v Cardiff Rearranged for Tues 24th April, 7.45pm

David

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Boro, Cardiff and Villa to take us into the last game then. Could make Barnsley pretty meaningless.

You think we will be clear by the Barnsley game then?

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Boro, Cardiff and Villa to take us into the last game then. Could make Barnsley pretty meaningless.

What on earth are you talking about?!

We'll play the same 9 teams in the last 9 games as we were always going to!

The order that they are played makes very little difference to the end outcome, if any.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The order that they are played makes very little difference to the end outcome, if any.

I disagree. Yes we have to play all nine teams.

But having 3 top teams in a week could severely dent your already fragile mental confidence.

If we go on a run after the international break, our confidence will build but still be fragile.

Lose to Boro and you start to doubt especially with those 2 looming (assuming they are also in top form).

So yes it could effect the outcome 

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I didn't say it made a difference? We have some winnable games before then though so I was saying those 3 could end our playoff hopes.

We're capable of getting a result against them but I have no reason to believe it given their current form against ours.

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

But having 3 top teams in a week could severely dent your already fragile mental confidence.

If we go on a run after the international break, our confidence will build but still be fragile.

Lose to Boro and you start to doubt especially with those 2 looming (assuming they are also in top form).

Could also be a huge confidence boost, beating 3 top 6 sides in a week, doing the double over 2 of those and going into the play offs would not only give players belief but put some back in the stands.

1 minute ago, David said:

Could also be a huge confidence boost, beating 3 top 6 sides in a week, doing the double over 2 of those and going into the play offs would not only give players belief but put some back in the stands.

Yes I agree, but the statement I was replying to was the fact that the order we play them makes very little difference.

It could go either way.

38 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

From my experience in a few amateur sports yonks  ago, the big games are much easier to 'get up' for. Mind you, the Davids of this League relish the chance to slay the Goliaths, so check foreheads for indentations.......oops, silly me,too late.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Even worse than that- I’m on feckin late shift.

Someone told me you're always late,utch:p

Archived