Rowett must stay

ramtique

To all those saying Rowett out ... it's only two months since we have him and his back room bumper new 3 year contracts to fend off alleged interest from Stoke. How much more money do you want us to p**s away in paying off fat contracts  a la McClaren, Clement, Pearson etc?  It’s precisely this sort of knee jerk reaction that has left us in the position we are now ... with little or no money to improve the situation and the owner talking about the necessity to draw the horns in even further next season. Like everyone, I was embarrassed tonight. In 40+ years of supporting this great club, tonight’s performance would rank in the ‘top’ 5 worst I have witnessed. But when are we all going to realise that sacking a manager who was the bees’ knees just a few short weeks ago isn’t the answer....? Rowett may or may not be the man to take us where we want to go but, given the realistic and limited ambitions most of us had at season’s start, snd the achievement of getting us to second not so long ago, surely he deserves longer. Like his style of football or not! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett must stay, even though his side just lost 4-1 to bottom of the league at home? Why must he stay? For the good football? For the young progressive team he's building? No. We shouldn't use past failures in sacking managers to stop us sacking Rowett. 

Have to give him time. Sacking yet another manager will take us into league one next year. We need a plan in place where both owner and manager are on the same page and working together in order to move forward. Yes the performance tonight was disgusting but it actually amazes me that this squad is in the the top 6 at this stage of the season. Iam sick to death of the club acting like a merry-go-round for mangers! Rowett needs time! 

Can I just say, Rowett has never been the Bees knees to me. I honestly don’t know what’s best for the club but to stick with a manager solely because we can’t afford to sack him shows me we really have been mismanaged from higher than Rowett.

It would appear we are in a right old mess, Rowett has been with us a year now and that bilge served up tonight tells me it ain’t gonna get any better under his tenure, bloody football eh ?

Like Brexit we made a mistake. Rubbish is an understatement. GR is patently not up to it. He was a defender and it shows in the way he organises. Hoof, Sideways, Hoof. Summer signings Jerome do me a favour GET RID.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Finch said:

Like Brexit we made a mistake. Rubbish is an understatement. GR is patently not up to it. He was a defender and it shows in the way he organises. Hoof, Sideways, Hoof. Summer signings Jerome do me a favour GET RID.

Well you may have a point , his best signings have been hudds and Davies , his players in forward positions have been ****. 

The problem is if we get rid now what will we do? It's not as if we have any footballers left at the club ow they've all been sold or loaned out. For this season at least we are stuck with the crap we have

even guardiola wouldn't be able to get these anti footballers playing football.

And who would all you “get rid” merchants replace him with? Whoever it is will have no money to play with - minus the cash it would take to pay off GR and all his back room team! I’m afraid, like it or not, Mel has thrown his lot in with GR now and knows he would look a fool if he pulled the trigger as quickly as some of you lot would like him to ... once again!

PistoldPete2
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

The problem is if we get rid now what will we do? It's not as if we have any footballers left at the club ow they've all been sold or loaned out. For this season at least we are stuck with the crap we have

even guardiola wouldn't be able to get these anti footballers playing football.

Rowett came in a year ago to allow him time to look at the squad and decide what changes were needed in the summer. Might make sense to do the same again for a new manager. Problem will be, as last year getting rid of the dross. All on big wages. 

16 minutes ago, ramtique said:

To all those saying Rowett out ... it's only two months since we have him and his back room bumper new 3 year contracts to fend off alleged interest from Stoke. How much more money do you want us to p**s away in paying off fat contracts  a la McClaren, Clement, Pearson etc?  It’s precisely this sort of knee jerk reaction that has left us in the position we are now ... with little or no money to improve the situation and the owner talking about the necessity to draw the horns in even further next season. Like everyone, I was embarrassed tonight. In 40+ years of supporting this great club, tonight’s performance would rank in the ‘top’ 5 worst I have witnessed. But when are we all going to realise that sacking a manager who was the bees’ knees just a few short weeks ago isn’t the answer....? Rowett may or may not be the man to take us where we want to go but, given the realistic and limited ambitions most of us had at season’s start, snd the achievement of getting us to second not so long ago, surely he deserves longer. Like his style of football or not! 

Fair points, however the club probably went a bit over the top with the 3 yr contract. Most managers do well to stay at a club for 18 months. 

4 minutes ago, ramtique said:

And who would all you “get rid” merchants replace him with? Whoever it is will have no money to play with - minus the cash it would take to pay off GR and all his back room team! I’m afraid, like it or not, Mel has thrown his lot in with GR now and knows he would look a fool if he pulled the trigger as quickly as some of you lot would like him to ... once again!

Ragnor Logdbrock.

18 minutes ago, Finch said:

Spoken like a true snowflake remainer...if things aren't going the way you'd like them to....you just melt under the pressure.

Were 5th for f##%s sake.

Its been the toughest lambing season for years on the hills, I'm so thankful that our Derbyshire Gritstones lambs don't wilt when things get a bit tough, in the way you fair weather folk do.

Were still in the play offs...what was you expecting this season? 

Sacking him would seriously rape us with FFP after the new contract.

Just going to have to go with what we have for a year or two, boring has **** but the high earners will be gone, the expectation will have gone and the mistake will hopefully  have been learnt

Archived