Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Lets see how the season ticket sales go. It will be interesting to see the early bird numbers as a gauge on how the fans perceive the club at the moment. 

I know around me theres plenty of seats that are sitting empty that wernt at the start of the season. 

Lets face it, any board starts to get jittery as soon as they see the income going down and pressure starts to mount on the manager. 

My gut feel, some people will pick and choose games more, and season tickets will reduce purely down to the football on show this season. 

Let Gary carry on, he can have the start of next season to continue his progress.  However if the style doesnt change and results arnt clever then he wont last long. 

22k sold I believe 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

And you dear boy are a cry baby with possibly the most irrational mind on this board. 

17 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Post something the pro Rowett people don’t like the look of and the default setting with some of them is to insult, question sanity or resort to crass one liners.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Check my previous posts tonight, I was relieved and happy with the three points, happier still other results went the way they did, I have not made one comment on our performance today, which many have, and I still won’t. The three points were what it’s all about tonight.

Further, it’s only the way the manager sets us up to play I “have a go” at, never the club as a whole. 

Do you really think he set up wrong today then 

If so tell me why it was so wrong ! 

25 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You should only look to replace a manager if you believe that a) he is not getting the maximum out of the squad at his disposal & b) that there is an ideal candidate who would be able to.

Derby currently sit 5th with 7 matches left. The general consensus on this forum in August was that a top half finish was expected but that top 6 was not guaranteed - there was practically no-one who expected top two. Therefore on that basis, Rowett is performing to expectations. Forget about the style, its a results based business.

My main criticism of him would be transfer targets which are along the same lines as we've had for 3 years - big names, generally past their best, Premiership experience, big wages. I'll give Rowett the benefit of the doubt by assuming he preferred experience to 'help us over the line' but this team needs youth, pace, energy & ambition - particularly in midfield/attacking areas - to fully implement Rowett's high press/high energy approach. If as expected we don't go up, I'd like to see a significant infusion of youth in the summer to build for the next 5 years.

I'd go along with that.

Pre season anywhere between 6-10th would have been golden.

After pre season, once he'd recruited Dads Army, and dispensed of the services of Hughes and Ince, then sidelined Martin, it became obvious that top 6 only would do.

Its Gary who's set this expectation in my eyes, now he has to achieve it.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd go along with that.

After pre season, once he'd recruited Dads Army, and dispensed of the services of Hughes and Ince, then sidelined Martin, it became obvious that top 6 only would do.

My understanding was that both Hughes & Ince wanted to leave - I'm not sure how Rowett could have stopped either (gutted though I was at the time) without having 2 very demotivated players on the books.

Martin was more a compatibility issue - he doesn't suit Rowett's style & therefore not much point keeping him around the group when he's a good Championship striker in the right team. Not sure why this is used as a stick to beat Rowett with - McClaren for instance didn't utilise Vydra to any material effect last season & in view of his previous record with Watford & this season, it now looks very ill-judged.

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

My understanding was that both Hughes & Ince wanted to leave - I'm not sure how Rowett could have stopped either (gutted though I was at the time) without having 2 very demotivated players on the books.

Martin was more a compatibility issue - he doesn't suit Rowett's style & therefore not much point keeping him around the group when he's a good Championship striker in the right team. Not sure why this is used as a stick to beat Rowett with - McClaren for instance didn't utilise Vydra to any material effect last season & in view of his previous record with Watford & this season, it now looks very ill-judged.

Fair enough, but just because Hughes and Ince left, he wasn't duty bound to replace them with a pair of Hull City pensioners, just as he didn't need to replace Martin with Jerome, all that last transaction has achieved is leaving us two big wage bills come next season. 

Ince went at the right time for a decent fee, but I'm not convinced at all that's the case with Will.

Hate the football but Rowett in, just for the fact he makes big decisions, like dropping keogh, Thorne, Johnson and Forsyth. In the past half of these players would be Playing the next game, regardless of how they played. Well done Rowett, but can we be a bit more adventurous in games?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Fair enough, but just because Hughes and Ince left, he wasn't duty bound to replace them with a pair of Hull City pensioners, just as he didn't need to replace Martin with Jerome, all that last transaction has achieved is leaving us two big wage bills come next season. 

Ince went at the right time for a decent fee, but I'm not convinced at all that's the case with Will.

Agree with most of that although I would say Curtis Davies has been a fantastic addition. Jerome & Huddlestone I still can't understand (despite Tom's quality, don't believe he suits Rowett's style)

7 hours ago, Norman said:

Yes, I can see the point you are making (even though the quotes haven’t worked for some reason) but my point is, on the whole other pro Rowett members to give them credit, are constant throughout with their stance, curtains, bless him, is up, down, in or out.

One day he’ll be ready to stick his head in the oven, another, euphoric and being as though he gave me the benefit of his opinion on my good self, (like a broken record) I thought if we are being honest about how we come across, I would return in kind. 

In retrospect a quote of his post and a “I rest my case” would probably have sufficed but good point, we’ll made. :thumbsup:

On 30/03/2018 at 22:38, rad1919 said:

The Derby way?

Yes ,what is the fictional Derby way,its like searching for Atlantis or finding aliens,no such thing there is just success or failure no such thing as the Derby way just a few Rams fans living in a dream

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'd go along with that.

oh yes with Martin and Ince we finished outside the top 6 didn't we?

Just give him time - let him learn from his mistakes and grow as a coach with us. It really could be a lot worse, and it should only take tweaks to improve us again next season. 

There’s not been one realistic name suggested as an alternative and the thought of a Pardew or Mowbray (or anyone else off the merry go round) doesn’t bear thinking about. 

10 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm delighted that we won today, despite the fact that last week I said that I had lost interest. Obviously I haven't lost as much interest as I thought. I have no desire for Rowett to get the sack - equally I have no great love for the way we play.

I could not have put it better myself.

10 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm delighted that we won today, despite the fact that last week I said that I had lost interest. Obviously I haven't lost as much interest as I thought. I have no desire for Rowett to get the sack - equally I have no great love for the way we play.

Spot on, Eddie.  I'm sure a lot of the level headed ones among us would agree with that sentiment.  Given time, I'm sure he knows we expect a better standard of football but it appears he is trying to build from the back and that's proving to be a bit more challenging than he expected.

13 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Just give him time - let him learn from his mistakes and grow as a coach with us. It really could be a lot worse, and it should only take tweaks to improve us again next season. 

There’s not been one realistic name suggested as an alternative and the thought of a Pardew or Mowbray (or anyone else off the merry go round) doesn’t bear thinking about. 

Warburton, wassell?....

Gary's had a season and a third up to now.....I would have expected some coherence by now......we are certainly no better than when he took over.

Archived