Rowett must stay

ramtique

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really would love to see what McClaren could do....oh wait we saw that last season and yes we were nowhere near the playoffs! 

No money to invest in new players, a poor squad on lots of money bought post Mac 1, 13/14 and 14/15 has long long gone well before Rowett arrived! 

Whoever comes in will want a boat load of cash to sort us out or change our style of play without the personnel to do it.

Mel has ******* up royally since he’s been in charge, now is the time he needs to stick as if not,  we could be in Sunderland’s position next season

2 hours ago, ramtique said:

And who would all you “get rid” merchants replace him with? Whoever it is will have no money to play with - minus the cash it would take to pay off GR and all his back room team! I’m afraid, like it or not, Mel has thrown his lot in with GR now and knows he would look a fool if he pulled the trigger as quickly as some of you lot would like him to ... once again!

The Derby Way was cited when Clement was sacked. I'd use this to fire Rowett, who clearly doesn't play the Rowett way and instate somebody who does. Gus Poyet, maybe? Marco Silva if we're being ambitious. I want football that doesn't make me fall asleep, with young, attack minded players who go out there to win, rather than not lose. 

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I really would love to see what McClaren could do....oh wait we saw that last season and yes we were nowhere near the playoffs! 

Mac never got a fair try. He was sacked way too soon (he got a lot less leniency than Rowett has had). He got one window (which was only a January, not enough time to put his mark on the club). His preferred striker was out on loan, and he didn't have enough time to put his stamp on the squad again. He signed Nuge, who was great for the price paid. Given some time, Mac would have turned it around. He was seemingly fired so they could go get Rowett, and consequently I don't believe he failed or got given a chance. 

We started that year in relegation form induced by Nigel Pearson.

Archived