v Cardiff Rearranged for Tues 24th April, 7.45pm

Day

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Half our squad seem barely capable of a brisk walk three times a week. How are we going to cope with Boro, Cardiff and then Villa???:lol:

Two home games and a nice local Derby. Surely these fixtures are what football is all about.

Boro game needs to be a full house and great atmosphere. Cardiff, we'll want to beat them more than we wanted to beat Forest after these last few days. And Villa, this will be to leapfrog them into 3rd or 4th to give us a home tie second in the play offs.

Anybody who's not happy with this kind of fixture at the back end of the season needs to find a different sport.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Half our squad seem barely capable of a brisk walk three times a week. How are we going to cope with Boro, Cardiff and then Villa???:lol:

they will be ok by then,i'm going to give them some good old fashioned seaside training,they will be ready for anything after that

I’m not too fussed in what order we play other teams, if you are going enough you are good enough.

What does confuse me is that if it’s not the first available date then why isn’t it? If it’s to help Cardiff then surely it’s one rule for one and one rule for everyone else?

Edit: Unless it’s the travelling away three times in a row that causes the problem but that’s the only thing I can think of? If not you are, as a league, saying certain teams are better than others?

If we good enough and it’s meant to be then it don’t matter when we play them ,if we hit a bit of form then we can get a result in all of those games ,, certainly focuses the mind for manager ,players and fans too ,there will be none of that naturally occurring complacency that creeps in when you get a good result in a very tough top of the table clash then face a perceived easier game ,,, bring it on and get the team out fighting till their last breath for promotion and if we can stick it to Colin at the same time all’s well

Who cares, we have a game against a tough Middlesbrough followed against a drab welsh team who can’t take part in thier own league because there are only four professional teams in wales ( and don’t want to play each other each other 12 times a year) followed by a game against villa who will have cemented thier play off place by that game whereas we will likely keep the season going into the Barnsley game. All good fun 

It’s only Warnock saying that we wanted it played earlier. And you lot believe him?

the date chosen suits us too otherwise we’ll be playing 7 games in 3 weeks. It could have been as below  

Friday 30th

monday 2nd

Saturday 7th

wednesday 11th

Saturday 14th

Tuesday 17th

Saturday 21st

we now get a full week’s break between those last two Saturdays in the list. 

Kin brilliant! First sky try to screw me up buy moving the game from a Saturday where I have no plans to a Sunday where I have plans, we make alternative arrangements so I can go on the Sunday, game off. Now they pick the 24th instead of the 17th and I'm on nights and not days like I would be on the 17th :angry:

Sky and Warnock are really starting to piss me off.

Archived