. 

For me, I go to be entertained and I haven't enjoyed much of this season. 

I think its an age thing, but im also becoming disinterested in modern football, the premier league glass ceiling, parachute payments, players wages, Uefa, Fifa, champions league etc. All combining to create a sport that I dont like much. To top it off we had the Sam Rush stuff that brought it close to home. 

Ill cherry pick my games from next season. 

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

Death.

My first game was in 1968 and I've seen us slump into the 3rd division and play some absolute garbage football over the years, but Derby County is my club and I would still be going if we were non league.

Had a season ticket for decades not had one for decades although go to almost every home game and a few away .Started to pick my games now and go less ,missed last night because I really couldn't be arsed which is a bit of a worry really after 60 years of attendance.

a few of my friends (yes i do have some) aren't renewing either, but choosing their games as and when or watching online etc.

I dont think walking to and from the ground in the pouring rain helped much with renewals last night either.

The cycle path down the side of the river heading to town was under water in places, maybe we ought to have called the game off due to surrounding areas adverse conditions ?

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

Great question. How about the Club spunking £700,000 of our money to a total non-entity just as sweetener to get an average player to play for us...

That wouldn’t happen though; 

ey up...’ang on a minute ...

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

a few of my friends (yes i do have some) aren't renewing either, but choosing their games as and when or watching online etc.

I dont think walking to and from the ground in the pouring rain helped much with renewals last night either.

The cycle path down the side of the river heading to town was under water in places, maybe we ought to have called the game off due to surrounding areas adverse conditions ?

That walk back into town last night was particularly grim - only positive was it was quiet as most folk had left early! 

I said this would be my last season ticket (had one since George Burleys first season 2003ish, I was 12 years old) I’m a few months away from going to a mortgage advisor and although I could afford to continue going I’m at a point where I’m thinking it wouldn’t be worth my soon to be limited resources to be bored to tears.

Alas I renewed yesterday afternoon on the premise that I’ll stop if I cant fall back in love with my team next season. What a smack in the face last night was! Had I have not renewed yesterday afternoon I think last night may have been the straw. As I sat on the bus with chapped legs, piss wet through and miserable I was furious at the lack of fight. 

The football was sometimes garbage under clough but it was acceptable when we had a team of freebies and bargains. It was exciting signing the unknown quantities. And at times the football could be scintillating... that millwall game before he got sacked! Wow! 

Ive not seen one Rowett team performance that comes close to that Millwall performance from Clough...

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That walk back into town last night was particularly grim - only positive was it was quiet as most folk had left early! 

Yeah, no bottle neck near the railway bridge.  talking of which, did you hear the bloke on RD  who called in after 10pm and said he'd left after 20 mins!?:pinch:

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeah, no bottle neck near the railway bridge.  talking of which, did you hear the bloke on RD  who called in after 10pm and said he'd left after 20 mins!?:pinch:

Yep - missed Vydra's goal. Probably didn’t get as wet as us though!

Archived